Assassin's Creed 2 Thread

oh and subject 16's ****ing puzzle was super hard at times. But i did it!!!!

Without spoiling anything, do the videos from these puzzles connect so they're less choppy? Right now if I try to play all, it plays one, stops, goes on to the next, stops, and so on.

Game gets loads better once you get to the villa, I can look past the awful free-running controls and thoroughly enjoy the game now.

So, for those that have beaten the game, how long did it take you to beat it?

So, for those that have beaten the game, how long did it take you to beat it?

I just did, roughly 20 hours, doing only a small amount of sidequests.

However, those 20 hours also include me scouring the world for all the hidden symbols/recordings.

Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed Assassinäs Creed 2, a substantial improvement on AC1, which was a decent game in it's own right IMO.

One thing that pissed me off was the fact that Ubi apparently have begun mass-localization efforts, all the text ingame was Swedish, and I was unable to change it to English.

Why would I want to change it to English you ask? Because the Swedish translation sucked, they translated all 'nasty' words into 'family-friendly' ones, such as "I ****ed her" being subtitled "I had sex with her"(In Swedish)

If they pull this shit with SCC, I'mm gonna have to get myself a copy from the UK or something.

Im about 5 hours in now, just got my hidden blade and made my first kill on you-know-who.

Mainly because Ive been exploring, buying treasure maps, messing with the guards, cringing with glee at the kill animations etc.

Its SOOOOOOOOOOO much better than the first game in every way. Theyve really put care and diversity into this game.

And the Black Edition is super sexy.

Cant wait to get into those special areas with the treasures at the end and get the villa.

I'm just about to finish sequence 6. I'm not sure what my total play time has been but I have been doing a lot of the extra stuff like collectibles, side quest and renovating the villa and such.

And the Black Edition is super sexy.

*High fives* :D

Those "thingys" are called glyphs and that youtube video is a major spoiler. Just sayin'.

The glyph code unlock sequences are pretty cool, prolly enjoying that more than anything right now.

Please spoiler that!! I have 2 glyphs to get now and i really don't want to watch the full thing D:

Yeah, the ending in AC2 was far more satisfying than that of AC1 IMO.

Other devs should take lessons from AC2 when it comes to GOOD endings as well.

One of the things that I love most about this series is that after you assassinate a target, there's a small cut scene where they convey their last words to you. Some of the targets invoke a small emotional response in me; others, not so much.

K i'm coming up to the last mission now and need to know something: Is it best to do the glyph puzzles before or after the main storyline?

I've found all 20 but have decoded 17 of them, the last 3 are driving me nuts! Should I do these now or leave till after the story? Will I appreciate the truth video more or not depending on when I do these glyphs?

K i'm coming up to the last mission now and need to know something: Is it best to do the glyph puzzles before or after the main storyline?

I've found all 20 but have decoded 17 of them, the last 3 are driving me nuts! Should I do these now or leave till after the story? Will I appreciate the truth video more or not depending on when I do these glyphs?

You'll appreciate it more after, IMO.

I sort of wish I had waited until after. You do get to continue after you beat the game, though.

So, what's next? What will AC3 bring?

Perhaps a new thread is more appropriate.

So, what's next? What will AC3 bring?

Perhaps a new thread is more appropriate.

I say AC3 will do a bit greater mix of historical timetravel but also more emphasis on 'current day' exploration/combat etc.

Just what I reckon.

I wonder if they will go all the way back to the time from when the Glyph memory was from.

Also how will they incorporate guns into the 'current day' sections. Even the best assassin in the world would have issues taking out a swat team with a wrist blade. Will the blade and bracer be updated and with a more futuristic design. Could they incorporate a silent ranged weapon of some sort? How would they keep the 'assassin look'?

Basically all I have are questions.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, they better not put guns into AC3 (the wrist-gun was alright though).

If they push forward to present day, I wont even buy the game.

To me, AC must stay back in the past. Its just so much more interesting.

Wouldnt be surprised if they carry on the story of AC2 though, with the same characters. Sometimes change is a bad thing. AC2 proved it can be a great thing.

I think its pretty obvious that the next game will have substantially more time in the 'present'. This means that there will be guns (or should, why the badguys would ignore a perfectly good weapon just to allow the centuries old fighting styles of their enemies to be effective is beyond me.)

Also, where are the pieces of Eden now?
Will get to go back to the time period from the Glyph memory? That would be pretty cool.

Perhaps instead of a gun Desmond will get some sort of electromagnetic launcher that shoots blades... it would be like a gun but quiet.

Also, what armor and or 'outfit' do the 'present' assassins wear. How will the game designers keep the hood, cape, and tails format that they perfected in AC2.
Side note: did anyone else think that the Armor of Altier could have been done better. It looked heavy to me and the armor didn't seem to cover much or look cool.

I thought that Altair's armor would be just the same as it was in the first. It wasn't.

As well, we've already seen what present-day assassin's wear. Regular clothing.

The hood, cape, and tails format worked in ye olde days because that was near-normal attire back then. It won't work nowadays. At most, he'll have a fancy sweatshirt.

You're probably right, though I guess if they wanted to they could put Desmond in a trench coat (reasons: hide armor/weapons). Though I'm pretty sure Desmond will put his hood up sooner or latter.

If they're going to make the third game have a greater focus on the present, I think they should keep it out of a modern day city. The present setting should take place in ruins, or whatever temple Minerva mentioned, that Desmond explores and are more puzzle-oriented. If this is the case, then the baddies that he meets wouldn't necessarily need to have guns. Or perhaps if they did, Desmond would have to stealthily take them out, ala Batman: AA. If it's true that he no longer needs the animus, he could still experience a past ancestor's memory, which should definitely still be the core adventure of the game.

Of course, this is just how I would make the sequel. It's entirely up to the very talented developers over at Ubisoft Montreal to decide what to do.

this is gunna sound annoying but I swear to god I made a character years ago called Desmond Miles in a game. I'm like frantically looking through games to try to find out when I made it up.

Was he an average bartender from the present thrust into a conspiracy of templars and assassins and put into a machine to experience the lives of his ancestors?

Back