Australian Federal Election 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

xdrive

Reaction score
Thought i would make a thread for the 2010 Aussie Federal Election.

I am hoping the Liberals will win. Labor has been an incompetent government and they need to go.

Anyone here supporting labor? Just to piss you off, here is Tony Abbot in his speedos.

772686-tony-abbott.jpg

Also the liberals have a cool theme song, which instantly makes them win. Listen to it in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beU1npQspVA&feature=channel

Stand up Australia, for real action.
Together, we will make it happen.
Stand up Australia, Stand up for real action.

It's the Aussie way to see things through,
To get things done, and to be True Blue,
So stand up Australia, and support real action.

So nows the time, to get things right
Shine on Australia, but stand up and fight!
So stand up Australia and support real action!

Stand up Australia, for real action.
Together, we will make it happen.
Stand up Australia, Stand up (stand up), Stand up Australia (standup). Stand up Australia, Stand up for real action.

Support real action? Reaction more like.

What the **** does real action even mean lol?!?

I know nothing about Australian politics, except it used to be run by racist arseholes who ****ed the aborigines. Whoever wants to put those politicians in jail is who I would support,

What the **** does real action even mean lol?!?

I know nothing about Australian politics, except it used to be run by racist arseholes who ****ed the aborigines. Whoever wants to put those politicians in jail is who I would support,

Real action means actually doing something.

For example, Our current government (the labor party) wants to make some stupid bogus citizens assembly to talk about what we should do, as a country about climate change. That is a perfect example of something that is not real action.

Real action on climate change would be doing something like reducing carbon emissions.

Being a UK resident who wasted his vote, anyone else think that general elections are useless these days? It seems the replacement party who has completely different ideals and morals still make a hash of it.

They should call it the Annual Political Musical Chairs Competition. All the seats get switched but you'll still get screwed.

Pretty much the same thing as "Yes we Can", that is to say, nothing.

People love empty slogans.

They may be empty slogans in the U.S and UK, but not here. The liberal party has a good track record of actually getting things done.

Our political system hasnt descended into the crapper like in the U.S and the UK.

Being a UK resident who wasted his vote, anyone else think that general elections are useless these days? It seems the replacement party who has completely different ideals and morals still make a hash of it.

They should call it the Annual Political Musical Chairs Competition. All the seats get switched but you'll still get screwed.

Read above.

The Main parties in the U.S and UK are absolute crap. They have got to the stage where they know one of them will be elected, so they don't even need to listen to the people.

Labor have ****ed right up. I wouldn't be voting for them if it wasn't for Abbot.

Liberals have ****ed right up. I wouldn't be voting for them if it wasn't for Abbot.

Explain how the liberals have "****ed up" ? They are not even in government. The current government is the worse government Australia has ever had.

If I were voting I'd be going for Julia. I could use some damn fast internet here.

For example, Our current government (the labor party) wants to make some stupid bogus citizens assembly to talk about what we should do, as a country about climate change. That is a perfect example of something that is not real action.

Real action on climate change would be doing something like reducing carbon emissions.

So you're voting Liberal? After Tony Abbott said climate change was "absolute crap" but that we should "probably do something about it anyway"? He also said he "probably" won't bring back Work Choices, but never committed himself to it. He also doesn't think woman can hold the same jobs as men. He's also the one drilling up fear about boat people and all that non-sensical crap.

To top it off, Tony Abbott himself said you can't trust me if it's not scripted.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...pted-tony-abbott/story-e6frg6n6-1225867949322

Solaris said:
I know nothing about Australian politics, except it used to be run by racist arseholes who ****ed the aborigines. Whoever wants to put those politicians in jail is who I would support

That'd be a lot of people in Australian politics. You have Pauline Hanson to thank for bringing racism back into the mainstream political arena here in Australia, under the veil of "boat people". Oh, the hordes of dangerous brown people! All of them broke, fleeing war, hungry for white babies, the sheer terror of it all!

xdrive said:
They may be empty slogans in the U.S and UK, but not here. The liberal party has a good track record of actually getting things done.

Our political system hasnt descended into the crapper like in the U.S and the UK.
Oh lord.

