Battlefield 3

The proxy method isn't working for me. My IP was successfully seen as the one I gave up by external sources, but it still says it only unlocks on the 27th. I've tried unlocking it once before I tried the proxy, does it cache the result somewhere? I took a quick look in the registry but couldn't find anything. I'm not impatient, but I'd like to use these few days to play the singleplayer because it'll go untouched when the multiplayer becomes available properly.

The proxy method isn't working for me. My IP was successfully seen as the one I gave up by external sources, but it still says it only unlocks on the 27th. I've tried unlocking it once before I tried the proxy, does it cache the result somewhere? I took a quick look in the registry but couldn't find anything. I'm not impatient, but I'd like to use these few days to play the singleplayer because it'll go untouched when the multiplayer becomes available properly.

Did you turn off Origin before you turned on the proxy server?

BATTLEFIELD 3 RELEASE HAS BEEN CHANGED TO NOW! GO PLAY BF3!!!

http://battlefieldo.com/forum/threads/how-to-unlock-battlefield-3-on-the-25th.1107/page-2#post-14295

Follow the instructions in that post (download the VPN program, use their trial Asia server, then pick a Korean VPN and run BF3 to unlock, once that's done you can uninstall the VPN stuff). Worked for me about 2 or 3 hours ago.
I tried the VPN method and it worked. It goes through some Korean proxy of some sort. Just remove the values after it unlocks.

Activate the game by doing the following BEFORE hitting the play button on Origin: on windows 7>control panel>small icons>internet options>connections>lan settings> use a proxy server for ur lan> 210.107.100.251 port 8080> press ok

GNLoD.png

It's infuriating that these coupons are only valid on games 30 days postrelease, but at least Origin is good for entertainment.

Been playing through SP a bit. Mainly it's for ear and eye candy. You barely need to shoot stuff. HOWEVER this jet mission is priceless:

Words cannot describe how epic that is even if I was running it on medium settings! :D

That was the most boring thing I've seen in a game in quite some time. A ****ing on-rails dogfight? What a terrible idea.

Pretty, though.

I actually thought the jet portion was infuriatingly dull, but the rest of the singleplayer campaign has been fantastic (I'm about halfway through it) although it's pretty much your standard on-rails scripted shooter. Has some good setpieces and good vehicle parts though and in general the gunplay is satisfying. I've also noticed the campaign is kind of hard... the game is less forgiving than I expected.

Time out on multiplayer again and again and again. Annoying as ****.

**** this shit, i'm going to sleep and then work tomorrow and then I'll try it again.

Did the VPN last night and fell in love.

MP is just in a different league.

I am a bit worried though; while DICE say you can do it, the VPN thing, but they rather you didnt, and you wont get banned, I can foresee a potential problem; when it comes to the UK's 28th release date, Im sure the payment will process before then, but will Origin prompt a check on my location for the availability and cause an error when it sees Im already checked and verified.

Only problem for me is load times... even with 8gb ddr2. :[ oh well, time to upgrade soon.

One reason why Origin is much better than Steam: It actually lets me buy the game.

I'm absolutely loving this game!

Really enjoying the maps, lots of variety, nice open areas for vehicle combat along with plenty of enclosed spaces for infantry awesomeness.

Coop just seems like a bunch of missions, I thought it was the campaign in coop. Never mind I will barely play it anyway.

WHY DO I HAVE TO BE AT WORK?!

I'm absolutely loving this game!

Really enjoying the maps, lots of variety, nice open areas for vehicle combat along with plenty of enclosed spaces for infantry awesomeness.

Coop just seems like a bunch of missions, I thought it was the campaign in coop. Never mind I will barely play it anyway.

WHY DO I HAVE TO BE AT WORK?!

Yeah no kidding, release date is the day I start work for the week.

Yeah the jet mission is on-the-rails but it's still fun. You really feel like your actually there. The entire SP story pretty much is just a tech demo which I like. Multi-player is where they obviously focused on the most and boy does it shine! I would HIGHLY recommend getting a good pair of $50 or better speakers.

Come on copy, ship faster! Partially my fault for not pre-ordering until Sunday night. :/

Yeah the jet mission is on-the-rails but it's still fun. You really feel like your actually there. The entire SP story pretty much is just a tech demo which I like. Multi-player is where they obviously focused on the most and boy does it shine! I would HIGHLY recommend getting a good pair of $50 or better speakers.

Well it is a battlefield game. Who really ever expected the singleplayer of a battlefield game to not be subpar.

Yeah this game is much less buggy, they really fixed it up after the beta. The scope of the maps is awe inspiring, there are quite a few that are as big if not bigger than Caspian Border. If only my computer could run it better... I struggle on low settings, but it still looks gorgeous. Will give the single player a try in a bit.

Thats not steams fault! Its not even on steam!

No I meant all games in general.

I'm extremely disappointed however. The campaign was slightly awesome, though of course not the main attraction. However, I can't get the multiplayer running. It just tells me that it's loading, and afte 30 seconds, poof. Back to desktop. Campaign works fine, and I don't know what the problem is.

I am gonna get myself a new headset. This game deserves it.

