SpotEnemyBoats

Companion Cube
Reaction score
Those of fellow ATLA fans probably already know about this (as did I) but I think it deserved its own thread, here.

It's a spin-off taking place 75 years after the adventures of the Avatar Aang and his friends. Now Aang is dead and a new Avatar has taken place, a teenage Water Bender from the Southern Water Tribe. She learned Earth and Fire, and now she searches for Tenzin, who is the son of Aang and Katara

I demand that Foaming mouth guy appears and Cabbage Merchant! (hopefully)

Link

Posted a thread on this when it was first announced. Sounds interesting. Hope that Nickelodeon loosens its reins like they did in the last few episodes of the Legend of Aang, ie, allow them to use the word death and such.

Damn here I was hoping for Cameron's.

JC totally stole that name and font from Mike and Bryan. :p

Posted a thread on this when it was first announced. Sounds interesting. Hope that Nickelodeon loosens its reins like they did in the last few episodes of the Legend of Aang, ie, allow them to use the word death and such.

Well, throughout ATLA Katara did mention about her and Sokka's mother being killed (too bad they didn't exactly show how she died), and there was Gyatso's skeleton and Katara made a speech on it in "The Avatar State"

It sucks that its a year from now, I can't wait for this. But one thing I hope Nick doesn't do is push the Shippings again, good god in the Nick magazines of ATLA they put "Who will Katara end up with? Will it be Aang? Zuko? Maybe someone else? Watch Avatar to find out!" which kind of annoyed me because they were making out ATLA to be a Soap Opera.

Also if anybody wants to know, (sort of spoilers here):

The entire Gaang is dead according to the voice director. D:

Although Bryke said there is a "definate link" between this cartoon and the previous, which I imagine post war flashbacks.

There won't even be time for shipping, as this is a mini-series. It's going to be a short, condensed story.

Also apparently Dante Basco might have a role in it

Also, animation test:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5hn-lMGPpI

Bryke said there is going to be teenage romance in the story, also Spirit world Aang going to give some advice on Korra on how to court (just like Avatar Roku did with Aang, because each Avatar's life mirrors each other). There is going to be less filler because its going to be 12 episodes than the previous 61 episodes from ATLA, but I expect some to still be there, Avatar's like Kuruk, Kyoshi and Aang all mirror each other.

There is going to be 12 episodes, so I think they'll be enough but not as developed and well rounded as Kataang.

Also Dante Basco is going to voice a Maiko spawn, he said it himself. As a matter of fact, Basco's twitter said that the first episode's name is:

Skeleton's in a Closet.

If I see a flashback of Kataang... this will be my reaction:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy8BCulyOeU&feature=related

So, he wasn't The Last Airbender?

Nope, Aang and Katara got married and made babies together because Aang has to revive the Air Nomads, or the Avatar reincarnation cycle will be broken when the time comes for the Avatar to be born into the Air Nomads.

It is currently under development, and is expected to run for 12 episodes from November 2011.
Why would you get my hopes up like that. :(

Well, the wait should be a cake walk compared to waiting for Half-Life 2: Episode 3. ;)
Basically the 12 episodes is just a set thing right now, Andrea Romano said that if its successful they will make more or something like that.

I think Aaron Ehasz said that they may have an OVA based on fan reception and if Nick wants it (no, not a Book 4) on the Gaang, but with Korra in the works that kind of stopped that for the time being.

Back