Audio-surf

Sliver

Companion Cube
Reaction score
http://www.audio-surf.com/

"Audiosurf allows you to experience the intensity and emotion of your songs in real time, in full color, and in 3D. Songs that give you an adrenaline rush are converted into wild roller coaster rides full of color and motion. Songs that calm you down appear as cool colors against a relaxing sky. Audiosurf enhances the experience of your music collection by synchronizing its environment to the events in your songs--the beats, the intense sections, the long pauses followed by a burst of sound, all take on a more vivid meaning."

Check out the beta here

http://media.bestgameever.com/SetupAudiosurf_BetaWeekend1_1.11.08.exe

I've been having alot of fun so far. We were talking about it in the chat.

The beta lasts this weekend only, so get playing!

It rocks. I tried it. STILL ALIVE IS AWESOME ON IT.

Let's see how this thing handles breakcore...

edit: HOLY MOTHER OF **** THIS IS THE BEST ****ING THING EVER

edit2: seriously thank you so much for posting this, this is incredibly awesome.

So what happens when the beta is over? Will we have to pay when it comes out? Will we not be able to play the beta anymore? That seems kind of lame. Though I'd gladly buy it for 10 or 20 bucks or something. **** if it's a monthly fee though.

There is a way to play it by just not having it connected to the internet.

Not sure of the legality of it, but ehh.

I seriously need to play this. Two hours was nowhere near enough.

Looks really, really cool. Seems like you build up combos of certains colours as the objective of the game.

Erm, wait, so with the exe going around you can play offline?

If so, pm plz k thx.

Seems like /v/ is all over this.

I figured out how to play, no dl-ing shit necessary. (well you have to have the game installed)

Open the "hosts" file in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc
and add "72.167.39.116 www.audio-surf.com" without quotes on its own line at the bottom.

edit: oh shit-peas, I guess it doesn't work after all, wtf.

Edit2: ok so apparantly you need a fresh copy of the beta and don't install updates... trying this now

Edit3: Seems to be working fine.

To quote /v/:

FIVE IMPORTANT STEPS:
1. Install beta
2. Change hosts file
3. Don't update
4. ??????
5. DRAGONFORCE

I don't think you can post/compare scores online though, if someone knows of other methods to get the game fully functional, post here. I'm going to bed.

Seems like /v/ is all over this.

I figured out how to play, no dl-ing shit necessary. (well you have to have the game installed)

Open the "hosts" file in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc
and add "72.167.39.116 www.audio-surf.com" without quotes on its own line at the bottom.

edit: oh shit-peas, I guess it doesn't work after all, wtf.

Edit2: ok so apparantly you need a fresh copy of the beta and don't install updates... trying this now

Edit3: Seems to be working fine.

To quote /v/:

FIVE IMPORTANT STEPS:
1. Install beta
2. Change hosts file
3. Don't update
4. ??????
5. DRAGONFORCE

I don't think you can post/compare scores online though, if someone knows of other methods to get the game fully functional, post here. I'm going to bed.

Damn, I was just going to post that.

Anyway, this is what you all should do.

Except for Dragonforce

http://rapidshare.com/files/83653267/SetupAudiosurf_BetaWeekend1_1.11.08.exe.html

That's the download for the beta that you'll need.

That file has been deleted.

EDIT: If there actually is a .exe going around I'd like it too.

Deleted? Bugger...apparently I'm still downloading it too.

Argh ffs. After playing a few songs now it's asking me to log in again, which doesn't work.

FFS! Does anyone know how to get this working proper.

Feck, I guess I'll just wait until maybe next weekend if they have another beta, or until it's released in Feb.

man i i want to login :( doesnt let me. o well i played 2 songs and i like the game, i can see the concept being fun.

The whole app is screwed for me. First of all it's rather unresponsive for about a minute after I launch it. Then, I can't choose my music tracks - when I point the cursor at the directories, only the top one gets highlighted and clicking does nothing anyway. I can choose the streaming radio, but when I start the game, the shuttle (w/e that is) stays at the beginning of the track with a "respawning" sign underneath it, despite the music playing and the tutorial going on about me enjoying the ride for 30 seconds, then supposedly seeing some blocks etc., as if I was actually progressing along the track.

So far, fail :|

This wins my small game of the month award for sure! I'm addict right now... It's so FUN!!! I get so much adrenalin boosts with some music it's ridiculous! I LOVE IT!! Btw Thanx Vegeta for the step by step guide to play it :)!

Well, I can't play because it says the beat version has expired or I don't have an internet connection, I do and I also did not perform the update for the thing.

Also, looking at Vegeta's step-by-step. What do I do to the host file to make it so I can actually save changes that I do? I opened it with notepad and it just saves it as a notepad file.

ugh none of that above helps. after you play 2 songs then it ask you to login.

You guys never heard of Visualizations on Winamp cause that's what it's sounding alot like. :|

Works for me :D

This game is so awesome! Played Flathead by the Fratellis, what a rush!

Thanks to Vegeta for the instructions and to unfocused for the dl link :D

Holy shit. This thing is so ****ing amazing.

omgomgomg

You guys never heard of Visualizations on Winamp cause that's what it's sounding alot like. :|
You never heard of actually trying it out yourself or reading the description more carefully because you're sounding a lot like a fool :|

It's a game. Not just a visualization. Why do you think everyone is so crazy about it, do you think we're morons? Go look at a youtube video of it.

Edit: Oh wow, all you have to do is create a new account and you can log in and play. Kick ass...

Hmm... it won't let me play half of my music though, cause it's all protected by iTunes :(

Back