Anybody here own a nice ride?

What in your opinion, are the best vehicle companies?

• CHEVY

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • DODGE

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • FORD

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • TOYOTA

• HONDA

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • NISSAN

• PORSCHE

Votes: 16 41.0%
  • FERRARIE

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • DELOREAN

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • CADILLAC

Votes: 9 23.1%

• Total voters
needs a wash in this pic. (probably still does though)

DSCN3024.jpg

It was my trip to the Ahvenanmaa ( Åland ), an island off the finnish coast. That glowing thing is plastic bag, protecting my sleeping bag from the rain.

THE BAG DOESN'T GLOW!, it's just a "bug" in my digital camera :)

It was too bright and the rest of the picture was too dark. When the camera makes the picture brighter, the bag brightens too much.

:LOL: Oh, fixed the link
Here's my ride. 512k alert :LOL:

Sieni said:
It was my trip to the Ahvenanmaa ( Åland ), an island off the finnish coast. That glowing thing is plastic bag, protecting my sleeping bag from the rain.

THE BAG DOESN'T GLOW!, it's just a "bug" in my digital camera :)

It was too bright and the rest of the picture was too dark. When the camera makes the picture brighter, the bag brightens too much.

:LOL: Oh, fixed the link
Here's my ride. 512k alert :LOL:

Im on 1.5mb cable broadband and its taking a long ass time to load. (30seconds for like 1/3 of the pic)

my 89' toyota tercel is pretty nice. it goes down hills really good

ahahah. okay once again im gonna make it clear. I told u guys right from the begining u can list any car u own of any make. send pics descriptions ..anything. Now all u whiners what are aying where's bmw, vw, ec. i could only choose 10 topics for a poll. If your a member here, you should know that! Plus i know i missed tons of makes... if i had the chance i would try to list all of emm but its just not possible. So please just drink less coffee and have a good one lol.

Oo and lotus andy im wondering... have u had your car dyno'd yet? lol how much hp you pushin.. and what color is it?

PEACE

Mike

wait, kia's are still cool right???

come on who doesn't love em' korean pimp mo-biles

I voted Honda, Nissan and Toyota because not many people can afford Porsche, Ferrari or Delorean (well, I don't know how much Deloreans cost).

Ford, Chevy, and Dodge are North American, therefore not so good..

You forgot Mazda too...

Max_Payne said:
ahahah. okay once again im gonna make it clear. I told u guys right from the begining u can list any car u own of any make. send pics descriptions ..anything. Now all u whiners what are aying where's bmw, vw, ec. i could only choose 10 topics for a poll. If your a member here, you should know that! Plus i know i missed tons of makes... if i had the chance i would try to list all of emm but its just not possible. So please just drink less coffee and have a good one lol.

Oo and lotus andy im wondering... have u had your car dyno'd yet? lol how much hp you pushin.. and what color is it?

PEACE

Mike
a lotus elise will only push 190 horsepower, but hase fast acceleration(0-60 in 4.9 seconds) due to its light weight.

I own a 1999 Nissan Skyline GTR-R34 V-spec II, had it for 4 years now.
I also have a 1996 Nissan Silvia S14, which is my everyday ride.

I own a

1995 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am (black w/ TTops - all stock)
and
1980 Pontiac Firebird Formula 400 (restoring it right now)
and I am a member of the Oklahoma FBody club www.COFBA.com :bounce:

edit:

Pontiac isnt even on the list **tear**... and btw to those dissing the American made cars... all I have to say is those import toys will get torn up at the stoplight by domestic (read: American) big block V8s

BackFyr said:
Pontiac isnt even on the list **tear**... and btw to those dissing the American made cars... all I have to say is those import toys will get torn up at the stoplight by domestic (read: American) big block V8s

Oh please, I've heard that enough and seen DSM's just tear up big block v8's of the line. Don't make me laugh any harder.

I will concede DSMs may tear a RWD <- read... V8 outta the hole... but after that...AWD is just a whole lotta drivetrain power loss and zooooom DSM in the rear view

BackFyr said:
I will concede DSMs may tear a RWD <- read... V8 outta the hole... but after that... just a whole lotta drivetrain power loss and zooooom DSM in the rear view

15-20% drivetrain loss isn't too bad. Around here, the V8's are getting beat by 300hp mainly dsm's...Theres a few 500hp dsm's running around. But theres enough beastly v8's too, cause it is north carolina..damn rednecks ;)

I like v8's don't get me wrong, but I find it fit more of a challenge to pull power out of small engines and beat several cars with bigger engines :)

Mustang GT's talk shit to that civic I posted, and they get roasted. I mean its quite funny :thumbs:

the problem with smaller engines is this...yes u may go out and beat up on SOME bigger.. more stock V8s... but it is just simple logic that an engine with more displacement mod for mod (assuming all other things equal) will trash any smaller displacement motor (assuming they are both built correctly)... the reason I like bigger V8s is TORQUE and b/c I cant stand the sound of angry bees / lawnmowers (I4 engines)

