Battlefield 3

Sup Bros I work at Best Buy. Here's some pictures I probably shouldn't have been taking from inside the warehouse. (Puss in Boots confirmed on DSi)
Can you accidentally drop one into a UPS box with postage and my address on it?

I can only run BF3 on the lowest settings but heard that it looks like the console version. From the BF3 thread on the Facepunch forum someone mentioned that BF3 pc on lowest settings looked better than the console version. Can anyone back that up?

I can only run BF3 on the lowest settings but heard that it looks like the console version. From the BF3 thread on the Facepunch forum someone mentioned that BF3 pc on lowest settings looked better than the console version. Can anyone back that up?

360 version without the HD texture pack looks awful; 360 version with the HD texture pack looks just wonderful. be wary of trolls and elitists dismaying that particular version of the game because of something so menial like the graphics, it is likely they mean the non-HD version as with the texture pack included the game looks fine for a high-maintenance made game using a five year old engine. quite amazing, considering those facts.

there are plenty of comparison pictures floating about anyroads.

360 version without the HD texture pack looks awful; 360 version with the HD texture pack looks just wonderful. be wary of trolls and elitists dismaying that particular version of the game because of something so menial like the graphics, it is likely they mean the non-HD version as with the texture pack included the game looks fine for a high-maintenance made game using a five year old engine. quite amazing, considering those facts.

there are plenty of comparison pictures floating about anyroads.

If it can run it with the HD textures, why is it even available without them?

They have to support playing the game without a hard drive install.

They have to support playing the game without a hard drive install.

Oh ok I don't know anything about consoles and their crazy world.

Here's a random question. Is it at all possible to merge origin accounts? I know I have at least two EA accounts.

Oh ok I don't know anything about consoles and their crazy world.

Here's a random question. Is it at all possible to merge origin accounts? I know I have at least two EA accounts.

You -should- be able to in theory. I had two EA accounts tied to two email addresses, I was fed up with it and got in touch with EA support via live chat. They were able to merge it all onto one account. Be aware though that you might have some trouble with CD keys on titles like Bad Company 2 etc. I did, but got in touch again and it was sorted.

I got it out of my mind at work today. Keeping busy helps with the pain.

Until I came home and watched the IGN and Gametrailers reviews. Now I'm gently weeping as we have to wait 3 more days in the UK...*sniff*

Going to have to stick to UK servers only, to avoid the ''how the hell is he level 50 already?'' no-lifes. Oh ***k me I cant take this wait, I want it so bad.

I have the feeling I'll enjoy the gaudy SP, too - so my hype has gone a little crazy. Now I'll have to deal with looking at the boxes in the warehouse again all day and the cardboard setups on the sales floor with the damn coming soon signs. It's a little disheartening that the single player is what will keep this from immortal status in terms of critical reception, but that's life.

@firstworldproblems, etc

Literally everything is coming out in November too. Skyrim, AC:R, MW2, Serious Sam 3. I'm going to become a pauper pretty quickly here.

The joystiq review is painful, read this for lulz:

Modern Warfare drew the blueprint for the modern linear shooter, and it still managed to be fast, fun, and exciting. But Modern Warfare always gave you something to do, and enemies that were fun to shoot. Battlefield 3 is clearly referencing that blueprint, but it fails in this regard. There aren't that many enemies to shoot, and DICE has made up for that by allowing them to fire through geometry with pinpoint accuracy. It leads to a lot of trial by death and memorization. It's not fun.

This is when we all laugh.

Ouch. 'Take that, Activision!'

Good thing it's a franchise with it's roots firmly latched to it's Multiplayer.

playing MP right now, looking for a heli gunner/pilot to partner up with!

add me on origin or battlelog if you wanna squad up!

TCfromBN

Apparently if you disable your internet connection, you can play the SP in OFFLINE mode. :cheers: *Wait, it's not working. Wtf flamehaus!

Korean VPN is ONLY required to activate the game!

Once you are activated, you're free!

Xpost from Reddit:

ITS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!! Activate the game by doing the following BEFORE hitting the play button on Origin: on windows 7>control panel>small icons>internet options>connections>lan settings> use a proxy server for ur lan> 210.107.100.251 port 8080> press ok
Battlelog is also live and there are servers up already.

http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3/comments/ln794/play_bf3_now_vpn_instructions/

If you do this, please be sure to disable that proxy after activation. You'll likely have a MUCH higher ping.

PS. Been playing for about 3 hours... its AWESOME.

The graphics look absolutely unbelievable. It's as much of a jump as Quake 3 was over everything else at the time (as the first game ever to require a 3d accelerator...). Quite possibly more so.

Too bad it won't look like that on mine!

You -should- be able to in theory. I had two EA accounts tied to two email addresses, I was fed up with it and got in touch with EA support via live chat. They were able to merge it all onto one account. Be aware though that you might have some trouble with CD keys on titles like Bad Company 2 etc. I did, but got in touch again and it was sorted.

Thanks, I might try that. Really the only thing that's on my other account is Dragon Age 2 because I hadn't used an EA account in some time and got frustrated trying to remember my password. I think my Mass Effects might be tied to it as well but I can't be sure because that's also been a while. I have the original Dragon Age and Awakening with BC2 and now BF3. It's basically a cluster****, so I hope whenever I do decide to address it, it's a simple process. Not that I can really see myself going back to play a lot of Bioware games... except maybe some of that ME2 DLC.

But yeah, it launches at midnight right? If that's the case I think I can wait. Maybe take a little power nap so I can play a couple hours tonight - assuming I can get on the servers at all.

I can confirm it works as TCFROMBN and I just played a few maps together. KHARG ISLAND is almost like Gulf of Oman in fact. Shakermaker also was playing with us. The game at least for me is still buggy. I have the latest drivers and the game still crashes. Just so you folks know, flight controls are INVERTED!

Oh god, this is awesome.

Connecting to some servers seems to take a while, understandable though.

Oh god CASPIAN! HOW I HAVE WAITED!

I got an email saying it would be available today instead of tomorrow, but it won't start. :v

If you can run the beta, I see a bit of a performance gain, nothing huge though.

I've only played about 45 minutes of singleplayer so far but it seems much less buggy than the beta was. I did still crash out however... but I haven't upgraded to the latest BF3-recommended NVIDIA drivers.

If you can run the beta, I see a bit of a performance gain, nothing huge though.

Yeah, that sounds about right. I am running on ultra / high with what seems a steady 50 to 60 fps. My system is a Phenom X6, 4 gigs of RAM and a 6950. Quite happy with the performance.

Yeah, that sounds about right. I am running on ultra / high with what seems a steady 50 to 60 fps. My system is a Phenom X6, 4 gigs of RAM and a 6950. Quite happy with the performance.

Really? Caspian didn't run brilliantly in the beta for me on high settings (some effects like shadows turned down to medium). 2500k/560Ti/8gigs RAM. It looks like it needs some sort of supercomputer to run at the ultra settings.

Really? Caspian didn't run brilliantly in the beta for me on high settings (some effects like shadows turned down to medium). 2500k/560Ti/8gigs RAM. It looks like it needs some sort of supercomputer to run at the ultra settings.

I think I have textures and terrain on ultra, while shadows and two other things are high. I already had a good performance during the beta btw with at least 45 fps.

Hmm. Will just have to wait and see I suppose. :)

Curses that I'm moving house when Battlefield 3 comes out!

Back