Black Mesa:Source question

serious_ivan

Reaction score
I saw BMS official trailer and i am wondering is that valve's work. Anyone knows release date or who made BMS? Is that animation or real in game video, because that doesn't look like source engine.

It is not Valve's work. It is the Source engine. Animation has nothing to do with anything. It's a mod. Google.

There is no set release date, all we know that it should be soon as in it will be in 2009. Everything is in game and is just a remake of the original with the goodness of Source made by some fans. Valve have nothing to do with it.

From the ModDB Interview:
Release Date = December 31st, 2009, 11:59pm
:p

Black Mesa Source isn't an official game, it's a modification based on the Orange Box Source 2007 engine. It is created by a dedicated team of modders who have been working on it for a very long time. The video trailer is created by a guy who has made a few mod trailers and is a talented chap, which is reflected in the trailer!

I honestly think they could sell this with the right... rights.. and so forth.. I would gladly pay the average going rate for a new PC game just to have this.. it looks like it would totally be worth it.

I honestly think they could sell this with the right... rights.. and so forth.. I would gladly pay the average going rate for a new PC game just to have this.. it looks like it would totally be worth it.

picard-facepalm.jpg

LOL WHAT the hell? You people kill me....

I take it that is your way of saying "you just don't get it man.... Modifications are antithetical to the idea of commercialization?" Or am I missing the point? At any rate, the effect is commical (whether there is a point to it or not).

Back on topic:
I was perusing mods after hearing about the contest sponsored by moddb. I watched the "Black Mesa" trailor and was sold. I enjoyed HL1 more than I did HL2, though the new software-engine is impressive.

By the way, I am new here. Hi to all. I haven't played a single HL2 mod. Somebody make a recommendation please. Single-player. I'm not an online-gamer.

Black Mesa trailoorrrrrrrrrr LOL

LOL WHAT the hell? You people kill me....

I take it that is your way of saying "you just don't get it man.... Modifications are antithetical to the idea of commercialization?" Or am I missing the point? At any rate, the effect is commical (whether there is a point to it or not).

Back on topic:
I was perusing mods after hearing about the contest sponsored by moddb. I watched the "Black Mesa" trailor and was sold. I enjoyed HL1 more than I did HL2, though the new software-engine is impressive.

By the way, I am new here. Hi to all. I haven't played a single HL2 mod. Somebody make a recommendation please. Single-player. I'm not an online-gamer.
Well it would be incredibly illegal to charge for the Black Mesa mod (It's actually illegal as it is, as the entire mod is a copyright violation).

The best SP mod for HL2 is Minerva.

Let's see first it is illegal to sell any Source Mod without permission from Valve.
BMS is using copyrighted material of Valve, the story, characters etc are all Valves work.
Valve have been very kind as to even allow this mod to be made, any other company would have slapped them down ages ago.
BMS have done a great job remaking HL, but they haven't done anything special to make it worth selling over any other mod.

Let's see first it is illegal to sell any Source Mod without permission from Valve.
BMS is using copyrighted material of Valve, the story, characters etc are all Valves work.
Valve have been very kind as to even allow this mod to be made, any other company would have slapped them down ages ago.
BMS have done a great job remaking HL, but they haven't done anything special to make it worth selling over any other mod.

i thought they changed the story up a bit?

Thanks for this info. I was not aware of this.

It would be such a bitch move for a game company to deny fans from remaking a classic game for free. I don't really see them as being "very kind" as just being reasonable.

Who asked for a remake? Let me guess: no one, but 13-years old gimmicks.

Whut?

But we've already played the game multiple times, just with less impressive graphics.

It would be such a bitch move for a game company to deny fans from remaking a classic game for free. I don't really see them as being "very kind" as just being reasonable.

Trust me they are being very kind. Most company's would never allow fans to remake their most popular game for free. I mean most don't even like you using their models or stuff. I remember some fans trying to remake Resident Evil and got slapped down with a cease and desist order.

Yeah because we all know that correct English on an game forum is the most important thing in the world and worth going off-topic about.
Big YAY for native English speakers for feeling so important being good at their own language. Im sure you feel very smart now!

Post eens op een Nederlands forum zoda wij ook eens kunne lachen met de fouten die je maakt in een andere taal.

Don't take it personal but I'm so tired of native-english speakers doing this all over the net! It's arrogant, egoistic and shows the lack of respect for other people!

... and yes I made some typos too but "I don't give a shit!" (= English expression)

We also have non-native english speakers here who do things like that. Happy now?

That doesn't make it better. If they jump off a bridge, do you jump too?

So to answer your great question; Im not happy! Try harder please!

So having good english is equivalent to jumping off a bridge? ;)

Yeah because we all know that correct English on an game forum is the most important thing in the world and worth going off-topic about.
Big YAY for native English speakers for feeling so important being good at their own language. Im sure you feel very smart now!

Post eens op een Nederlands forum zoda wij ook eens kunne lachen met de fouten die je maakt in een andere taal.

Don't take it personal but I'm so tired of native-english speakers doing this all over the net! It's arrogant, egoistic and shows the lack of respect for other people!

... and yes I made some typos too but "I don't give a shit!" (= English expression)

I'd like to express agreement here. I'm sure it's been said a million times, but hassling people for grammar on a forum is really pathetic, especially when the post in question still clearly communicated its point.

I used to post regularly, even obsessively, on a number of forums. As each of those forums grew, the number of disrespectful people quickly increased, and eventually I lost interest completely. I'm only even here now because I got that 'change your password' e-mail. My original account here was deleted due to inactivity some years ago, despite, from memory, having a couple of thousand posts behind it.

Anyway, my point is, (directed at anyone who does, such as giant384) you may feel nice and witty for deriding other people, but in truth there's no value to it, and it drags down the quality of the human race. Approach people with support and respect, and that positivity will find its way back to you.

Ciao.

You can edit your posts, or multiquote, rather than double/triple posting.

Will do. So where is the edit button? I'm overlooking it. edit: nm, i found it.

Ah okay, so giant384 was just being kind of anal. When I type at a forum, I consider the conversation to be casual, as if I were there in person, rather than formal. I would venture a guess that most regulars do too, so sorry gian384 but I think you are in the minority. I communicated well enough in my post.

Ah okay, so giant384 was just being kind of anal. When I type at a forum, I consider the conversation to be casual, as if I were there in person, rather than formal. I would venture a guess that most regulars do too, so sorry gian384 but I think you are in the minority. I communicated well enough in my post.

i never said you didnt communicate what you wanted well enough. it got the point across in a paragraph that i had to re-read a few times to get the jist.

i never said you didnt communicate what you wanted well enough. it got the point across in a paragraph that i had to re-read a few times to get the jist.
U fergot A kapitle there, your 1tse lettres is a lowwer case letters insted of Big lettres u know?

-ddoo

/jk

Back