ATI CCC not Loading

Drackard

Tank
Reaction score
Hey Guys, i recently downloaded the latest ATI Catalyst 5.7 drivers as i was using the crappy Omega ones, I downloaded them and installed and they overwrit the Omega drivers which is good, however, my Catalyst Control Centre won't load, i have tried restarting and double checked to make sure the Omega drivers had gone but it still won't load. I double click the shortcut and nothing, any ideas ??

Uninstall CCC and reinstall it.
Also, since you overwrote the Omegas instead of taking them out and installing the offical Catalysts, you might have to totaly take out your drivers and reinstall them.

go to the control center entry (start --> program files) and click restart runtime then try running it.

Do you actually have the .Net Framework installed cos its required for the CCC.

I had the exact same problem, and restarting runtime fixed it, cheers Devin. Wonder if it worked okay for the OP...?

Joims said:
CCC is a piece of shizle dont use it you dont need it!!!!!
Yah, I gotta agree. It's way too bulky with little functionality over the default ATi CP.

WhiteZero said:
Yah, I gotta agree. It's way too bulky with little functionality over the default ATi CP.

I also find myself agreeing. I don't know what gave ATI the idea that people would care about what skin was used on their graphics card config window.

Hmm, the restart runtime didn't do it, am i better off downloading the Catalyst 5.7's with the ATI CP instead then, and if i did, do i then have to reinstall the old catalyst 5.7 with CCC and then install the other one with the CP ?

If you wish to just use the control panel instead of the CCC, then you will just need to uninstall the CCC and then install the CP. You shouldnt need to uninstall the driver too as I think it lists the componants seperately in Add/Remove programs. If you want to use the CCC, then you will need to download and install the .Net Framework Redistribution package, you can find it here link.

Ah Ok Cool, What is this .NET Framework then as i've never been too sure :S

Just installed the .net Framework and it still isn't loading, so i guess its back to the Control Panel eh ..

If you want to use teh CCC, post a screenshot of the error so we can see what it says and what is related to. If you are stuck for a place to host the image, then use Imageshack

Thats the thing, there is no error message, it just doesn't load at all .... anyway, i installed the Control Panel now instead, unless someone has any other clue as to why the CCC won't load ??

Sgt.Murray, if you go into Add/Remove Programs in teh control panel, and look for the microsoft .net framework 1.* If its there, then I don't know why its not loading, because you will have the framework.

give me your video card and buy yourself a new CPU

Back