BlackOps: Who are they?

SOCL

Reaction score
Who the hell are the BlackOps we spotted briefly in Half-Life and fought "tooth and nail" in Opposing Force? I mean, I realize their jumpsuit-wearing, muscle enhancer-taking ninjas with guns, but for whom do they work? Why, besides the thermonuke, were they sent to Black Mesa? Who ordered them sent after the Marines' arrival (and gave them permission to kill Marines)? Any ideas?

I have a few, among them the fact that they are...associates (or are in some way conected) to the Gman...

I do not beleive they are connected to the Gman, in fact there really was no reason for them to attack you in Opposing force, since I'm sure Valve planned to have them working alongside the grunts but you know...Gearbox strikes again.

Samon said:
I do not beleive they are connected to the Gman, in fact there really was no reason for them to attack you in Opposing force, since I'm sure Valve planned to have them working alongside the grunts but you know...Gearbox strikes again.
I suppose that makes sense, but now it's after the fact and it has to be accepted that the BlackOps did attack grunts. Perhaps, though, they simply had orders to deliver the thermonuke without interferance and then leave, leaving open the door to kill anyone they deemed to be interfering... Additionally, they probably didn't care since the bodies of shot-up Marines would be toast after the nuke was set off. Then again, though, does anyone remember that conversation Adrian Shepard overheard between two male BlackOps? They said something about why they are always the ones who have to clean up when the grunts screw up... This implies the fact that the Marines have messed things up in the past and the BlackOps have had to take over... Any thoughts?

SOCL said:
I suppose that makes sense, but now it's after the fact and it has to be accepted that the BlackOps did attack grunts. Perhaps, though, they simply had orders to deliver the thermonuke without interferance and then leave, leaving open the door to kill anyone they deemed to be interfering... Additionally, they probably didn't care since the bodies of shot-up Marines would be toast after the nuke was set off. Then again, though, does anyone remember that conversation Adrian Shepard overheard between two male BlackOps? They said something about why they are always the ones who have to clean up when the grunts screw up... This implies the fact that the Marines have messed things up in the past and the BlackOps have had to take over... Any thoughts?

Well again, its Gearbox's script, not Valves, and since Valve aren't continung Race X either its safe to suggest that its simply a Gearbox hiccup. I'm inclined to believe your "shoot anyone on the way out since it'll be blowing up anyway theory."

Samon said:
Well again, its Gearbox's script, not Valves, and since Valve aren't continung Race X either its safe to suggest that its simply a Gearbox hiccup. I'm inclined to believe your "shoot anyone on the way out since it'll be blowing up anyway theory."
So it's like Jurassic Park III or Star Wars I: The Phantom Menace: everyone pretends it doesn't exist?

Even so, the BlackOps seem to be a military or paramilitary special operations group with females. This rules out all conventional military specops units since none of them have females. Perhaps they're part of the CIA's Special Activities Staff? I always had a theory that they might have been from another nation... Here's the idea:

The Black Mesa incident is triggered and news reaches D.C. The White House orders the forces as Santego in Arizona to go in and clean up, but they can't seem to get things under control. Meanwhile, D.C. blames the incident on the computer system (or something else) at Black Mesa and point fingers at the nation who constructed it. The other nation, trying it's best to cover it's own a$s, sends it's hard-hitting commando force to nuke the place and get rid of any evidence that they screwed things up without alerting D.C. or the Marines. Then again, though, this would go in direct opposition of the conversation between the BlackOps overheard in Opposing Force...

The idea of the BlackOps being with the Gman, though, has to do with the convenient arrival of a thermonuke at Black Mesa. if the Gman hadn't intended or counted on a nuke to arrive to destroy the place, they you have to wonder what he planned to do with Black Mesa...

SOCL said:
So it's like Jurassic Park III or Star Wars I: The Phantom Menace: everyone pretends it doesn't exist?

Even so, the BlackOps seem to be a military or paramilitary special operations group with females. This rules out all conventional military specops units since none of them have females. Perhaps they're part of the CIA's Special Activities Staff? I always had a theory that they might have been from another nation... Here's the idea:

The Black Mesa incident is triggered and news reaches D.C. The White House orders the forces as Santego in Arizona to go in and clean up, but they can't seem to get things under control. Meanwhile, D.C. blames the incident on the computer system (or something else) at Black Mesa and point fingers at the nation who constructed it. The other nation, trying it's best to cover it's own a$s, sends it's hard-hitting commando force to nuke the place and get rid of any evidence that they screwed things up without alerting D.C. or the Marines. Then again, though, this would go in direct opposition of the conversation between the BlackOps overheard in Opposing Force...

