Bad Company 2 - Vietnam

Escaep

Tank
Reaction score
This thread's title has been changed to reflect that it is now the "official" BC2: Vietnam thread - Ennui

Might persuade me to reinstall BC2. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-08-new-maps-coming-to-bad-company-2

Two of them are from the first Bad Company: Oasis & Harvest Day, the other two are maps from SP missions.

On the eve of Call of Duty: Black Ops' release EA has announced new downloadable content for rival shooter Battlefield: Bad Company 2.

VIP Map Pack 7 includes four maps, two of which are "fan favourites" Oasis and Harvest Day. It's all free for PC and console VIP players.

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/bat...-heading-for-battlefield-bad-company-2.aspx##

Map 1: Oasis
Origin: Battlefield: Bad Company multiplayer
Game modes: Rush, Conquest, Squad Rush, Squad Deathmatch

Map 2: Harvest Day
Origin: Battlefield: Bad Company multiplayer
Game modes: Rush, Conquest, Squad Rush, Squad Deathmatch

Map 3: Cold War
Origin: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 singleplayer
Game modes: Rush, Squad Rush, Squad Deathmatch

Map 4: Heavy Metal
Origin: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 singleplayer
Game modes: Conquest, Squad Rush, Squad Deathmatch

I just wish SO BADLY that they would release mod tools.

yeah this time they're from another game ;)

srsly tho sweet news :)

Finally, some new maps, that aren't "new" maps.

I never played BC1 so they are new to me. In any case, its better than them just rehashing current maps with new gamemodes.

Yeah, its the gamemode bullshit I'm talking about. Taking maps from BC1 doesn't bother me since its free and BC1 is console exclusive.

Oasis and Harvest Day were two of my favorite maps in BC1. This is awesome.

I haven't played BC2 in several months but I have to admit I kind of miss it. For all its faults I still think it's one of the better PC shooters to come out recently. I never played BC1, nor did I play BC2 singleplayer so these maps are brand new to me :D

Honestly, this game felt like garbage in comparison to BF2, and I wish Steam had a return policy when you first buy games. :(

This will never bring me back to this game either.

I think it's fairly universal that everyone realy liked BC2 but were driven away by the inconvenient bugs after a while. Plus once you unlock all the weapons the ranking system is just numbers. I know I want to play again but the last time I tried it seemed like it ran even slower than it did in the beginning. I tried the single player and it did the same thing. I found that forcing DX9 gave me a decent FPS boost while not really sacrificing much. It still seems like no matter what I do graphically, the game doesn't seem to want to jump in FPS in a corresponding manner. I'm assuming it's my processor and I'm far too broke to consider upgrading it (especially since I'd need a new mobo and thus new ram). However, I'll fight out the often sub-20 fps situations to try out these new maps. Especially since I didn't even play BC1.

Is there any date on these or did I just miss it?

Edit: I was just wondering - why haven't more games adopted the Rush game mode? It forces combat and forces large battles in a sort of prolonged king of the hill thing. I hope that they make it more of a ramped up thing than they have previous maps so that if attackers are steamrolling, defenders get a much more defendable position each time... and if the Defenders are holding out like crazy the attackers at least have the priviledge of taking at least the first set of MCOMs. I really want to finish the single player as well just to have it gone.

recently started playing BC2 again so this is great news!
hopefully they're out soon.... like before Vietnam hits

Can wait, oasis was the best multiplayer map out of the two games so getting it in bc2 is going to be awsome. Tons of epic battles!

Harvest day was a great map too, I remeber lots of epic tank battles on the fields.

oasis and harvest day were mint, can't wait for these. i've been looking on firing it back up the last few days but i've been preoccupied with dead rising, fallout and reach. i'll deffo get back online with these.

I'm excited, definitely going to be playing BC2 for a few more months.

Makes me want BF3 tbh. Which is rumoured to be announced at the VGAs.

sweet, gonna be checking this out tomorrow. tried to replay bc2 the other night but i've done the maps to death and the loyal folk that still play it as their go-to online game are pretty dominating right now, so it'll be nice to get some fresh ground to tread, esp. with harvest day and oasis.

