Are you going to purchase COD4: MW2 :: The re-count

Are you going to buy COD4:MW2?

• Total voters
Whats the UK release date anyway?

Amazon.co.uk and Play.com are all showing a November 10th release date...but thats a tuesday.

Tuesdays are US release dates.

Fridays are UK release dates.

A November 10th UK release date therefore cant be true surely?

I thought it was the 20th as I remember thinking that Ubisoft were mad to release Assassins Creed 2 on the same day as their 1st week sales would probably suffer big time.

Whats the UK release date anyway?

Amazon.co.uk and Play.com are all showing a November 10th release date...but thats a tuesday.

Tuesdays are US release dates.

Fridays are UK release dates.

A November 10th UK release date therefore cant be true surely?

I thought it was the 20th as I remember thinking that Ubisoft were mad to release Assassins Creed 2 on the same day as their 1st week sales would probably suffer big time.
Perhaps 'worldwide simultaneous release' will actually mean something for once. There is no prohibitive reason why games can't be released any day of the week in the UK if they want them to be.

edit:
I'm sure some of you have already seem this, but some footage was apparently leaked from a user who got it early, I think. Probably spoilers in this (no cutscenes, but possibly a segment from the beginning of the game).

http://www.viddler.com/explore/Destructoid/videos/1099

Looks pretty damn controversial to me, what do you think?
Word is, it can be skipped, which I think was probably the best way of handling things, but still meaningless to the inevitable Fox-news report on it all.

Nonetheless, stating that 'The scene is designed to evoke the atrocities of terrorism' is bullshit. Giving the player the opportunity to partake in a little airport killing spree is not 'evoking' anything, it's outright representing it, and just adds fuel to the fire of the most legitimate objection against the scene: not that it's sick and wrong, but it's a self-important piece of 'oh, aren't modern games deep and stuff' design, with the same old ridiculously polarised ethical non-dilemmas rearing their heads again.

I wonder if they perused allowing you play as a civilian for that level. That would have 'evoked' the scene just as well(if their goal with all this was to make you really hate the terrorists in MW2 rather than not-really-giving-a-shit in MW1).

After knowing about the "controversy"? HELL YEAH

Thats my good corporate tool. Who's a good boy? Whoooo's a gooood booooy?

Person%20petting%20dog%200001.jpg

Thats you! HOW CAN YOU NOT REMEMBER THAT SPECIAL DAY WE SPENT AT THE PARK?! I thought you loved me... ;(

I'm not sure of the context of the airport 'mission' but, well for one, I don't see how that can be any fun to shoot hundreds of unarmed people, completely unopposed.

Considering that it's been a week since the third-person mode stuff found its way out there, it's surprising it's taken a week for the leak to become available.

10 more days until I can lick my hardened edition. ;)

My AP World History teacher said he played the game yesterday, and that it was amazing. That was the exact word he used. He can't wait to play it again.

Well if you AP World History teacher likes it, it MUST be good!

Also, your teacher downloads games illegally. Make sure you blackmail him with this if you need your grades to be higher.

The PC version will have extra features (I am being sarcastic here btw):

02:54 Moriarte
Ignoring IW.net, is the PC version a direct port of the console version?

02:55 Mackey-IW
No, PC has custom stuff like mouse control, text chat in game, and graphics settings.

The player cap for PC will be 18, just like the console versions:

GeneralClean
With the new IW.net, how many players can it support at one time with each server set-up, 8 vs 8, 12 vs 12, 16 vs 16, and how much bandwidth are we talking about per player basis, Upload and Download?

Mackey-IW
The max number of players on all platforms are 1v1 through 9v9. This is the number of players we focused on when we were balancing map size, perks, classes, challenges, etc.