A) Both parties are equally as good and bad as each other, to say that the current Liberal Party has a good track record is like saying the current Labor party is the best they've ever been, and -

B) Our political system is nothing to brag out. It's still pretty ****ing abysmal that we have people like Wilson "Iron Bar" Tuckey, in parliament. He's a guy who got that nickname after he beat an Aboriginal man to near death with an iron bar, while he was being held down. There's also the One Nation Party as well, formerly run by Pauline Hanson. Also, all of this is ignoring the fact that if you're aboriginal and live in the Northern Territory you're most likely living in conditions worst than a 3rd world nation, according to Amnesty International, the human rights charity.

I think it is fair to hear what the people have to say about the situation. That is how you avoid things like an unpopular Congress passing bills the people do not want.

To me it seems like we're either voting for the Carbon Tax or the internet filter.

Amongst the frankly embarrassing slander ads both parties fill TV slots with, I don't actually know anything beneficial that each party wants to do this time.

I might just do what Mark Latham said and hand in a blank form. Illuminati etc.

I'm gonna vote Greens. They're the party I disagree with the least.

Which is really the best way to vote, this election. Sucks doesn't it.

I see you and I are in the same boat.

But isn't a vote for The Greens a vote for Labour, anyway?

EDIT: Also lol @ typical xdrive

We should make our own party. With blackjack. And hookers.

I see you and I are in the same boat.

But isn't a vote for The Greens a vote for Labour, anyway?

EDIT: Also lol @ typical xdrive

Pretty much, but the more Green MPs in the Senate, the better off it will be in the long run.

Hopefully with enough pressure from Green MPs, the Coalition and the general public, Labour will **** off with the internet filter plan.

I'm gonna vote Greens. They're the party I disagree with the least.

Which is really the best way to vote, this election. Sucks doesn't it.

Have you looked at the smaller parties?

Tbh, The greens are worser then the liberals and labor.

The greens policies are dangerous.

Have you looked at the smaller parties?

Tbh, The greens are worser then the liberals and labor.

The greens policies are dangerous.

See, you disagree with them completely. That means they are the perfect match for me.

See, you disagree with them completely. That means they are the perfect match for me.

I disagree with them completely because they would completely destroy the country. You obviously support their policies, so therefore you want Australia to be destroyed.

Hmm actually, you might just be one of those people who like to act all "fashionable" and who like to stand out by saying "Oh i am voting greens" without actually knowing their policies.

So tell me, do you support a 50% mining tax on mining companies? (keep in mind that that a similar tax at 40% was proposed by labor and it sent the whole country into a spin and many mining companies stopped new projects)

Because it's one of the greens policies.

The purpose of the greens is not to get their policies in. It's to get policies like theirs in.

And yes, I do support some form of mining tax. We will need those resources later down the line and right now we're getting rid of them as fast as possible.

Their anti-GM and anti-nuclear stances are the only things that make me hesitant voting for them, because I disagree with the policies in their entirety.

The purpose of the greens is not to get their policies in. It's to get policies like theirs in.

And yes, I do support some form of mining tax. We will need those resources later down the line and right now we're getting rid of them as fast as possible.

Their anti-GM and anti-nuclear stances are the only things that make me hesitant voting for them, because I disagree with the policies in their entirety.

We already have a mining tax. /me facepalms

The greens want to raise the tax to 50%.

I disagree with them completely because they would completely destroy the country. You obviously support their policies, so therefore you want Australia to be destroyed.

Hmm actually, you might just be one of those people who like to act all "fashionable" and who like to stand out by saying "Oh i am voting greens" without actually knowing their policies.

So tell me, do you support a 50% mining tax on mining companies? (keep in mind that that a similar tax at 40% was proposed by labor and it sent the whole country into a spin and many mining companies stopped new projects)

Because it's one of the greens policies.

Oh you complete ****ing moron. No I'm not fashionable, I just have common sense and decency and happen to agree with the Greens the most out of any party. Here's why I'm voting for The Greens:

They oppose the Internet filter, they're for legalising gay marriage, they'll help improve mental health initiatives in the country, they not only believe in climate change but they actually WILL act on it, they'll treat asylum seekers as actual human beings instead of calling them "boat people" and pander to xenophobic voters by pledging to ditch them on another island nation for processing for us.

No, I don't agree on a mining tax of 50%, that's ridiculous for any industry regardless of how well they are doing.

I don't agree with their policy to ban genectically modified foods because between 200 million to a billion people are alive today because of GM foods.