Remember when we were supposedly getting 1943?

Ah well, I'll probably buy this

sweet, gonna be checking this out tomorrow. tried to replay bc2 the other night but i've done the maps to death and the loyal folk that still play it as their go-to online game are pretty dominating right now, so it'll be nice to get some fresh ground to tread, esp. with harvest day and oasis.

All of these things are the same things that I encountered. My main problem is that it still runs like complete and utter shit on my computer basically no matter what I do. Games before and after that look much better can be played with higher settings just fine, but this game dominates my computer and gives me a framerate around 10 when anything is happening at all. Somehow before I got a new hard drive and reinstalled everything, it ran better than it does now. I think I tweaked some setting that was important... but all of the guides I've found are old and nothing seems to really change much.

Played the new maps tonight. They are all nice additions, except for the snow map. That is so damn bright it gave me a headache. I prefer Harvest Day so far. The large meadows offer some great opportunities for tank battles, but they are big enough to make flanking with infantry possible.

Played the new maps tonight. They are all nice additions, except for the snow map. That is so damn bright it gave me a headache. I prefer Harvest Day so far. The large meadows offer some great opportunities for tank battles, but they are big enough to make flanking with infantry possible.

I actually really like Cold War. Make sure you have bloomed disabled.
Haven't spent too much time with the others but they're definitely a welcome addition.

Who's getting Vietnam?

I'm getting it but I think i'm the only one getting it on ps3 =/

I'm not payin $15 for 4 maps........again.

I'm not payin $15 for 4 maps........again.

it's actually five maps, but i wouldn't expect that to change your mind. i'll probably get it.

had a quick go on oasis, feels and plays exactly how it did on BC which is nothing but a good thing. actually had fun with it instead of just getting continuously killed and frustrated like on other maps.

Oasis is a really fun map that resembles Gulf of Oman. Snow is a bunch of close quarters fighting. Harvest Day which was a DLC only BF2 expansion is in this and it's really fun. It's really spacious but there are a tons of snipers. Heavy Metal is another sniper map with wind turbines. Recently I have started playing the game again and have noticed more pro players playing and winning instead of hanging back sniping. So the sniper maps will not be sniper maps in the future.

I actually launched the game last night because I didn't realize the maps were actually there. I saw the massive size of the patch ad I Was like "a few maps can't possibly be 2.5gigs" and hoped that their updates somehow improved my performance. I don't know if it's the fact that I made a bunch of changes I didn't really test out, or that I was playing on a server with about half as many people, or that the patch actually did something good for once... but my framerate was pretty great. Even when stuff was blowing up around me and what not, the framerate held pretty well. I was on Oasis and it seemed like a fairly decent map. I might start playing a little more for a week or so.

The patch was so big because the Vietnam dlc was already included iirc.

Really enjoying the new maps, looking forward to Vietnam now :D

I don't really like Heavy Metal
it's too BF2ish without the jets and more players (which is key imo)
too large in other words
I'm enjoying the other 3 though

YOUR FACE IS OPTIMIZED FOR MY FIST!

This thread is just me being hostile now.

Heheh. No, really I thought that it was pretty playable, while normally for me it was just frustrating performance-wise. However on the big empty map (don't remember the name) it shouldn't be surprising. Also I scored a ~390m kill there 2 days ago, felt good.

Well I was playing last night and it was slowing down, but that may have been because I had a bunch of firefox windows open and I alt tabbed to close them which is a bad idea. But this time I was on a map with a full 32 people and all sorts of shit blowing up. I need to turn down effects I think... but I feel like there's some kind of memory leak because of how my performance decreases the longer I play.

Also it seems like the game's full of those 'regulars' that are level 50 and know every map... so everyone gets the jump on me from all over the place.

Yeah, games are most enjoyable during the first few months after release, cause then people play "normally". After some time people learn of special spots and glitches and how to exploit various features and everything starts feeling more... like a video game! As opposed to an illusion of reality (yay, immersion).

If you know what I'm saying.

Back