I feel like it's worth pointing out that for me at least this game has had one of the smoothest multiplayer releases I can remember. I've had zero problems logging in or being disconnected so far, and battlelog has behaved exceptionally (not to mention it provides so much information about your stats and your matches, it's really useful).

Gonna get a proper surround sound headset with a mic. My in-ear headphones are a bit too high of a frequency sometimes and washes the sound out.

Speaking of which, sound is the only bug I've encountered. Usually when a tank is near, my gunfire sound stops or my running sound stops. It's weird. Happens now and again.

Loving Team Deathmatch for some reason. And I cant touch helos or jets, with a mouse I just suck. Tried a little bird and just flew into the mountain side sideways. Panic-mashing every button to get her level. Boom. Noob confirmed.

Then again, I could hardly circle strafe in BC2 on the PS3, never know how people do it. So frustrating to see. Should be nerfed...

So should flares. Those things make stingers pointless. Locked! Fire! *flare*, ahh well, reload, Locked! FIRE! *flare*...hmm ok, one more try, Locked! FIRE! DIEEEE! *flare*...oh **** this...where's the flare limit or excessive cooldown?

I feel like it's worth pointing out that for me at least this game has had one of the smoothest multiplayer releases I can remember. I've had zero problems logging in or being disconnected so far, and battlelog has behaved exceptionally (not to mention it provides so much information about your stats and your matches, it's really useful).

Yeah, didnt have any problems either. Apart from the expected lag on foreign servers, rubber banding style, it's been really smooth.

Speaking of which, sound is the only bug I've encountered. Usually when a tank is near, my gunfire sound stops or my running sound stops. It's weird. Happens now and again.
It's probably a hardware limitation of your sound card. Most integrated cards can only play 4-8 simultaneous sounds, whereas PCI SoundBlasters and whatnot usually handle at least 32.

[edit] POLYPHONY. That's the word I was looking for. :v

The game is amazing and all, but something is missing. It just doesn't feel like Battlefield 2. It is like everything is too cluttered or something.

Well it is a battlefield game. Who really ever expected the singleplayer of a battlefield game to not be subpar.

Well, I enjoyed the Bad Company campaigns. They were similarly on-rails and funneled you through corridors (even if the corridors were quite big in some cases), but they managed to be exciting and engaging most of the time, for what they were. Maybe the sense of humour and over-the-top action helped, I don't know. Seems like they're going for a more reserved feel this time, except it doesn't look engaging in the slightest. Launch missile. Whoops he popped flares. Launch missile. Whoops he popped flares. Launch missile. Whoops he popped flares. Launch missile. Oh hey I guess it hit that time YAY I'M DOING STUFF.

Co-op seems to keep dumping me.

''You were disconnected from the server''

Played a bit of the campaign (finished the Jet mission) and I think it's quite good so far but I enjoyed Medal Of Honor so take that how you like. I'll give multi a wirl after SP but I'm not really a multi guy so it's going to have to be good to keep me interested. I'll say one thing though, the game looks ****ing gawjus on PC with Ultra settings:

Everything is on the rails in this game. Including the terribly designed multiplayers maps. Caspian Border is the only map worth hosting on a server. The rest of the maps are either too linear and cramped with flags right next to each other like in Firestorm. Don't expect to do much flanking in this game. It's impossible on most of the maps. Pretty disappointing map design over all. All flash but no substance.

Everything is on the rails in this game. Including the terribly designed multiplayers maps. Caspian Border is the only map worth hosting on a server. The rest of the maps are either too linear and cramped with flags right next to each other like in Firestorm. Don't expect to do much flanking in this game. It's impossible on most of the maps. Pretty disappointing map design over all. All flash but no substance.

Good thing you didn't buy the game because of all the stuff you said about it before, then.

Anti-Air is my favorite vehicle right now. Just sat hid in a mobile AA for the entire round right where jets would circle over me making them easy targets. Any choppers that came by were quickly taken down too. Not too shabby against infantry either. Loving it.

Not had much luck with choppers yet since I'm always with someone who can't fly or isn't the greatest gunner. I did have one good run on the canal map though. The pilot flew around the map pretty high up and nobody seemed to notice us. I like that we get the option to fly that high.

MP is pretty damn hectic. I was flying the Huey and my friend was on the minigun and he just didn't know what to do. He said from his perspective it looked like a movie there was so much going on below him. I don't think the map design is bad at all, keeping all the action close by means you're never too far away from the action. I've had random planes crashing in front of me, choppers spinning out next to me and I've used blown up tanks as cover. Cannot get enough of it :D

And hopefully even less people will buy it now.

Safjx.jpg

Contrary to Twwix I am enjoying myself with the game. I've played with a couple of buddies from Kadayi's clan on their Mumble server and I had a blast. Two maps are broken: Operation Metro and Tehran Highway, both on Conquest 64. The former because the point in the middle seems to evolve into a giant choke point cluster****, the latter because of the server lag (and apart from that it really seems to be one of the better maps actually). All the other maps have been a lot of fun to play.

Co-op is quite alright as well. I have played the first two missions, and especially the helicopter one was very enjoyable. And since co-op grants you a couple of sweet unlocks for the real multiplayer I might play quite a bit more of it.

Back