I'm voting for them because they have the policies that I like about Labour and the Liberals while ditching the policies I don't like from either party. On top of that, they're also the only party looking to actively preserve the environment over economic interests. Oh, and at least I know I can trust what Bob Brown actually says he'll do, more than I can trust Tony Abbott or Julia Gillard.

But what do I know, I want to destroy Australia apparently.

I think xdrive can't comprehend the idea of liking some policies, and not liking others.

I never thought there'd be such thing as a party you agreed with 100% to begin with, unless you were actually an active member of it.

Which now begs me to wonder: Is xdrive secretly a minister for the Liberals?

Well... now we're ****ed. At least the greens got something out of this.

lol liberal voters. My vote: Greens, Sex party (rofl), Labor, stuff here, Family First.

The one good thing that everyone can agree on (except crazies) no Family First in the Senate (currently). Whoo.

Explain how the liberals have "****ed up" ? They are not even in government. The current government is the worse government Australia has ever had.

Apparently if you're in government during a recession and shit hits the fan you are suddenly the "worst government we've ever had". Oh please the liberals would have failed just as hard if not harder. You must have a very short memory. As for Tony Abbot he is an idiot and has continued to prove this on multiple occasions. I'm not saying Labor hasn't ****ed up somewhat because they have with the ETS and Mining Tax which were both completely batshit insane proposals and their downfall I believe. Why Vote greens then? Simple they'll never get a majority but they can get the balance of power like they have and cock block retarded things from coming into place. The house of reps end result will be interesting.

/Edit

Also the liberals plan for the NBN were beyond retarded and anyone who's EVER complained about the quality of our communications infrastructure would be an idiot to support their 12mbps "peak" plan. The private sector has failed to deliver the services this country needs. No shit it'll cost a lot and that's why we need the government to fund the damn thing.

Oh you complete ****ing moron. No I'm not fashionable, I just have common sense and decency and happen to agree with the Greens the most out of any party. Here's why I'm voting for The Greens:

So you are saying it's common sense and decent to vote a party that will impose a 50% tax on the mining industry, stopping new mining projects and threatening the jobs of thousands of workers, and you say i am a moron? Oh the sweet sweet irony.

Well... now we're ****ed. At least the greens got something out of this.

We are now ****ed. Expect retarded bills being introduced to the senate liek the 50% mining tax, that labor will support.

I can't wait for the new recession! it will be a blast.

The one good thing that everyone can agree on (except crazies) no Family First in the Senate (currently). Whoo.

Um.......... yes there is?

So you are saying it's common sense and decent to vote a party that will impose a 50% tax on the mining industry, stopping new mining projects and threatening the jobs of thousands of workers, and you say i am a moron? Oh the sweet sweet irony.

Did you not read anything I said? I said I oppose the mining tax and I'm voting for the Greens because I disagree with them, the least.

How can you sit there and claim I'm bad for voting for the Greens when you voted Liberal and don't appear to oppose any of the horrendous abuses of human rights they'll put into action when in government?

Yes, the Liberals don't support the mining tax, but they don't support gay marriage, they'll treat refugees like utter shit, they won't do ****ing anything in regards to the plight of Aboriginals in this country (Howard wouldn't even apologise for the whole "trying to breed them out of existence" shenanigans our country did in the early 20th century by stealing their children from their parents) and on top of that, you think it's ironic that I vote for the greens because of the mining tax, yet Abbott will more than likely try to bring back WorkChoices given that he's never able to give a straight answer on it and has done nothing but praise it.

If you asked me if I want the mining tax or WorkChoices, I'll take the mining tax.

How can you sit there and claim I'm bad for voting for the Greens when you voted Liberal and don't appear to oppose any of the horrendous abuses of human rights they'll put into action when in government?

They have no abuse of humans rights in their policies.

but they don't support gay marriage
A majority of Australians don't support gay marriage. Marriage is between a man and a woman. Homosexuality should not be encouraged. Trying to paint Homosexuality as a perfectly normal thing is just stupid, it's not normal. It's like trying to paint pedophilia as a normal thing, or bestiality. If you look at the western world, homosexuality has been encouraged a bit, and look how many people are gay. Yet, look at other parts of the world and there is barely any homosexuals. Granting gay marriage would send a message to children that homosexuality is perfectly normal.

they'll treat refugees like utter shit
Taking asylum seek that have entered the country illegally to a processing centre is not treating them like shit. The reason they are taken to the centre is to determine if they are actually refugees, where they have come from, who they are etc. Are you advocating that the government just simply let anyone that enters our borders illegally have Australian citizenship and let them stay here without actually determining who they are and if they are actually refugees? Because it seems like it.

