Are you suffering from Avatar depression? if so please kill yourself

pocahontas was a whore and she most certainly did NOT live near floating mountains.

That main Navi daughter (cant remember her name) gave up her would-be husband to be with an outsider.

Also, the mountains have nothing to do with the bare plot skeleton I was referring to.

Is my sarcasm meter broken?

The Na'vi have a language, a defined culture and other aspects of society that should be represented here on Earth.

I disagree.

Me too. I thought it was pretty inovative on the visual side. The story however was more of the same. IMO

Also, I think it would be amusing to see just how long these people would last trying to emulate the Navi way of life. Living in the wilderness, not using any synthesized products whatsoever, and hunting and gathering their own food. I give them two days.

I know that's a reference to my thread and all i can say you're the biggest idiot i ever seen. You just proven that you did not understand anything i've said, so go **** yourself if you're gonna act like an asshole.
Seriously...you're pathetic.

Ha, that made me laugh, because I honestly didn't even think of your thread.

Ha, that made me laugh, because I honestly didn't even think of your thread.

Well then, if it was genuine. I'll reply to it seriously.

Sticking an octopus up a vagina is as irrelevant as sticking silicone under breasts. Ok if it's not torturing the poor animal in the process, but why would anyone feel uncomfortable in a warm, soft vagina. (ok this part is not serious)

Holy shit I thought there was 2 of you.

Also, the plot seemed very similar to the story of Pocahontas.

1263251892487.png

anyone know if the movie was shot in IMAX or is just a regular theater print they show at imax theaters? if so the non imax print on a imax sized screen wont be as nice as the image as the one shown at the local theater. Imax screenings that wasnt filmed on imax just means they stretch the image to fit the screen which downgrades the image quality
I think they do have to mess with the image for Imax theaters. It was shot digitally and not on film. I think Cameron had his own 3d cameras (not imax). RealD 3D
vs imax

<image snip>

On that final point, resolving thier differences, no, they don't. The film seems to advocate genocide/deportation as the only means to dealing with people who don't share one's ideals.

Which is nice.

omg what the hell is with people? that movie was a collection of cliche moments from the 80's and 90's. Yea the world looked cool and the visuals were stunning but **** off it it wasn't a good movie at all.

morans.

Avatar haters can give themselves a good rolling **** off a cliff's edge.

The movie was great. Your disappointment is but a pale shadow compared to my own in you. :|

Wait, some people want to kill themselves over a movie ? That too Avatar ? I'm not ripping on the movie, but just wow.

Wait, some people want to kill themselves over a movie ? That too Avatar ? I'm not ripping on the movie, but just wow.

People wanted to kill themselves after watching Twilight too; but for different reasons, of course.

I saw the movie. All fluff, no substance. The story has been done so many times before. I was quite disappointed with the story, but the 3D effects were the best in any movie to date. I think this movie was meant to be more of a "tech demo". It wasn't a bad movie, just not that great.

gotta be a good sign for cameron knowing people want to kill themselves in hopes of being in the movie...at least he knows dvd sales will be ridiculous.

And he already has the second highest grossing movie of all-time - unadjusted for inflation and other cultural / demographical factors - second to his own Titanic of course.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_films#Worldwide_highest-grossing_films

adjusted for inflation Avatar is the 57th highest grossing movie of all time. that stat is so misleading and has been used for years to pad ticket sales

the number one spot has long been held by Gone with the Wind. adjusted to today's prices the boxoffice reciepts would be over 1 billion dollars!!! almost 5 times more than Avatar's box office reciepts

http://boxofficemojo.com/alltime/adjusted.htm

These are probably the same people that think video games kill people.

Willie, I'm not gonna dress up for you so stop asking.

adjusted for inflation Avatar is the 57th highest grossing movie of all time. that stat is so misleading and has been used for years to pad ticket sales

the number one spot has long been held by Gone with the Wind. adjusted to today's prices the boxoffice reciepts would be over 1 billion dollars!!! almost 5 times more than Avatar's box office reciepts

http://boxofficemojo.com/alltime/adjusted.htm

Adjusted on that site is for US only, I'd rather see international adjusted.

beats me. google fails me:

"All Time Worldwide Box Office Grossers of Indian Cinema"

"Box-Office Top 100 American Films of All-Time"

"Inflation-adjusted top 20 films at the UK box office"

People wanted to kill themselves after watching Twilight too; but for different reasons, of course.

Well if they want to kill themselves maybe they can suicide bomb Al Qaeda ? You know actually do a good thing before they die ?

Cross posting from the facebook page:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...suicidal-able-visit-utopian-alien-planet.html

"But on the www.halflife2.net forum others begged to differ XCELLERATE wrote: 'People just want whatever they don't have. If we had three m...oons people might see a movie with just one moon and go, 'wow I like that a lot more, it so much simpler'.

TARKUS added: 'These people think they're 'cool' by thinking 'differently' from others.'They choose an intangible objective (such as living in the avatar's world) so that they can live with the comfort of knowing that they will never get it, because it's actually scary to live without things like internet, and packed meat, and toilets.

'They're all losers and posers if you ask me'

Daily Mail sucks.

You can quote me on that, Daily Mail.

Back