Battlefield 3

If you are really on keen on pre-ordering this disappointment, you can always register a new Origin account and set your birthday to two days from now. They'll email you a 25% off code a day or two after your birthday which you can then use towards your purchase. Pre-orders included. That's what i did before i canceled my pre order. It ended up costing me around $45 and i also got a free copy of Dead Space 2. It still wasn't worth it imo.

Wasn't that cancelled because it got abused? People like you is why we can't have nice things.

People like you is why we can't have nice things.

tumblr_lrtvpyptRC1r0alvio1_250.gif

It has been stated ad nauseam that these aren't exclusive items but day one unlocks.

*hugs his Origin pre-order*

Why do you feel obligated? The only reason I did it was because it did make more financial sense to me. Instead of paying $60 for the game and then $10-15 for the Karkand DLC, I just paid $60 for both. Boom.

Also, you could have preordered on Amazon for $42, which is way cheaper than this game is going to be for the foreseeable future. I think it's $50 right now on Amazon, so that's still a bargain IMO.

I hadn't really known or read that the preorder bonuses were simply early unlocks instead of exclusive items. I know how these things NORMALLY go... exclusive items that nobody can get... and every preorder company has one and the general public can't get them until months and months later at a DLC price. If it's just immediatel unlocks, it's not that big of an issue to me.

If you are really on keen on pre-ordering this disappointment, you can always register a new Origin account and set your birthday to two days from now. They'll email you a 25% off code a day or two after your birthday which you can then use towards your purchase. Pre-orders included. That's what i did before i canceled my pre order. It ended up costing me around $45 and i also got a free copy of Dead Space 2. It still wasn't worth it imo.

Could you please describe to me your disappointment with this game? Or if you have post in this threads fully detailing why you think it will be terrible, just let me know and I'll try and find them. I'm still unsure about this game. It looks great from the videos I've seen of gameplay.

This is the video that I've mainly seen.

I know people here, myself included as well as all those who got to play it, but Caspian Border truly, truly blew the debate wide open as to whether this game was worthy of sequel status to Battlefield 2.

It's so hard to describe how much better those big maps are compared to Metro.

Running to a flag in Conquest with jets flying over you head, tanks either side of you, smoke, trees getting blown away, helicopters flying in low...it's just immense and the sound just ties it all together so damn perfectly.

I know people here, myself included as well as all those who got to play it, but Caspian Border truly, truly blew the debate wide open as to whether this game was worthy of sequel status to Battlefield 2.

It's so hard to describe how much better those big maps are compared to Metro.

Running to a flag in Conquest with jets flying over you head, tanks either side of you, smoke, trees getting blown away, helicopters flying in low...it's just immense and the sound just ties it all together so damn perfectly.

Add to the fact that Caspian Border will have a fully destructible tower, I know I'm going to plant C4 at the cables the next time I play that map at release. **** YEAH!

Some of my clips from Caspian Border. Great map. I didn't know the map went public until there was only a day or so left. Can't wait to play more.

Could you please describe to me your disappointment with this game? Or if you have post in this threads fully detailing why you think it will be terrible, just let me know and I'll try and find them. I'm still unsure about this game. It looks great from the videos I've seen of gameplay.

A brief list:
-Origin
-Mandatory web based, plugin-required, server browser/social networking system
-flash lights are stupidly bright, even in sunlight open areas, they'll blind the shit out of you..even if it's your teammates flashlight.
-UMP is super powerful
-sniping is still too easy, I think reloading times and re-centering times need to be slowed down. This way snipers will focus more on headshots, than 2 hit body shots.

Also, mcom stations are still too spammy. I always played the objective and died countless times from just people tossing or launching grenades at the mcom. I'd like mcom stations to take amplified friendly explosive damage to make it more risky for the defensive team to just spam it as a defense. If they want to defend it then they need to also take the risk of having a clear line of sight for bullets.

Nice video Hokey. I didn't notice before your video however how often the voice communications starts out with, "Be advised...". Then once I noticed it it became really really annoying to me.

A brief list:
-Origin
-Mandatory web based, plugin-required, server browser/social networking system
-flash lights are stupidly bright, even in sunlight open areas, they'll blind the shit out of you..even if it's your teammates flashlight.
-UMP is super powerful
-sniping is still too easy, I think reloading times and re-centering times need to be slowed down. This way snipers will focus more on headshots, than 2 hit body shots.