If the greens had their way, that would be the case. We could terrorists crossing our borders illegally simply saying "yep we are asylum seekers" and then they are sent straight to Australia as citizens.

Also you have to remember that illegally crossing the border isn't actually the correct way of seeking asylum in a country (alot of people do think that's actually the right way"

they won't do ****ing anything in regards to the plight of Aboriginals in this country
Who started the Northern Territory intervention which has helped the aboriginals alot? Liberals did.

yet Abbott will more than likely try to bring back WorkChoices given that he's never able to give a straight answer on it and has done nothing but praise it.
Saying "workchoices is dead and buried" isn't a straight enough answer for you? What does he need to do? Wear clown clothes and dance around saying it over and over?

Abbot even gave the guarantee that labors workplace laws wouldn't be changed under the liberals. You really really need to throw out your labor propaganda. Labor tried to use the second hand workchoices scare campaign to recreate the 2007 election results and it failed.

If you asked me if I want the mining tax or WorkChoices, I'll take the mining tax.

Look above, there will be no work choices, it's gone.

They have no abuse of humans rights in their policies.

A majority of Australians don't support gay marriage. Marriage is between a man and a woman. Homosexuality should not be encouraged. Trying to paint Homosexuality as a perfectly normal thing is just stupid, it's not normal. It's like trying to paint pedophilia as a normal thing, or bestiality. If you look at the western world, homosexuality has been encouraged a bit, and look how many people are gay. Yet, look at other parts of the world and there is barely any homosexuals. Granting gay marriage would send a message to children that homosexuality is perfectly normal.

First off, I hope you've discovered through reading you're own words, why that first sentence is a load of crap.

Secondly, Holy living ****, you're an awful human being. You just compared being attracted to the same sex as the same as being attracted to animals or children. First it was Muslim's to Nazi's, now it's Homosexuals to Pedophiles and Beastilists.

Two people of the same sex being attracted to each other isn't the same as a man being attracted to a dog or a man being attracted to a child. What you have here is two consenting adults in a loving relationship that has ****-all to do with how anyone else lives their lives.

Oh, hey, guess what? The majority of Australians support gay marriage:

http://www.news.com.au/study-shows-australians-support-same-sex-marriages/story-0-1225736251873

Homosexuality is perfectly fine. Here's the list of horrible things that happen in society, when someone is homosexual.

1. They like the same sex.

2. Bigots hate them and blame for them societies ills, when it's really their bigotry that ****s things up far more than anyone being homosexual.

Answer me this dumbass: What would happen if gays could marry?

xdrive said:
Taking asylum seek that have entered the country illegally to a processing centre is not treating them like shit. The reason they are taken to the centre is to determine if they are actually refugees, where they have come from, who they are etc. Are you advocating that the government just simply let anyone that enters our borders illegally have Australian citizenship and let them stay here without actually determining who they are and if they are actually refugees? Because it seems like it.

If the greens had their way, that would be the case. We could terrorists crossing our borders illegally simply saying "yep we are asylum seekers" and then they are sent straight to Australia as citizens.

Also you have to remember that illegally crossing the border isn't actually the correct way of seeking asylum in a country (alot of people do think that's actually the right way"

All of this is complete bullshit. You assume because I'm against how the government treats asylum seekers, I must be for letting terrorists infiltrate the country easily. What I'm against, is places like Woomera Detention Centre from ever springing back up. I'm against having places like that exist on other pacific island nations, all because it would look bad for the government to have another Woomera Detention Centre situation in Australia.

As for that "terrorist" bullshit you claim, the few terrorists (or wannabe terrorists) we've had here in Australia have either entered legally or have been born here to native Australian's, so treating refugees like shit because of "terrorism" will do nothing to protect us from them. It will more than likely justify attacks against us (not that they need reasons, the wackos).

