Aperture Science website details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've discovered very usefull stuff for further breaking into the site.

1. At the login, type the username CJOHNSON, and the password TIER3. Both the name and the pass will be explaned in 2.

2. When logged in, type NOTE or NOTES. You will get a description of Aperature science, the employee Cave Johnson (you logged in with his account), the begining of portal technology, and some connections with Black Mesa.

3. You can also type INTERROGATE and then a name, and it won't say ERROR 2, but UNKNOWN EMPLOYEE, which means you could interrogate someone if you knew the name. This could be the next step if we could just find the right name. Trying to write the UID(+L) is pointless becouse 1) It's case sensitive and written in small letters, while you can only type capital letters and 2) it always changes so you can't memorise it. It might have something to do with answering the questions right so you are the right man for the job, maybe finding out Chell's characteristics and using them?
That's all I found out so far. Hope it helps.
Isn't that old :p?

3. You can also type INTERROGATE and then a name, and it won't say ERROR 2, but UNKNOWN EMPLOYEE, which means you could interrogate someone if you knew the name. This could be the next step if we could just find the right name. Trying to write the UID(+L) is pointless becouse 1) It's case sensitive and written in small letters, while you can only type capital letters and 2) it always changes so you can't memorise it. It might have something to do with answering the questions right so you are the right man for the job, maybe finding out Chell's characteristics and using them?
That's all I found out so far. Hope it helps.

Wow.. haven't posted here in awhile. :thumbs: Anyways...

This has to be the next step. I kinda have followed this website ever since it was found way long ago, and I've tried the same INTERROGATE function by entering any portal/half-life characters and nothing worked. I also tried using the #'s on the clipboards found around the game, I know one was like a monkey or chicken or something, one was Chell's, and one kinda looked like a Vortigaunt. This has to be the next step because there isn't really any other option left to explore on the website.

yeh people is it me but when u log on and type playthen portal it redirects you to youtube saying this vid has been removed!

tell me what u think

This has to be the next step. I kinda have followed this website ever since it was found way long ago, and I've tried the same INTERROGATE function by entering any portal/half-life characters and nothing worked. I also tried using the #'s on the clipboards found around the game, I know one was like a monkey or chicken or something, one was Chell's, and one kinda looked like a Vortigaunt. This has to be the next step because there isn't really any other option left to explore on the website.

Code:
       case "INTERROGATE":
        {
            if (_l1.length == 1)
            {
                gladosMessage = "^^ERROR 02 [Command requires at least one parameter]";
            }
            else if (is_cj)
            {
                gladosMessage = "^^ERROR 07 [Unknown Employee]";
            }
            else
            {
                gladosMessage = "^^ERROR 01 [Illegal attempt to initiate disciplinary action]";
            } // end if
            break;
        }
you won't find anything interesting

Code:
       case "INTERROGATE":
        {
            if (_l1.length == 1)
            {
                gladosMessage = "^^ERROR 02 [Command requires at least one parameter]";
            }
            else if (is_cj)
            {
                gladosMessage = "^^ERROR 07 [Unknown Employee]";
            }
            else
            {
                gladosMessage = "^^ERROR 01 [Illegal attempt to initiate disciplinary action]";
            } // end if
            break;
        }
you won't find anything interesting

Dang, I thought I managed to find something... But I still don't understand how come someone could get to the site code. If you could find more code, we would get to the bottom of the site easily.
OR, you might be sent here by Valve to mislead us! Maybe that's not the real code! It's all a conspiracy against us!!! YOU WILL NOT CATCH ME ALIVE!!! HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was video of David Copperfield's "Portal" Trick.

It's no fair! Blane used a portal gun!:)
Seriously, the video might help in solving the site puzzle. Maybe they didn't put the video just becouse it uses portals.

I use SWF-decompiler by SourceTek
Full source code in attachment ( Packed for size restrictions)

Attachments

• aperture science.zip
    38.7 KB · Views: 272
Hey, way to copy this from the valve developer website, more or less word for word. Credit or GTFO?

"//That code belongs to Valve Software."
Read before you talk.

Hey, 1st post. Here is my thought about all of the Apeture Science deal:

Perhaps it is G-man that works for Apeture science and is setting your life up to take down Black Mesa (It may look like you're helping them, but you end up blowing up a lot of things in hl1) Like, he uses you to get information. Then the combine comes along and basically intervenes with G-mans/Apeture's plans. Is that possible?

Why do you say that. There isn't any evidence that points to it being false.

There also is absolutely no evidence that points to it being true.

1st) It is evident that G-man is not working for Black Mesa, he is evidentally trying to get inside. You'll see soon.

2nd) G-man HAD control over Gordan and could hire him to do things.

3rd) G-man sabotaged the test that went on in HL1. You can research it too.

4th) G-man will be well introduced in Episode 3. Trust me, I know.

Ugh... Please stop pretending you know things we don't. It's pathetic.

