Are you going to purchase COD4: MW2 :: The re-count

Are you going to buy COD4:MW2?

• Total voters
Apparently I'm in the minority here, but I plan to buy MW2 for the single-player. I generally despise multi-player, and from an unofficial review I saw the SP looks incredibly cinematic and great fun. Sure, the storyline seems to be insanely over the top, especially in comparison to MW1, but, hey, it's the sequel. You gotta take it up a notch. Looks like large chunks are going to be like something out of Red Dawn. I do not understand how this fact can be seen as anything other than awesome.

Exactly why I'll be renting the game for my 360 instead of dropping 60 bucks for a 10-hour-at-most campaign

Im really only getting MW2 for the singleplayer, more so the spec-ops which apparently is slightly longer when you play through the hardest difficulties.

MP doesnt really appeal, especially since im buying the console version. Playing competitively online with a controller just isnt the same as a mouse and wasd.

Though I look a videos of people playing Halo on the 360 and their speed with their aiming using a controller just takes the piss.

ANd where the hell are these bloody reviews?

I saw that IGN 'leaked' a 9.5 on their launch countdown section of their site for MW2 and then took it down pretty quickly.

To be honest, I will be very annoyed if MW2 gets GOTY. I dont think it deserves it. That title should easily go to Uncharted 2. If they base the GOTY on sales then MW2 will undoubtedly win though...which would be quite an idiotic way of rating a game.

So I'm only assuming Makarov destroys the International Space Station ;(

I wonder if that is the beginning sequence; you spending 30 minutes getting into a suit to do a space walk, only to get pulverised?

But the question is will the Russians be the Good Guys, or will the Goverment be controlled by the Ultra Nationalists? I'm scared...

So I'm only assuming Makarov destroys the International Space Station ;(

I wonder if that is the beginning sequence; you spending 30 minutes getting into a suit to do a space walk, only to get pulverised?

still looks fun though

to all those poeple who voted Yes (I am talking about PC version)

features.jpg

I thought the Host acts as the server? Where did you get that information?

Has the PC release really been delayed till the 24th, because GAME still has it for a 10th release?

I wanted to cancel my preorder but I'm a massive faggot so I didn't.

So, in the end, even people who said they aren't going to buy the game ends up pre-ordering the game.

This shit is just like L4D2.

Between MW2 and L4D2, I'll be buying MW2. The enemy might be mindless zombies, but at least they know to keep their head down in a firefight.

Just pre-ordered MW2 on amazon

RELEASE DAY SHIPPING, BITCHES

So, in the end, even people who said they aren't going to buy the game ends up pre-ordering the game.

This shit is just like L4D2.

Yeah I regret the L4D2 thing actually :(

but I am looking forward to this abit more now :D

Whoa whoa whoa hold up here.

You people who are still buying it are acknowledging publicly that you'd pay $60 for a mediocre singleplayer experience that you will probably play once then forget about?

I DUN GET IT

Then again, that PC-Exclusive mouse support is a real push to buy.

I thought the Host acts as the server? Where did you get that information?

exactly.
so instead of being able to choose and play on a server that you know you will get good, reliable ping on, you're forced to connect to a random host that will undoubtedly increase your latency due to their shitty connection and/or location

Man, just keeps getting worse and worse. It will be a sad, sad day if this becomes routine in the development of PC games.

Ah, hell, if it scores well I'm going to buy it anyways. I like bad multiplayer shooters.

That interview proved to me that they are choking on their own feet.

They're giving us the console version of the game. It's going to be more than playable, IW has proven itself to have competent QA. This is the way the industry has been headed for a while. Blizzard, in it's converging into battle.net, microtransactions and "online communities" has been making more money than any other developer in PC gaming. Why? Because they offer a top quality unmodifiable, original and compelling product--and sell the shit out of it, and keep the barrier between consumer and product tight.