For one, all of this refugee fear is ****ing nonsense. We get 4,000 people a year (at maximum) arriving illegally in boats. 90% of them qualify as refugees which means 400 people are people who didn't qualify as refugees and were trying to arrive in Australia illegally to beat the system.

Explain to me how those 161 people that have arrived illegally by boat in 2008, are worse than the 4,800 people that have arrived illegally by plane in the same time frame? Why is it that those 161 "boat people" should be treated like terrorists over those 4,800 plane refugees who were actually allowed to work in society while they're claims were being processed?

Nobody cares about that, but apparently terrorists must love boats because goddamn, it's the worst thing that's ever happened to Australia according to the Liberals.

xdrive said:
Who started the Northern Territory intervention which has helped the aboriginals alot? Liberals did.

What planet are you living on? That act was/is a joke and just serves to demonstrate exactly what I'm talking about. That act started because a report that recommended 97 different recommendations need to be taken to stop the rampant alcoholism and child abuse happening in Aboriginal communities in the northern territory. You know how many acts the Liberals and Labour decided to implement?

2 out of 97.

The fact that you think this is a good job just goes to show what constitutes a "good job" by the Liberals to you. A good job should constitute a dramatic change or a far more positive change, rather than one that leads you to possible condemnation by the U.N..

http://www.smh.com.au/national/aust...ry-intervention-at-the-un-20100809-11u6b.html

xdrive said:
Saying "workchoices is dead and buried" isn't a straight enough answer for you? What does he need to do? Wear clown clothes and dance around saying it over and over?

Abbot even gave the guarantee that labors workplace laws wouldn't be changed under the liberals.

Moments after signing a "promise" not to bring back Work Choices, Abbott said "I can't give an absolute guarantee about every single aspect of workplace relations."

Not to mention, How do you believe was Abbott says about something when he himself said he can't be trusted unless it's scripted?

Couple that with WA looking to bring back some of the worst parts of WorkChoices and there's a huge possibility they will bring it back under the guise of a new act/legislation and with a whole new spin doing the exact same thing as before.

All of this aside, you are a completely horrible person. Please stop posting.

[Walks in]

Hey Guys, I wrote "**** The New World Order" on that long white form, and then I wrote "Oafs" on the green one, and I had a laugh, and the---

Oh.

Uh.

[Walks out backwards, with his hands up in a defensive position]

Oh, hey, guess what? The majority of Australians support gay marriage

So there is only 1100 people in Australia? Polls like these don't represent shit. It only polls a small amount of people.

Homosexuality is perfectly fine

In your opinion.

Answer me this dumbass: What would happen if gays could marry?
Nothing really bad would happen, but doesn't mean it should be allowed. It would send a message that homosexuality is normal to kids though

You assume because I'm against how the government treats asylum seekers, I must be for letting terrorists infiltrate the country easily.

Ummmm what? Re read what i said.

As for that "terrorist" bullshit you claim, the few terrorists (or wannabe terrorists) we've had here in Australia have either entered legally or have been born here to native Australian's

re read what i said. You misunderstand and i cbf explaining it again.
so treating refugees like shit because of "terrorism" will do nothing to protect us from them.

re read what i said.

For one, all of this refugee fear is ****ing nonsense. We get 4,000 people a year (at maximum) arriving illegally in boats.

So your saying because it's only 4,000 people crossing illegally, we shouldn't worry? Why even have borders if anyone can just cross without permission?

Explain to me how those 161 people that have arrived illegally by boat in 2008, are worse than the 4,800 people that have arrived illegally by plane in the same time frame?

The people coming in planes are not crossing the borders legally, the plane has authorization to cross into our borders, if it didn't, airforce jets would be sent out to stop it.
Moments after signing a "promise" not to bring back Work Choices, Abbott said "I can't give an absolute guarantee about every single aspect of workplace relations."

And you heard that on the labor ad right? It was taken out of context. He said that when talking about tweaking some of the conditions. He absolutely 100% he would not touch the laws labor put in place.

Are you really that stupid you would listen to labor propaganada ads?

So there is only 1100 people in Australia? Polls like these don't represent shit. It only polls a small amount of people.

Actually for a properly conducted poll that should be pretty accurate, with 1100 people margin of error would be about +-2 points iirc.

Also, you're batshit insane.

Was that you that banned xdrive Kinetic? Because if so: I love you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back