Bit of Patience?

PeteyMax

Reaction score
I know, we're all creaming ourselves with the pending release, or even a bit of information about Half Life 2: Episode 3. I myself want it Now, right now, not in a second, not in a bit, RIGHT. NOW. But we're not getting anywhere by pressuring VALVe. The main reason that HL2:3 hasn't had any information released is because they're improving it every second with more awesome stuff that's gonna make our head explode. So I think we all need to take a breather, sit back, relax, and let HL2:3 roll on in and land on our laps.

I'm so pumped for this year.

Episode Three will come.

The main reason that HL2:3 hasn't had any information released is because they're improving it every second with more awesome stuff that's gonna make our head explode. So I think we all need to take a breather, sit back, relax, and let HL2:3 roll on in and land on our laps.
Agreed...

...ok, time's up! Show us what you've come up with already!

If we push Valve over the edge, they might lose it with us and sign the movie rights to Uwe Boll.

Hail thee, all old members of Halflife2.net forum, to the new wave of users. They know all. They see all. They make threads about it.

We'll get some information this year I reckon. Sit tight. :)

Hail thee, all old members of Halflife2.net forum, to the new wave of users. They know all. They see all. They make threads about it.
Tell us more. Given your post count, you must be fairly new. So, when is it coming out?

I just want it now. They totally miss the point of episodic gaming.

Theyve been busy with Left 4 Dead content (maybe) and Left 4 Dead 2.

Theyre perfectionists. Valve games are the one line of games that nobody should ever consider pirating because youre missing out on the constant, awesome updates and consumer happiness.

I too think we've been waiting too long now. I mean, is it almost 2 years now?

I see no reason why we shouldnt hear anything this year though. And I wont be surprised if they only give us a few months notice.

Put money on them announcing something at E3, which is what, July? Guarantee their first trailer will have a line at the end saying 'Coming in September', seeing as thats always a good dumping time for games.

I've been here since August 2006. Look at the joined date, not the post count.
You've got a point. So, you registered here, then went away for some time (or been inactive, I don't know), then came back (or suddenly started posting wildly or so), just to be able to claim you're older? Impressive!

So, you of olden times, educate us youngsters: when is it coming out?

*cackles manically* I win the oldest fight!

Wait...

There's no need to fight. Sometimes, long-time members of this forum should be less rude and more tolerant. Every newcomer is welcome.

Yo' couch, bitch! You know what to do!

You've got a point. So, you registered here, then went away for some time (or been inactive, I don't know), then came back (or suddenly started posting wildly or so), just to be able to claim you're older? Impressive!

So, you of olden times, educate us youngsters: when is it coming out?

Actually, no. His postcount was reset by one of the mods. It used to be well in the thousands.

edit: I'm looking forward to EP3 this year but I've lost the fire. As much as I want to relive my episode 3 buzz of a couple years ago when I finished EP2, I simply cannot. Time and Valve's silence have dissolved my excitement and optimism. "Maybe next month," I always said. It didn't happen.

It never happened.

It will never happen.

I wasn't being hostile, I just think that it's funny that all the newcomers create new topics about stuff that has been discussed to death, and the old thread for it can be found not too far from their new post in the first place. I think I'm entitled to share my feelings about how much that annoys me. It's happening quite a bit lately too.

But, then again, who am I to judge? My first post on this forum was the exact same thing.

Hey, I'm not just coming on here to say "SHUT UP LULZ" I'm just saying, we're not really getting anywhere by spamming out shit and saying "LOL MUST HAVE NAO PLZ"

And yes, I know the irony of spamming you with a "be patient" thread and accusing people of spamming. And yes, I am new, but that dosn't mean I'm new to forums. All I'm trying to say is, it's coming soon, and apparently, so are most of you.

PeteyMax considering this thread has little to no actual purpose to begin with, we're going nowhere no matter what we post.

There's no need to fight. Sometimes, long-time members of this forum should be less rude and more tolerant. Every newcomer is welcome.

Quoted For Truth dude.

Hey Petey don't feel bad, I registered this month too!

hey dude,, we should make a protest in front of their office.. makes signs.. wear costumes..

hey who knows ? we might appear on youtube

oh and another thing.. i guess the reason why its long because valve wants more sales, more people to play HL2 n episodes before they release newer.
just imagine a new gamer, he would definitely play the latest n not touch the old. but as you know HALF LIFE 2 is a phenomenal game.. 5 stars everything.. no one plays the old. excitement builds up franchise, just like indiana jones movie(old lame movie but 700million revenue))..

another reason is.. episode 3 is the last installment for episodes,not series. so.. episode 3 has a major impact on Half Life 3. They need to plan the story perfectly, as far as Half Life 3 for episode 3 to come out. but seriously.. RELEASE IT VALVE !!!

The simple fact is, if you dont like it; go on the internet and complain...oh wait.

Give Gabe an email. He, weirdly, responds quite frequently to fans with questions about future projects.

He even came here to HL2.net to start a few threads and answer questions etc. It was awesome.

Though dont expect any reply other than 'We're working on it'.

There's a lot of speculation about Valve reworking Source engine to make it run on OSX and Linux. So, a new engine could be the cause of the huge delay. Just to fantasize, maybe Valve is going to release a new collection of HL2+Episodes, sort of a new Orange Box for PC/OSX/Linux, and maybe PC gamers could put their hands on the XB360 enhanced versions they are waiting for. And... maybe... Portal 2?

Back