Anyone had this problem?

WeeViL

Hunter
Reaction score

I keep getting these red circles in DOD:S, I also get green ones in CS:S but I can not replicate this kind of artifacting in other games.

Anyone had this kind of thing or perhaps know what is causing it??

I have a Sapphire x850 XT, with no overclocking. The catalyst driver version has made no difference, it has been doing this for a while but was not as obvious in CS:S.

Hmm peciular... What kind of video card do you have and are you overclocking it?

I guess no one else has had this kind of problem. I might email one of the Valve guys, maybe they could shed some light.

I have your same card sorry but i do not get that fault.
that is a stange one, do you mod the comand lines in any way..
Also what fps do you get and at what settings just nice to know thanks

I have not used any commands, I tried deleting and re-downloading the content but the results are the same.

I am currently running it at 1280*960 everything set to max except AF and AA. Most of the time it hangs around 90-100 fps... firefights I am sure it will be a different matter.

Hmmm possibly overheating of the graphics card... It doesnt' really appear to be though because usually you end up getting "snow flakes" when overheating graphics cards

I can't get this or any other artifacting to occur in other games, here is something else I have seen in CS:S and DOD:S which is equally odd....

I thought something must be wrong with the card but couldn't prove it if you know what I mean, BF2, GTASA etc none of which showed signs of artifacts. I was thinking of programs to use which were quite stressing, then I remembered the real-time HDR program http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/rthdribl/. Low and behold artifacting! Pretty good for testing while overclocking, I used to use it on my 9800pro.

I think your graphics card RAM is bad or marginal. I had similar rows of dots on a non-overclocked 9800Pro; after a week or so they got worse & the card was effectively junk. Maybe Source games stress the RAM more than the other games without artifacts?

Those specs are not on your computer but actually your eyes

You have the plague.

Have you validated your files, turn off graphics settings?

Back