Are you going to purchase COD4: MW2 :: The re-count

Are you going to buy COD4:MW2?

• Total voters
exactly.
so instead of being able to choose and play on a server that you know you will get good, reliable ping on, you're forced to connect to a random host that will undoubtedly increase your latency due to their shitty connection and/or location

But in this day and age, wouldn't the best spec'd PC be nominated, rather than a random PC with a 486DX, but I'm guessing if there is a massive outcry, couldn't they like, patch the code in for DedServ?

undoubtedly increase your latency due to their shitty connection and/or location
Just move to the Netherlands, they know their Networking

1257467047961.jpg

Cthulu owns Activison LOL

Suggesting you're going to pirate the game as an alternative doesn't make you look cool, nor does it signify that you're somehow properly protesting IW/Activision's decisions. It is a good way to get an infractions/banned, though.

I have no idea what you are talking about.
I simply mean I will probably play it with a friend.

Yeah.

Everyone's complaining, but you KNOW youre going to get it and live with the so-called 'problems/issues' with this whole dedicated server...bull***t.

Personally I couldnt give a crap about this whole debate about servers.

Obviously those of us who need to boost our egos by proving their dominance online have an issue...

This is a choice by IW, so only they can decide the future course of action, not our bitching and moaning. Theres a reason they did it.

Accept it, go out and buy the game like you know youre going to, and stop crying.

Everyone's complaining, but you KNOW youre going to get it and live with the so-called 'problems/issues' with this whole dedicated server...bull***t.

Personally I couldnt give a crap about this whole debate about servers.

Obviously those of us who need to boost our egos by proving their dominance online have an issue...

This is a choice by IW, so only they can decide the future course of action, not our bitching and moaning. Theres a reason they did it.

Accept it, go out and buy the game like you know youre going to, and stop crying.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmtroll.

Dynasty, I could have a field day with that post.
?ynast? said:
This is a choice by IW, so only they can decide the future course of action, not our bitching and moaning.
We should not criticize them, but just be grateful for giving us less of a game for 20% more money? Bend over and smile!

We should not criticize them, but just be grateful for giving us less of a game for 20% more money? Bend over and smile!
Wut? I'm paying 60 bucks for the game, just like any other games out there.

...oh wait, you mean the pc version... ah, glad I don't give a shit about it. :imu:

Well you win there! It's true, you pay 20% more for every game.

It's funny that it's only in this generation of consoles. I guess you guys didn't speak with your wallets by refusing to pay it. I am sorry for your lots.

Don't give me the 'the games cost more to make now' crap either, because when Nintendo Entertainment System was the hottest ****ing thing in the world in about 1987, games were upwards of $80 and $100. They'll ask as much as you'll pay.

Asstards here need to decouple the argument about developers' rights from the one that's actually taking place.

Yes, Infinity Ward and Activision are entitled to do what they wish with their game. That does not make their decisions regarding the PC version any less stupid or susceptible to criticism. Regardless of the percentage of gamers that care about issues like dedicated servers and mod support, a loss is a loss. Can you tell me one solid advantage going for IWnet that's worth sacrificing many of the elements that have been standard for the ****ing PC platform since your dad was playing Doom on a LAN?

No console commands? Are you shitting me?

It certainly doesn't help when every official response to the matter sounds like a bullshit whitewash. There is no conceivable reason why you can't have support for matchmaking, dedicated servers, and user-made content in a game. Yet they've made the argument that such options would split the community. I fail to see how this matters since players used to or wanting to use the P2P matchmaking service aren't involved in any kind of community any way. They say they've capped the player counts at 9v9 because that's what the maps are balanced for. But why can't we be allowed to **** up our own games if we wish to? And did you read their recent developer chat? So many of their responses are either "DON'T WORRY, IT'LL BE SUPER GREAT" or painful, struggling attempts to assure people that the PC version won't just be a straight console port..

Oh, we get text chat? Thanks, Infinity Ward. I sure am reassured knowing that was at the top of the list of Shit That's Different About The PC Port Of Modern Warfare 2 at your guys' offices.

It's funny that it's only in this generation of consoles. I guess you guys didn't speak with your wallets by refusing to pay it. I am sorry for your lots.

Don't give me the 'the games cost more to make now' crap either, because when Nintendo Entertainment System was the hottest ****ing thing in the world in about 1990, games were upwards of $80 and $100. They'll ask as much as you'll pay.
You might as well protest the entire gaming industry. O' smart one.

Ryan-IW: Sentry guns are basically miniguns on a tripod that react to enemy movement. They are a killstreak or you can get them in a care package. We're big on balancing weapons in MW2, especially in MP. Although a tactically placed sentry can be devastating, it can be destroyed by the other team if attacked correctly. It is very balanced and a welcome addition to the MP experience.

TF2 much?