Also, mcom stations are still too spammy. I always played the objective and died countless times from just people tossing or launching grenades at the mcom. I'd like mcom stations to take amplified friendly explosive damage to make it more risky for the defensive team to just spam it as a defense. If they want to defend it then they need to also take the risk of having a clear line of sight for bullets.

Origin is a big downer for me. Big big downer.

The "Be Advised" voice over is the new "Enemy Boat spotted!", it eventually will grow on you! :p

I don't notice it while in game. I guess i'm too caught up in the action.

other then not having everything on place where I want it (STEAM) Origin doesn't bother me at all

The only things that are almost game breaking for me in Battlefield 3 is health/armor regeneration and the silly "durr hurr our game is too complex for modders lolololol!!!!" argument DICE represents when asked about mod tools. Also shit netcode, but its not enough for me to cancel my preorder, I've waited 5 years for this game and I have certain expectations that it will be a very good game. When BtK comes out, it will be glorious.

Is the Back to Karkand map pack still available to people who preorder? I know there are only a few days left to preorder as it is.

I would assume so, and seeing that the preloads start on the 21st. But afterwards? IDK, we'll see.

Well I did preorder it on amazon... digital download.

I figure what the hell, I waste money on worse things... I might actually get a lot of use out of this.

EDIT:

Somebody who obviously has never played battlefield 1942. Reloading was a necessity in that game, though you could do it midair provided you were slow enough.

20111016054513capture.png

<sigh> infinite ammo on vehicles would be kind of lame.

and seeing that the preloads start on the 21st.

Really?

Hmm. Good gap there.

Back To Karkland is available to all who pre-order, and I'm sure it will be available to those who pre-order up until the end of the 27th. Or the 24th for you lucky yanks. It's not like EA are going to remove BF3 as a pre-order option, therefore logically you should always qualify until the day of release, then the pre-order will change to 'buy'.

Wow, I should solve crime.

I didn't notice before your video however how often the voice communications starts out with, "Be advised...". Then once I noticed it it became really really annoying to me.

Yeah, I found this pretty annoying as well, while watching another video. They should ditch the "be advised" and the "over".

No guys, the army uses those words all the time!

they actually do

Be advised, there's a pollution advisory in effect, over.

As far as I know the game is unplayable currently as there is no crack (there are some fake cracks floating around though). I also really would recommend NOT doing it as it attempts to contact Origin etc during install.

Inevitable that it would leak.

Amazes me how games do get leaked though, like how they get hacked or whatever. Reading that this was someone in the industry who got an early copy for reviewing and posted it up. Meh, leaks dont bother me anymore these days. If anything it helps sales if Deus Ex was anything to go by, what with their pre-orders increasing soon after the leak.

Actually, I don't think EA has anything to do with that at all. It's an advert for Gadget Show. I doubt it's even fully functional. I've always imagined these kind of things though, how amazing they'd be if they actually worked.

I swear I get slightly giddy every time I hear the end music to the BF trailers. It's so badass.

The Gadget Show is ok, sometimes good but nothing amazing, but I hope they do this well. Definitely watching it on monday.

And yeah I wonder if EA are paying the Gadget Show to do this as marketing. Or if its the other way round, or they just agreed to it or whatever. Either way, it's showing it to the public that arent aware of BF coming out which is always nice. What with it being about gadgets, they pretty much never talk about games.

[video=youtube_share;FRqfFfuVuNE]http://youtu.be/FRqfFfuVuNE[/video]

A short video of Karkand at the end!

by the power of greyskull...

jesus, i am so ****ing excited for this game. those environments look so much ****ing fun.

By FAR the best trailer so far.

Oh...my....god.....

I...it...***K!!!!!! 8 more days! God I havent been this giddy since HL2!

Myself and a guy who sits near me are driving the others a bit nuts as we both love Battlefield, and we bring it up almost daily. We dont go on and on about it, but there's an in-house joke going on on the whiteboard next to a colleague behind me who marks a tally every time it's mentioned. We're up to 46 in like a month...

Back