Are you going to purchase COD4: MW2 :: The re-count

Are you going to buy COD4:MW2?

• Total voters

Krynn72

The Freeman
Reaction score
So... in case you havent heard, the PC version of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 2 is being released without dedicated server support or the ability to mod it, and instead will have matchmaking and be using Steamcloud for some other features most people probably wont care about. People in the last thread were interested in seeing how many people have changed their mind about whether they'll buy it or not, so I figured i'd make a re-count thread. Vote and post away.

As for me, I voted no in the original thread because I hate how stupid the name is, and because i wasnt really interested in another standard (though highly polished) FPS. Then I changed my mind and decided I'd get it because i am a graphics whore.

Now I am changing back to a No vote. Not that I would have played multiplayer much anyways, since im not a multiplayer guy in general, but I dont want to support this kind of bullcrap that developers seem to love pushing on PC gamers.

I'm getting this on the xbox because i have more friends i know who play it this type of game on consoles only. also my pc may not be able to run this smoothly

Not anymore, this was on my to buy list and I was definitely going to be getting it. Unless they (IW) change their mind about all of this, I'll save my money for L4D2 or Bad Company 2.

I was definitely planning on buying it. Not anymore, they had the nerve to ask $60 for the PC version, despite the fact that it could sell millions of copies (i.e. not a niche game), and despite the fact that they cut out some important features:

The lack of servers and mods was just extra nails in the coffin.
Krynn72 said:
I dont want to support this kind of bullcrap that developers seem to love pushing on PC gamers.
This mostly.

I won't be purchasing it myself, but my brother is going to get a copy for the 360. So I'll end up playing anyway. But I definitely won't be buying it for PC.

Wasn't too interested any way, but the dedicated server issue and the restriction of modding still bothered me. The game's success on the PC would set a horrid example for others to follow.

Now I am changing back to a No vote. Not that I would have played multiplayer much anyways, since im not a multiplayer guy in general, but I dont want to support this kind of bullcrap that developers seem to love pushing on PC gamers.
This and the ludicrous Australian pricing is why I am following almost exactly in your footsteps. Haven't even played CoD4 Multiplayer, but I just can't stand these constant affronts to PC gaming.

It's gonna be a torrent for me, the COD games are too boring to be worth the full price, especially if it's $60

The fact that theyve pushed so much advertising for it is a complete turn-off for me. Its like theyre just desperate now.

Its not even that fundementally different from the original, just better graphics and better set-pieces.

I'll be buying Assassin's Creed 2 over this any day.

Yes MW2 will probably break all sales records on the day of its release, putting any other game released that week to shame, but ***k it, its just another corridor FPS with a reputation that preceeds it.

It will be good, no doubt about that, but I would bet it wont be groundbreaking.

For these reasons, ill be walking straight past MW2 and getting Assassin's Creed 2. At least Ubisoft has actually reinvented the wheel with their new game, not taken the old one and added new weapons, story and locations.

Oh and £60 for a PS3 game? You can get stuffed.

Everyone has such cheap ****ing video games.

COD4 will probably be $100 across all platforms, here.

You Australians love to articulate how hard you get plowed, it is damn amusing

Fair crack of the ol' whip there, mate.

john-michelmore-100.jpg

If i was going to get it on pc originally then i would say no but I was always planning on a ps3 copy so yes I'm still going to get it.

Everyone has such cheap ****ing video games.

COD4 will probably be $100 across all platforms, here.
Why do you guys bend over like that - why are they so expensive?

No.

I'll "re-count" what I said last time. MW2's setting is too close to reality for my tastes and therefore does not interest me nor does it's MP features.

I prefer FPSs that focuses more on SP campaigns in a sci-fi setting which seems to me is rare, so there are few FPSs that I like anymore.

If a wanted to play MP, then I'd pick a FPS that is solely MP such as TF2.

With this approach when choosing games, I'll know that elements that make a good SP experience are not sacrificed for MP features or vice versa.

Australia always seems to get much later release dates and higher prices. You guys have an import problem we dont know about?

Man, I don't know.

Even Wrath of the ****ing Lich King was $100.

EDIT:

Or was it 80? cbf remembering.

Fair crack of the ol' whip there, mate.

john-michelmore-100.jpg

The market is what it is, Rapture style. The reason you pay it is cause it has been historically proven according to game developers that even though Aus is a smaller market, it will take it on the chin, netting a decent profit. They wouldnt want to try it in the US for risk of missing out on the some of the big pay. But face it, a US build would have no trouble there unless region locked. Learn to love using the ps3

The market is what it is, Rapture style. The reason you pay it is cause it has been historically proven according to game developers that even though Aus is a smaller market, it will take it on the chin, netting a decent profit. They wouldnt want to try it in the US for risk of missing out on the some of the big pay. But face it, a US build would have no trouble there unless region locked. Learn to love using the ps3

I didn't ask why it was more expensive, that kind of thing seemed pretty obvious.

I don't even know what this has to do with the PS3.

You're more like the interuptive smart than the good kind of smart.

Picture a young couple laying in the grass, looking at the sky and muttering their little universal philosophies (Or rather, the guy subtly hinting he's tired of laying in grass and wants to **** her already while she goes off on some stupid artsy-fartsy poser rants that he probably figured out during high school), giggling and cuddling or whatever.

You're the kind of smart that trots up to this couple, spills out universal apparent truths, then finish it with something as confusing as "Learn to love using Shake and Bake."

Man, I don't know.

Even Wrath of the ****ing Lich King was $100.

EDIT:

Or was it 80? cbf remembering.

seems like something requesting an answer.

And the ps3 is pretty relevant to the point, since i was suggesting you could get it shipped from the US avoiding shitty release dates and maybe shitty prices

but Im a different kind of smart than, say, someone jumping up someones ass he shouldnt really be jumping up, which is worth a lot

GreatEmperor, I sense a great pre-tension in you.

You're the kind of guy who'd bring a Lute to a death metal jam and expect it to work out.

Michael.jpg

Then again, that always isn't a bad thing.

Inevitably I will buy it at some point, but not until it either hits the cheap seats at retail or there is a Steam weekend deal, because by the sounds of it I'm probably going to only be in it for the single player/co-op campaign stuff, and I think the price point they are pushing it at is way too high at present. Plus this whole dedicated server thing is an bit of an ass.

There's L4D2, and potentially either Borderlands and/or Dragon Age vying for attention on the spends front which will no doubt keep me occupied (as well as an unnamed Beta I'm in :E ) which will be more than enough to keep me busy for the next few months.

I will admit that due to activision's shenanigans I will maybe not get the hardened edition (I already knew it was a rip off but I had the money set aside anyway) and just get the normal one and COD classic later.

No, and I was going to buy it before.

**** you Iw

I was going to buy it for multiplayer...but now il just get it "for free" for singelplayer.

wasnt interesed for obvious reasons like l4d2 and bad pc and money but after see the whole servers and no modding stuff I just say **** it

this is how probably lots of people feel

689618845_tgR5U-L.jpg

cuz honestly thats cut some of the biggest reason pc gaming is what it is

My sarcasm meter got some strong readings from that comic. I laughed nonetheless.

I won't be buying the game.

GreatEmperor, I sense a great pre-tension in you.

You're the kind of guy who'd bring a Lute to a death metal jam and expect it to work out.

Michael.jpg

Then again, that always isn't a bad thing.

Hell yeah Akerfeldt and Opeth. I've got my picture with him somewhere :).

I'll be getting it for the 360 probably.

Back