Quotes are taken from a community chat last night. More news from that:

• No "/record" feature
• IW knows about the petition
• Response to the petition is "All I can say is that we changed it to make it a better and easier experience. Also, not all of the names on that list are legit. " Yes, the wink was indeed used in the response.
• The change from 16v16 to 9v9 was made because 9v9 is more balanced and the gameplay was designed with a 9v9 balance in mind

It's funny that you mention that, because I was just thinking to myself, "Holy F*ck! Mouse control? What will they think of next? Monitor support? Allowing the use of monitors, so that you may see what is happening during the game, that would be something!"

well it went up on Steam's top sellers list again...after the price dropped 5 pounds.(and Activision isn't a company known for its discounts)

Well we've all got around 5 days to make your decisions.

Not like youve already fallen on your chosen side of the fence already or anything...

At first I was sceptical, but then I watched the review currently on youtube (personal review by some random guy who did it pretty damn well I must admit) which showed LOADS of new footage, and he convinced me.

It still looks generic with epic set-pieces, but ***k it, I like blowing things up after a day at work.

It's not going to be worth $60, I know that for damn sure.

Well, I'm paying £29.99 for it, and it should be charged tomorrow as according to game.com it's been packed today, so I'll be paying no more than what I usually pay for a game.

Well, I'm paying £29.99 for it, and it should be charged tomorrow as according to game.com it's been packed today, so I'll be paying no more than what I usually pay for a game.

The way I figure is, they took out features of a game, upped the price, and basically tried and make it exactly like it's console counterpart. Will I buy it for PC? Doubtful. I've never even played the game on PC to be honest with you. I played SP on my friend's computer when it was first released (COD4). Then I purchased it for the 360 and never turned back. I just have more fun with that game on the console, and now, seeing as there's not going to be any difference between the versions. I'll still get it for console.

The PC version will have extra features (I am being sarcastic here btw):

The player cap for PC will be 18, just like the console versions:

Quotes are taken from a community chat last night. More news from that:

on top of all that, they've removed leaning from the game
oh and 5 MINUTE rounds
what ever happened to good ol' 20 minute maps? oh ya, they died along side dedicated servers

9v9 is ridiculous
way too much open space in many of the maps

just way too many things that bug me about this game
and the worst is that they have forsaken the very platform that made the series what it is today

Don`t be mad that I like games you don`t lmao.

You said that you're definitely getting the game now, because of the controversy. The controversy which they specifically created to sell more copies. Ergo, you're a tool. It has nothing to do about our taste in games.

You said that you're definitely getting the game now, because of the controversy. The controversy which they specifically created to sell more copies. Ergo, you're a tool. It has nothing to do about our taste in games.

WHOA PUPPY! WHOA! I love you. I'm sorry I forgot about that special day with you in the park. Do you want me to pet you some more? Do you want a treat? Want to attack L3adcannon? Here you go. *takes off leash* Be free, Krynn. Attack at will!

Don`t be mad.

Just get the game like gazillion other people including me and have fun playing it. It will be awsm.

I'm getting it, because I want to see where the story takes me. It will keep me going till Black Mesa is released and we receive info on Ep3

oh and 5 MINUTE rounds
what ever happened to good ol' 20 minute maps? oh ya, they died along side dedicated servers

Why would you want 20 minutes per round on S&D? That's WAY too long...

If there are afk players or campers that could mean almost 60 minutes per map...

Why the hell? The multiplayer decisions are almost understandable, at a stretch, but this makes no sense at all.

lol leaning was never in either of the CoD games on the consoles either.

to all those poeple who voted Yes (I am talking about PC version)

features.jpg

Apparently I'm in the minority here, but I plan to buy MW2 for the single-player. I generally despise multi-player, and from an unofficial review I saw the SP looks incredibly cinematic and great fun. Sure, the storyline seems to be insanely over the top, especially in comparison to MW1, but, hey, it's the sequel. You gotta take it up a notch. Looks like large chunks are going to be like something out of Red Dawn. I do not understand how this fact can be seen as anything other than awesome.

Back