Which is better?

• Aperture Science

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • Black Mesa

Votes: 19 59.4%

• Total voters

Taco Wiz

Reaction score
Make your case on which scientific organization is better.

Aperture Science not only developed functioning Portal technology decades before Black Mesa, but when it did so, it didn't cause the apocalypse. Therefore, Aperture is better.

Please do not vote without making your argument. This isn't about which one is "cooler", but about which is better at what it does.

Have you seen Aperture's facility? It blows Black Mesa out of the radiation. Which, really, is kind of silly. Threw plausibility out the window. Forget canon, let's just make it FUNNY.

Black mesa because its cooler cuz it had gorden and alienz and you shoot things with guns and you meet gman who is you from future!

I would still say Black Mesa though. granted their "portal" caused a shit storm, they did discover alien life because of it

I voted for Black Mesa because Gordon Freeman works there. I, uh... I don't think you can get any better than that. Besides, Aperture Science failed with GLaDOS and they all deserved to die.

Aperture Science not only developed functioning Portal technology decades before Black Mesa, but when it did so, it didn't cause the apocalypse.
Have you played Blue Shift? There are old, abandoned teleporter facilities in Black Mesa too. Also, Cave Johnson, and by extension Aperture, doesn't really know what the hell the word science means. Or marketing for that matter.

Black Mesa was a sprawling Facility that had it's own road and rail network. They also did weapons research and rocketry among a million other things. They launched satellites ffs! They discovered aliens, opened gateways into a new dimension, and precipitated war on a cosmic scale! Have all of you forgotten the sheer scale and glory of Black Mesa? The assorted secrets and horrors it contained?

9999999 days later after the events of portal 1, the aperture science facility still remains fully functional. While black mesa was destroyed long before that.

9999999 days later after the events of portal 1, the aperture science facility still remains fully functional. While black mesa was destroyed long before that.
By a nuke :/

aperture science is way better.. for the same reason as the first comment..

Black mesa is where Gordon Freeman worked. Aperture made curtains. The end.

And by the way, where did you get the idea that aperture came up with "portals" before bm? And the only reason black mesa sent the world to hell is because of the gman.

How exactly are we defining 'better'? They're fictional science facilities, not flavours of chips, for heavens sake.

Anyway, my vote is for Black Mesa. It has that ugly, industrial feel to it. Aperture is too modern: white, sleek and gay.

Black Mesa had that gritty industrial feel to it. Aperture Science felt like a mental institution.

Black Mesa = Gravity gun , Aperture = Portal Gun .
If two is one then a new weapon have made : Gravity-Portal Handheld Device :D

Aperture destroyed itself, but Black Mesa destroyed the world. Ergo, Black Mesa wins.

While Aperture science is big, it all feels empty. Black mesa feels just as big, but so intricate and a lot more maze-like.

Back