Beware of the new Gametrailers preview

nokori3byo

Reaction score
Just a heads-up: if you don't want an intense scene from Ep 2 spoiled for you (which, essentially, is what just happened to me) you might want to steer clear of that Gametrailers.com preview from Leipzig.

Damn it, I've already seen it. They should stop spoiling things like that.

Those bastards...! Cheers for the warning, I won't be watching.

It's confirmation that:

A. the "new" reticule is just the consoleized controller version of it and that the reticule in the PC version is the same as Ep1

B. that on 360 the versions of HL2 and Ep1 will contain new tech from Ep2 like dynamic soft shadows, making levels like Lowlife look much better than when it originally released last year on PC

I fast forward'd it and saw an advisor. Whew that was close. It does look pretty.

Just a heads-up: if you don't want an intense scene from Ep 2 spoiled for you (which, essentially, is what just happened to me) you might want to steer clear of that Gametrailers.com preview from Leipzig.

Thats hardly a spoiler, compared to what I saw :upstare:

It involved a conversation between an advisor and another suited man (Much like Gman but not). Gman walks into the room and the other guy said something about Gman supposed to be dead, then it abrubtly stops and fade to black.

Are there multiple trailers?
ddmb3.gif

When I play Ep2, I'm going to write a list of all the things I see that I already knew were coming. Then I'm going to post it. I suppose I'd better steer clear of this thread if I don't want further spoilers.

that on 360 the versions of HL2 and Ep1 will contain new tech from Ep2
only the 360 one or both console versions? or every orangebox flavour?
seeing as OB customers are going to buy HL2 and EP1 again, it would be nice if they'll get the enhanced ones...

i mean you, nokori.. and those vids ARE EPIC!!! love them

good god, i just spoled myself

People have a choice whether they watch them or not. They should know that they are about to see some gameplay. That said, I don't think the vid exactly revealed anything plot related.

People have a choice whether they watch them or not. They should know that they are about to see some gameplay. That said, I don't think the vid exactly revealed anything plot related.

No, I don't think it did either. But, if I hadn't seen it, the actual scene in the game would have a certain visceral shock value that it has now lost, at least for me.

Quite horrifying how powerless everyone seems in the presence of the telekinetic Advisor (shudders).

Nice find! That video sure is epic. I watched it many times just to see that swirl of debris! Wicked!

Advisor really reminds me of that giant brain-sucking bug from starship troopers.

B. that on 360 the versions of HL2 and Ep1 will contain new tech from Ep2 like dynamic soft shadows, making levels like Lowlife look much better than when it originally released last year on PC

It's a shame they won't be doing that for the PC versions.

Did anybody notice the different-looking armpatch on the Combine soldiers? And yes, the blood looks much splashier.

BTW, love how Alyx moves that body.

Thats hardly a spoiler, compared to what I saw :upstare:

It involved a conversation between an advisor and another suited man (Much like Gman but not). Gman walks into the room and the other guy said something about Gman supposed to be dead, then it abrubtly stops and fade to black.

More details friend, more details.

If you're telling the truth, that is.

Yeah, because I can see another character talking about Gman and actually calling him, Gman :rolleyes:

Somehow i got the impression that he was actually at leipzig and saw a different part of the game that Valve presented.

I dont know how i made that conclusion.

My naivety is my greatest flaw.

Somehow i got the impression that he was actually at leipzig and saw a different part of the game that Valve presented.

I dont know how i made that conclusion.

My naivety is my greatest flaw.

I might be wrong, yet :O

Yeah, because I can see another character talking about Gman and actually calling him, Gman :rolleyes:

True dat. He's barely even refered to by other characters: cryptically, by the Nihilanth; apocryphally, by Shephard; and obliquely, by Breen. How would we even know whom they were talking about?

Holy shit. That was awesome! But not that much of a spoiler in my opinion.

I must confess I found it most awesome when I saw that Advisor use the Force.

By the way it looks it worth the long delays except i'am not likin the new blood. Seems a bit over the top to cartooney it reminds me of the original doom.

I wonder if the people at Leipzig complained about spoilers :p

Regardless absolute awesomeness right there! :D

Everything except the blood spray. I agree with most of you here that it's a step backwards from the normal HL2 blood spray. I really hope they keep the old one because this one looks cheesy.

The Blood Spary looked better in the Particle benchmark videos I've seen.

was it just me, or did the advisor seem brighter and less rinklier than previous advisors and if its such a powerful creature why does it go for the dead guy first...

was it just me, or did the advisor seem brighter and less rinklier than previous advisors and if its such a powerful creature why does it go for the dead guy first...

Cause he was injured so he goes for the easy ones first dead people don't fight back. I thinks it's the HDR that makes the advisor look brighter.

Back