(BTW Mustang Gts though quick.. are still 1/2 sec slower stock than T/As and Camaros... (assuming we are talking 1992+))

BackFyr said:
the problem with smaller engines is this...yes u may go out and beat up on SOME bigger.. more stock V8s... but it is just simple logic that an engine with more displacement mod for mod (assuming all other things equal) will trash any smaller displacement motor (assuming they are both built correctly)... the reason I like bigger V8s is TORQUE and b/c I cant stand the sound of angry bees / lawnmowers (I4 engines)

Well then you can throw into the mix a turbocharger for the I4 engines, then theres their torque :p. Yeah I can't stand the angry bee/lawnmower exhaust systems either, I am going to get Apexi WS, GT or N1 exhaust system, not too bad sounds.

I was truely amazed at the torque my buddies 97 GSX put out. @ 25 or 26 psi I put out about 464hp and about 466lb(or something around that) torque on his 2litre engine... Its just crazy the potential of the 4g63.

Yeah you can throw a T/c into the mix but I could then counter with a roots blower ;)

Sorry if I came on strong... I am just so sick of people in the 'fast and furious' crowd trashing on American V8s w/o knowing anything about what it takes to even get close to the muscle cars can put out stock.. Wings on the back of FWD vehicles.. the only performance mods they talk about being CAI and 6" Muffler... neons and body kits and /or cut springs... makes ya wanna beat em with a hose....

Any boy that can take one of those 4 bangers... and work on them himself (not walking into the local speed shop w/ a blank check and a desired 1/4 mile ET) get them all tuned and souped up... and outrun a reasonably modded V8... gotta tip your hat to em and buy him a beer :cheers: ... I enjoy seeing cars like that... sleek stock look (no stupid body kits / wings / neons / missing hoods, etc) and I respect that... in fact one of the guys who is good friends with our club named Sonny, drives a Toyota Supra Twin Turbo into the 9s... and that thing looks stock as can be.... that is one bad car and one awesome performance mechanic

BackFyr said:
Sorry if I came on strong... I am just so sick of people in the 'fast and furious' crowd trashing on American V8s w/o knowing anything about what it takes to even get close to the muscle cars can put out stock..

Oh I hate it too myself, my favorite v8 is probably the ls1 or ls6, up in the air. But I hate "the fast and the furious" lovers. They are the ones that usually cause accidents when trying to race there 16 second cars. :frown:

Oh btw, he has gotten a 11.2 in the gsx with the setup after working everything out, but now put the engine under the knife, now going to 2.4L and modifing the turbo to give some extra power, and putting it into a lighter car, he should be seeing low 10's high 9's with :)

burnzie said:
Ohh those new pontiac gto's are aussie home bred monaro's. exept you yanks chucked an ugly ass front on it.

Hey, wasn't my choice to bring the ausie monaro over as a GTO... ugly as can be and not all that quick... I wish they would let that name rest in peace or bring back a worthy car... stupid gm **grrrr**

the gts monaro is quick but you guys got the cv8 monaros which are basicly a family sedan with 2 doors insted of 4 and a standard v8

gts comes with a 300kw v8 and is a pretty damn powerfull car.

'02 Firehawk with about 330rwhp

I'm thinking about dropping in an ls7 for an estimated 450 to 400rwhp and will still pull a .95g

whoever said American built cars aren't quality proabaly need to check thier facts again. Or are you going to try to tell me a 190rwhp civic is exciting especially when the ones for sale in the US are built in Mexico, like a majority of todays 'imports'.

Oh and for the GTO argument in 2007 it will be built on the Zeta platfrom. Plus the Holdens dont have the same EPA equipment that the GTO's have. IE less performance from the same engine.

johnshafft said:
'02 Firehawk with about 330rwhp

I'm thinking about dropping in an ls7 for an estimated 450 to 400rwhp and will still pull a .95g

whoever said American built cars aren't quality proabaly need to check thier facts again. Or are you going to try to tell me a 190rwhp civic is exciting especially when the ones for sale in the US are built in Mexico, like a majority of todays 'imports'.

Oh and for the GTO argument in 2007 it will be built on the Zeta platfrom. Plus the Holdens dont have the same EPA equipment that the GTO's have. IE less performance from the same engine.
is the girl included?

McFly said:
send me some pix!

Here's one next to my old mans 'nice ride' ;)

I'd like to add that its all speed due to light weight, not cubic inches :p

That said, you can't beat a nice V8 in the proper place, i.e. my landrover :D

I think your old man's is better, I'd choose that over yours in a heartbeat :D

nope, I can safely say, no it's not. In terms of handling, power, looks and everything :D

That said it is over 30 years old, so I shouldnt be too hard on it :p

Blown '01 SVT Mustang Cobra ~490RWHP... Then I sold it and got a pullied and blown '03 Cobra... ~600RWHP :cheese: I'd take pics but it's down in Georgia :(

/me wants to preorder a Ford GT.

Back