Anybody else feel this way about guitar hero and rock band?

Vigilante

Reaction score
rant

All my friends ****ing love both games. Am I the only one who thinks they're (GH and RB) really stupid and would rather spend the same amount of time learning how to play the real thing? I have to see if I'm the only one.

/rant

rock_band.png

I know what you're saying, but as long as they're just having fun I don't mind. If they're one of those brain dead people who think MAN IM PROLLY REALY GOOD BECUZ I PLAY GUITAR HERO, then **** yes it's annoying.

Fact is, it's just a game. People play it to have fun.

In fact, I would think that people who enjoy it well enough would actually be encouraged to pick up an actual guitar and at least try to learn how to play it. I enjoy the game and play guitar so I can definitely see why they think it's fun.

as a musician, I absolutely LOVE rock band. my brother and one of my cousins and I used to have marathons. My half-brother absolutely never understood the appeal of the game. So you're definitely not the only one. But you are in the minority.

In before "Samon hates everything"

In fact, I would think that people who enjoy it well enough would actually be encouraged to pick up an actual guitar and at least try to learn how to play it.

Rhythm games do not exist for this reason, they exist because people don't want to be playing the real thing.

Some people are annoying with it but it can be really fun to hang out with friends with. I'm pretty bad so I usually just chill and listen, but my friend's getting World Tour so I can finally scream my amazing singing scream.

Because its fun.

Woo! thread over it was great while it lasted guys.

They are fun games but they've made music in young people a joke.. Whenever I play my guitar in public I always get some request for some shitty GH song, or I'll hear some douche come up and say 'oh I can probably play decent, I'm pro at GH'. And not only that, younger kids talk about all the songs on GH and act like they know everything about music.

God dammit.

Plus there are more retards starting to play the real thing because of GH. I normally wouldn't complain because more music = good, but most of those kinds of people who do something because of a game are retards in the first place, so they'll buy it then quit after a month.

Rhythm games do not exist for this reason, they exist because people don't want to be playing the real thing.

I'm sure some people have at least tried a guitar thanks to the game though.

Some guy at Gamestop gave me a Rockband T-Shirt when I decided to put money down to reserve Dead Space. I was like "Oh sweet, I needed something to wipe the condensation off my car's windows in the morning."

If you don't like it you don't like it, plenty of people don't.

But it seems like RB/GH attract a lot of arrogant and snobby douchebags who try and act superior by talking the games down. They're not for everyone, but they're good fun even for people who do play instruments (the ones who can dislodge their head from their ass).

I agree they are fun, it's awesome with alot of friends playing all the instruments, but you have to agree it's attracted alot of retards to music.

It's fun. I don't think it really translates into skill with an instrument at all, but it's something you can just pick up and play and enjoy with friends. It's understandable that some people enjoy that sort of game and others don't, just as with other games.

Plus I'm ****ing sweet at RB.

I'd argue that the correlation is more between retards and gaming in general, particularly on consoles.

I play instruments, but I ****ing love the rockstar vibe of GH.

Have you guys actually read Youtube comments to any Guitar Hero/Rock Band video?

****ing hate Guitar Hero and Rock Band TBH. It seems to be the game the kids are playing at the parties theses days, but it's ****ing boring as shit, and boring as shit to watch.

I love the **** out of them. There are few games that can keep a big group of people busy like RB/GH.

My friends and I all play real instruments or sing and we enjoy playing Rockband.

"HAY GUYS AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO DOESN'T LIEK SOMETHING OTHER PEOPLE LIKE?"

Yes. Clearly you are, you ****ing deviant.

****ing hate Guitar Hero and Rock Band TBH. It seems to be the game the kids are playing at the parties theses days, but it's ****ing boring as shit, and boring as shit to watch.

What the hell are you talking about?

Guitar Hero is currently one of my favourite games (if not of all time). I can't frikking wait for World Tour. Possibly the only console game I still care about and want to get.

It is kinda fun to play. It's just when you take it too seriously like thinking you know how to play the instrument that's too far. I would like to learn the guitar but that takes time and money, things I don't really have right now. But yeah the only game I have in this league is Audiosurf, and I only use the mouse ;)

Audiosurf isn't really in Guitar Hero's league (I own both, so trust me). Audiosurf is more "choose a song and watch it turn into awesome" while Guitar Hero is "Play some great guitar songs somewhat realistically" By which I mean, Guitar Hero can make you feel proud of your work and this looks to be even more of the case in World Tour with huge levels of customisation.

Audiosurf is still completely awesome.

I've played GH3 a few times. Personally, I get bored of it quickly because I don't enjoy staring at the screen matching the purty colours with my finger movements. I'm obviously no good at it, but can handle a few tracks on easy.

All in all, I do have some disdain for the meteoric rise in popularity GH has had. It's all a bit out of hand now. What with drum sets, microphones, recording studios in game.... it's all a bit ludicrous.

I played my friend's Guitar Hero III for a few months because I was unemployed, out of money and moody. I didn't care much for the rhythm matching game (I'm ok at Medium level, but can't understand the way you have to actually move your palm for hard mode :p), but dressing up your little rockstar with funky new clothes, guitars and hairstyles is pretty neat. True Story.

It only gets addictive at Expert, because then it feels like you're actually playing the song. (like, every note is played). I actually find Easy harder than Expert because of how slow the notes come down and how unlike the song they are.

I enjoyed it the first few times I played, mainly because of the people I was with. I haven't touched it in a long time and certainly don't miss it. I've been playing the real guitar since about 1993 so I'd much prefer to do that. I don't have any problems with Rock Band or GH unless the people talk trash about how awesome they are. All in all I'd much rather play my guitar, but don't fault people for enjoying the game.

I'm willing to bet before GH/Rockband you still got retards asking you stupid things.

Well yea you always do, but atleast I didn't get requests to play Sweet Child of Mine, Smoke on the Water or Through the Fire and Flames 100000 times a minute.

And I'd also like to add that alot of the songs are actually harder to play in the game then real life.

I play guitar, but I still love getting together with my mates and act like a bunch of idiots with our plastic instruments.

Best party game there's been in a while.

Alot of games have shitty communities you know, its not just Guitar Hero, although its one of the ones that we hear about most. Like others have said its a great game to play with friends.

Yeah..you know..the something jillion people that play it on live. There all assholes btw quitting the songs when they start to lose D:

I'm talking about how it's boring as shit, and it's boring as shit to watch too.

I don't understand how you could find it boring to play. I can see not liking it, but being bored? I feel like you're using the wrong word, although watching it is boring.

I can see it getting boring after a bit, I play Audiosurf only like once a week.

I know what you're saying, but as long as they're just having fun I don't mind. If they're one of those brain dead people who think MAN IM PROLLY REALY GOOD BECUZ I PLAY GUITAR HERO, then **** yes it's annoying.

Fortunately my friends actually play the real thing, though they do like to come back to some light-hearted fun

I personally think that theyre bull***t, with you all the way vigilante.

Back