Aperture Science Website Details

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something to think about

I have read all the 41 pages of the other post and all of this one and it seems we are at a dead end. So I'm just throwing ideas out here and even if I'm right it doesn't really move us along. But anyway, in the wiki page it says one of the quotes from the game is "The experiment is nearing its conclusion. The enrichment centre is required to remind you that you will be baked, and then there will be cake." So taking this into acount one can think that the ever popular saying "The cake is a lie" may actually be "The cake is Alie" Alie being a person's name. So Alie may be the name of the new character you are playing. Or, since the voice says at the end of the testing you will get cake, Alie may be the name of someone close to the main character who was taken by Aperture Science. Or I may be speaking complete gibberish.:)

Can we just all agree to only post new stuff if it:
a) Makes sense
b) Is new
c) Is based on more than a tenuous connection formed over a 3 hour period starting at 1am during which you got high

I propose that violators of the code shall themselves be violated with a rusty chainsaw.

Has anyone considered that we missed a letter and that "The Cake is Alive?"

chainsaw.jpg

I say that this thread gets locked and when something comes up, we'll start anew.

or we can be patiant until it comes out. What am I saying! I can't wait!:bounce: Anyway, there isn't a letter we've been missing, Ive checked many times. And there must be something to do with that shopping list, can't see anything obvious though.

Anybody find it strange they ask if the person has "recurring thoughts of regicide"? Perhaps it has no purpose except to confuse the user but it may be some kinda of global link between GMan and Aperture Science. I think it was posted somewhere that people think GMan and Aperture Science are somewhat linked together.

Now....regicide....taking down the Combine empire?

Just thought I would post that, sorry if it was posted before, or if it makes/made no sense.

I FIGURED OUT WHAT THE CAKE IS LYING ABOUT!!!!

(Samon, don't kick my balls for this... :()

iisacookiepg6.jpg

IT'S LYING!!!!

*Curls up in a ball*

Auuuuuuu....!

You hurt my feelings...

I thought it was kinda silly, and I was trying to be a smartass too, so :p

Stop wasting our time...each time I check the forum I see that there's a new post and I can't not look in case it's something that's not random blathering.

EGRET also stands for Energetic Gamma Ray Experiment Telescope. I imagine it is rather large.

There is no Large Egret in the animal kingdom. Only a Great Egret, and a Little Egret.

Congratultions. Just to be cynical, I think that the site has had as much done and found out about it as is possible.

Did anyone fail to notice that within one of the portal videos the nice voice says

"The experiment is nearing its conclusion. The enrichment center is required to remind you that you will be baked, and then there will be cake."

Now, I believe that the message "the cake is a lie" means that there is going to be no cake at the end of the test, perhaps?

- I'm also wondering why does it say "you will be baked" does it mean you will be eaten? Wow that would be strange. Anyway. Your opinions? :)

Yeah. I think "the cake is a lie" basically means that the cake that you've been promised for completing the testing... well... is a lie. Remember the crazy rooms in the original trailer, full of fire and moving stuff and stuff? I think that's the "baked" part - dunno how they think that's more efficient than just, say, shooting you, but yeah.

- I'm also wondering why does it say "you will be baked" does it mean you will be eaten? Wow that would be strange. Anyway. Your opinions? :)

Ending up as dinner for a Combine Advisor?

No, they don't have mouths, and the consensus seems to be that the place isn't Combine property at all.

heh

Did anyone fail to notice that within one of the portal videos the nice voice says

"The experiment is nearing its conclusion. The enrichment center is required to remind you that you will be baked, and then there will be cake."

Now, I believe that the message "the cake is a lie" means that there is going to be no cake at the end of the test, perhaps?

well if anything it might turn out this whole thing is about you being called to be feed to a huge sand monster , like in a "The island" type a way. Also I recall seeing a kid post about seeing the symbol before of the science site and seeing it in a textbook in a "light " section , well hes right and nto only that but durign the 50 question test one of the questions ask about studying light with a prism...add it together people... theres gonna be somethign about light , to power the gun maybe? maybe the creature whos gonna eta ya liek cake needs light to survive? thats how ya kill it? i dont no...just a guess.

and i have more theorys not stated before in any of the topics but gtg , be on later.:imu:

The Aperture Science symbol. Which is like the iris on the stargate in Stargate SG-1.

I can't for the life of me find it but are we talking about the symbol that looks like *gasps* an aperture? I think it's safe to say you're reading waaaaaaaaay too much into this, xxxSaintxxx.

Ending up as dinner for a Combine Advisor?

No, they don't have mouths, and the consensus seems to be that the place isn't Combine property at all.

I still think that the GMan and his employers are behind this.

- I'm also wondering why does it say "you will be baked" does it mean you will be eaten? Wow that would be strange. Anyway. Your opinions?

Baked. That's an euphemism for decontaminating something by bombarding it with radiation.

wow, from what i can see, u all have done a very good job at discovering these things but i think i mite already know all of this. one thing to note though- -some stuff in teh vault is indeed older and more cryptic than the design of the "enrichment center."

hmm....

hello again...

u no that chick who says stuff on metropolice radio when you kill them??

MAYBE that's the woman speaking in teh game....creepy shit

y is the mattress on the bed taken out? and y is everything knocked over on the ground haphazardly??

i wish it was october already.....

Why... Why - thought there was new stuff up!

And what the hell - tripple post in 4 min..?

Addendum:

There's an easter egg in Portal that, if fed into this website, will provide extra information. If you don't want to experience this cool discovery for yourself, check below:

In one of the wall-spaces where you find the writings and ravings of your predecessor(s?) - specifically, the one with pictures of the Companion Cube - you'll see the following login and username:

cjohnson
tier3

Using these to log into the Aperture Science website and typing 'NOTES' will give you an amusing history of Aperture Science, detailing its origins, its relationship with Black Mesa, and the nature of the Portals and GLaDOS...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back