TF2 didn't invent the sentry gun. Off the top of my head, I recall miniguns in Timesplitters 2.

Wut!?

I got the original game for £39.99, and I am getting the sequel for £29.99 (Plus free next day delivery)

You just need to investigate a bit deeper beyond the RRP

PC whiners really need to stop. I mean, IW have been so generous enough as to include mouse control, graphics settings, and text chat in the game for free.

Hehe... it's like those DVDs that list 'interactive menus' under Special Features.

Whoosh!

Here's a better question. Why should anyone and IW care about people bitching about gimped down pc version?

And here's an even better question:

If all this seething and raging is of no consequence and none of it matters to you, then what the **** do you care?

And here's an even better question:

If all this seething and raging is of no consequence and none of it matters to you, then what the **** do you care?
I care? About what? I don't ****ing care.

I just find this entire issue with ragers ramming their fists on their keyboard just because IW decided to bastardize the pc version is too entertaining.

I really couldn't care about what they decide to do with MW2. I'm not planning on buying it, after all.

What I do care about is seeing other companies following suit. This is, after all, a game that's supposed to be more popular than the Bible when it's released. I'd rather not have this gimped experience of online play become an example of success to others.

It's ridiculous to see people come out of the woodwork to defend even the most underhanded business decisions in the gaming industry. The reason we even have shit like this because so many people are so willing to buy whatever they sell at whatever price they ask and not give it a second thought. And everyone who isn't a total consumer whore is just a "whiner" who will "just buy it anyway". It's really sad because it isn't just trolls on forums, but the gaming press, too. So quick to belittle anyone who stands up for something.

I finally feel less guilty about being a console gamer. :D

What I do care about is seeing other companies following suit. This is, after all, a game that's supposed to be more popular than the Bible when it's released. I'd rather not have this gimped experience of online play become an example of success to others.

Don't forget that price 'upgrade' and that Jesus, Himself, is the spokesperson for the game.

Here's a better question. Why should anyone and IW care about people bitching about gimped down pc version?
If you look at the polls, they've lost 46 sales already. That's somewhere in the $2,760 range, just out of the small number of people on these forums.

What about the 186486 Total Signatures for the petition? That's $11,189,160 USD. (I and others didn't sign the petition BTW)

Is this a serious question? Why should they care? Business 101: they want to sell as many as possible!

I care? About what? I don't ****ing care.

I just find this entire issue with ragers ramming their fists on their keyboard just because IW decided to bastardize the pc version is too entertaining.
What makes you think we care more than you? Aren't you and Dynasty are the one throwing around insults, defending Infinity Ward and insulting fellow forum members over it?

Personally, I'm having a little fun joking around: "Mouse support, what will they think of next?" Hardly raging.

If you look at the polls, they've lost 45 sales already. That's somewhere in the $2,700 range, just out of the small number of people on these forums.

What about the 186486 Total Signatures for the petition? That's $11,189,160 USD. (I and others didn't sign the petition BTW)
The thing is, we all know how well that L4D2 boycott went. "We hate this game. It's terrible." 3 months later. "We bought the game. We were REALLY going to buy it, and it's not that we were boycotting the purchase." etc..

Anyway, I'm sure 160k of those sigs will purchase the game regardless. I wish people could actually stick to their word when it comes to this, but well, we all know that doesn't happen.

Actually I wasn't paying attention to L4D2, but I'm sure you're right. Anyway, I bet a lot of them canceled their pre-order, and a lot of them aren't going to pay the launch price for it, but wait for the price to drop.

If everyone pays $60 for it at launch, they'll do it again, and other companies will follow suit - they'll have to, in order to compete. It really doesn't take a genius.

I usually wait to buy games until they are down to $40, or even less.

What makes you think we care more than you? Aren't you and Dynasty are the one throwing around insults, defending Infinity Ward and insulting fellow forum members over it?
Care about what????!!?!!? I said I don't ****ing care about the ragers raging over pc version. You are implying that my posts should be cared by ragers? No!

And no, I never defended IW in this entire thread. Stop putting words into my posts. IW is a prick, yes. But I'm still buying the game for console.

When the **** did I even insult a fellow board member?

The thing is, we all know how well that L4D2 boycott went. "We hate this game. It's terrible." 3 months later. "We bought the game. We were REALLY going to buy it, and it's not that we were boycotting the purchase." etc..

Anyway, I'm sure 160k of those sigs will purchase the game regardless. I wish people could actually stick to their word when it comes to this, but well, we all know that doesn't happen.

Interestingly, just look at the different ways the two companies have handled the situation. IW has said the outcry is a "vocal minority", accused people who have protested their decision of being people with a monetary interest in the dedicated server business, and all around insulted their former fans. Valve personally flew the leaders of the L4D2 boycott to their offices to play the game for themselves. Valve was really smart about talking to their fans; Infinity Ward have just been tremendous douchebags.

Back