1st) My brother is a developer at Valve (He works on Models)
2nd) My Father sketched up the model for G-man.

I will get permission from Valve to scan in the original drawings of G-man. If you don't believe me.

Okay, do it.

See, you won't. I think that you are merely a troll. What's your brother's name?

I have already discussed this with Mikael Grizzly, and Jack Hargrove. I will get those pictures on here. I won't "leak" them though, although sense they are like over 10 years old I don't see how it's leaking, but I do indeed need permission. Besides, I'm going to smite you and laugh at you when I do place the pictures/sketches on here.

ALRIGHT OH SHIT I'M SO EXCITED.

Honest. I'm not taking the piss.

... Of course I'm taking the piss. If you've got something to show us, then that's cool, and I'm interested, but when you go around bumping threads and putting on an air of being in the loop about everything it's pretty ridiculous. What do you want? Mad props for 'knowing' that the Portal gun is in Episode 3? :hmph:
Also, it's GORDON, not GORDAN.

A typo, chill out. It's 5:20 in the morning, I've pulled another all-nighter mapping. Dang.

Hey, 1st post. Here is my thought about all of the Apeture Science deal:

Perhaps it is G-man that works for Apeture science and is setting your life up to take down Black Mesa (It may look like you're helping them, but you end up blowing up a lot of things in hl1) Like, he uses you to get information. Then the combine comes along and basically intervenes with G-mans/Apeture's plans. Is that possible?

From how and what you post, you sound like a complete newbie. As a result, I shan't take you seriously.

First post on this forum. And you still are acting like a 9 year old. Grow up mate, and just shut up, please.

Yeah, I'm being incredibly immature, that's for sure. Anyway, if you do ever post this G-man thing, make a thread about it.

i registered just to ask this, but did anyone else get this message?

Warning: mysql_fetch_object(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /valve/www/www.aperturescience.com/index.php on line 41

it doesn't appear in green, its black like the background.

i figure its just a error message for the actual site, not the site content, but i have no idea what it means.

EDIT: does anyone else see different pictures of cake? One looked like the picture above, one was just a candle (bigger than the candle in the picture above), and the other was a full round cake, not just a slice.

anyone know why the '?' works, but none of the other keys not numbers or letters.
also, i think that the cake page is not the last clue.

I did find out a few things, like these terminals don't have to
tap out characters one at a time.

seems to indicate that there are other commands that can be created using macros... but i can not find any (though i did just try a bunch of random crap).
i got the error message and on my comp the message was in red O.O

There any good reason why aperturescience.com is the Christmas theme from last year again?

Nope, it was taken off...

But the website had abit of a spaz, went offline for a few days and came back on with the Christmas theme :|

There were some parts of the applification process that just made me type in one of three things:

"Oh screw you GLaDOS"

"The hell kind of question is that?"

"What?"

guys my first post on this site someone find out more also will you all please stop linking portal to half life games? portal as designed by a college where students design games. they made it as a project valve liked it and bought it off of them. THEN they added half life 2 refferences and such. just so you all know ive been replaying the game over and over againi found out that the apeature science lab you are in is in fact in black mesa just before you fight glados you see a large sign through the window saying "welcome to BLACK MESA" also i saw the portal video from david copperfield which was on the portal youtube account back in 07 i thought and by watching half of the video the volleyball picture was familiar i noticed the ball was oval shaped a little like a portal and a stick figure pointing at it as if the stick figure just made ap ortal. the portal symbol is in fact a stick figure falling into a portal, does that mean anything? lets find out.

wat? Portal is COMPLETELY cannon to the Half-Life universe.

VALVe hired the team who made Narbacular Drop (look it up), and made a game using their past portal skills. it was made BY VALVe, as a company, by the people in VALVe.

Also, BUMP. :|

guys my first post on this site someone find out more also will you all please stop linking portal to half life games? portal as designed by a college where students design games. they made it as a project valve liked it and bought it off of them. THEN they added half life 2 refferences and such. just so you all know ive been replaying the game over and over againi found out that the apeature science lab you are in is in fact in black mesa just before you fight glados you see a large sign through the window saying "welcome to BLACK MESA" also i saw the portal video from david copperfield which was on the portal youtube account back in 07 i thought and by watching half of the video the volleyball picture was familiar i noticed the ball was oval shaped a little like a portal and a stick figure pointing at it as if the stick figure just made ap ortal. the portal symbol is in fact a stick figure falling into a portal, does that mean anything? lets find out.

that sign is a part of a slide show about Black Mesa recieving more funding than Aperture science. nice catch though i only foun that one while LOOKING for easter eggs and it took a while

weighted-companion-cube-stabbed--1.png

Guys! anyone ever notice that the credit song at the end of the portal is writen in the same program,dos or whatever as the aperturescience.com. Maybie there are clues! Its also the same at the top as when u go trough the apply test on the site, it says "forms form" and some numbers. :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back