If they make some sort of change, monetize something, or tweak the UI options, it's usually a decision that makes them more money, no matter how loud the cries of a vocal enthusiast minority. This is the same model applied to, for instance, Netflix or Apple when they began to dominate their markets. Sure, there was furor amongst the respective competing communities. Net nerds moaned for days about Apple's proprietary formats, movie buffs and brick and mortar video stores are a dying business, etc--but the voice of the consumer was preempted correctly by people in suits, and that's going to happen again here.

Yes, clans will suffer. Yeah, it sucks that we aren't getting the game we anticipated--but this is not some neutron bomb of putrid corporate greed being unwittingly dropped upon an unassuming community. They're following a tried and true model that will earn then more money in the long term.

No, the game probably will not have the same following. In all likelihood a community of more casual, Xbox Live style gamers will form. Deal with it, you can still choose to play with friends--and yeah, there's a chance you may even be able to communicate and hop in a game faster this way, too.

Infinty Ward is owned by Activision Blizzard, a company that knows a thing or two about online community building and, yes, being absurdly profitable in having made the same sorts of financial decisions that seem to be sending every netnerd into a fit blind rage.

The dust will settle, many of the vocal minority on these sorts of boards will stop talking about it and quietly return to their Valve games and the original CoD4, and some may even gradually get used to the fact that PC Gaming not only was inevitably headed in this direction, but needed to in order to stay financially afloat altogether.

Believe it or not, Joe Blow doesn't really care about dedicated servers, tweaking, modding or competitive play--and they're the ones lining Kotick and co's pockets. If decisions like this can bring Joe Blow to the PC version of CoD because his mom doesn't want to buy him an Xbox, or he "had one anyways and didn't want to buy a gaming console"--this is a better way to make money from him. They're targeting a new market and being economically intelligent. These are many of the people who already made them rich through Blizzard games. If they can snag even a small percentage of that demographic, they've already beaten out the netnerd rager crowd.

You'll buy Starcraft II, right?

and some may even gradually get used to the fact that PC Gaming not only was inevitably headed in this direction, but needed to in order to stay financially afloat altogether.
Along with the idiotic Left 4 Dead 2 boycott, the somewhat overblown Modern Warfare 2 backlash has given people an excuse to view PC gaming as some kind of retarded elder child of the industry, throwing a paddy because its harder-working siblings are being rewarded with a bigger inheritance... but I'm not sure I buy into this 'financial necessity' entirely. It smacks of the typical mistrust that big business have for smaller elements, not because they're financially less viable or important, but simply because they're less predictable and harder to pre-package for investors and board-meetings and all the other bugbears people see in faceless organisations.

It's feeble to expect anyone to care about the 'plight' of the PC, especially Activision or even Infinity Ward (surely every employee has at least a small pile of gold to Scrooge McDuck into?) but this is convenience, not necessity.

Between MW2 and L4D2, I'll be buying MW2. The enemy might be mindless zombies, but at least they know to keep their head down in a firefight.

Between MW2 and L4D2, I'll be buying L4D2. The enemy might be mindless zombies, but at least they know to keep their head down in a firefight.
*fixed

I'm sure the zombies are probably much smarter. Besides, MW2 is gonna suck anyways so what's the big deal?

Having read everything about what is coming in the COD4:MW2 package, especially in that demoralizing interview, why would any PC gamer buy this?

Looks like the leaked 9.5 score on IGN was a fake...and theyll be releasing their review on Nov 10th at 12:01am PST...

How retarded can you get? Why the ***k would you release a review the MORNING the game is due out?

Reviews are meant to be released BEFORE the day the game is out so you can decide whether you want to pre-order it or buy it in the first place.

So for all those people that suddenly change their minds about their pre-order which is almost at their doorstop, have to faff around sending it back and getting a refund?

Morons. Complete, morons.

Sickology: This has probably been asked before. But what's up with the pot leafs in the Callsigns?

Ryan-IW: Callsigns allow you to customize your MP experience with images and titles that best suit your personality.

OK **** IT I'LL BUY IT

Suggesting you're going to pirate the game as an alternative doesn't make you look cool, nor does it signify that you're somehow properly protesting IW/Activision's decisions. It is a good way to get an infractions/banned, though.

Back