The idea of the BlackOps being with the Gman, though, has to do with the convenient arrival of a thermonuke at Black Mesa. if the Gman hadn't intended or counted on a nuke to arrive to destroy the place, they you have to wonder what he planned to do with Black Mesa...

Well I accept that it exists, just don't take it for fact ;)

Thats not half-bad that theory, but I like to simply think that they came into conflict due to hazy orders.

I recall a bit in OpFor where you're in a vent shaft and overhearing two black ops. Something about how they had to clean up the grunts' (marines') mess.

Black Mesa personnel is killed by aliens.
Marines kill Black Mesa personnel and aliens.
Black ops kill Black Mesa personnel, aliens, and marines.
Gordon kills everybody excluding Black Mesa personnel (although he could if he wanted to).
G-Man can, I assume, whipe out anything and anybody inside Black Mesa as well as their their respective families.

There's the Half-Life foodchain.

I didn't. And won't. Because it costs money. Because I dislike its storyline. Because I'll begin begging on the forums for Adrian Shephard to be included in Half-Life 3.

Remember in Opposing Force when you go through training and are sent away from your barracks you can walk around and see marines heading off in those wierd helicopter and if you look up to the right when you first leave the barracks you can see the GMan talking to a CO through a window. So I think the Black Opps were sent by the Gman by pulling strings in the higher government to clean up Marines that obviously knew to much compared to the Black Opps who weren't shot at when they came in and only stayed mostly on the surface.

Absinthe said:
I recall a bit in OpFor where you're in a vent shaft and overhearing two black ops. Something about how they had to clean up the grunts' (marines') mess.
That's the bit to which I referencing. The BlackOps sounded almost as though they've had to do this sort of thing before.

Samon said:
I haven't played Opposing force in awhile. I should do.
I can't...it doesn't work on XP. Speaking of which, does anyone know of a patch or something available to allow HL, OpFor, and Blue Shift to run on Windows XP?

iMMuNiTy said:
I didn't. And won't. Because it costs money. Because I dislike its storyline. Because I'll begin begging on the forums for Adrian Shephard to be included in Half-Life 3.
I didn't realize there was such anamosity towards OpFor and Adrian Shepard... Yeah, the story wasn't very good and the game was a little dark (lighting, that is) for my taste, which consequentally makes most of my memories of that game in flourescent green because of the nightvision. Even so, though, you got to see some crazy stuff going on after Gordon left for Xen. In any event, I don't think we'll ever be seeing Shepard again.

Though it would be neat to think the Gman would pit him against Freeman. Imagine it, during a mission, Freeman comes across someone similiar to the Gman with similiar abilities, but who offers Freeman the opportunity to be free again. In response, the Gman's associates order him to release Adrian Shepard to hunt down and kill Freeman in exchange for Shepard's own freedom...

Samon said:
Strange, my Opposing force works on XP.
:frown: That's odd. Could it have something to do with the fact that I am trying to install the collector's edition that has HL, OpFor, Blue Shift, TFC, and CS?

I think the Black Ops are commando of secret government group (or mayby G-man´s personal guard). Black Ops kill marines from HECU after soldiers officialy pull-out, they killing remaining soldiers (like Shephard and gang). And soldiers don´t like Black Ops idea of nuke in BM.

I've got to say, I loved Opposing Force.

And I'm of the firm opinion that the Black Ops were simply extremely high-level government soldiers, sent in to clean up what the soldiers couldn't. The soldiers were sent in simply to contain the incident; when it turned out they had a full-scale invasion on their hands, the Black Ops were sent in to nuke the entire place before the situation could get any worse - and to hell with any soldiers who got in their way.

Sulkdodds said:
And I'm of the firm opinion that the Black Ops were simply extremely high-level government soldiers, sent in to clean up what the soldiers couldn't. The soldiers were sent in simply to contain the incident; when it turned out they had a full-scale invasion on their hands, the Black Ops were sent in to nuke the entire place before the situation could get any worse - and to hell with any soldiers who got in their way.
That sounds about like what I believe, but I still believe they are in some way (perhaps very distantly) connected to the Gman. Perhaps this was Gearbox's idea since VALVe had said nothing and no one knew of Gman's abilities in HL2 at the time. Perhaps this was simply Gearbox's explanation for who is he Gman (in this case: Government-man).

The things that bugged me most about OpFor was the darkness (and that to see I basically had to use nightvision throughout the most of the game) and the fact that the Pit Worm level was exactly like the Blast Pit level in HL, only in this case you had to turn a "valve" and turn on a "gearbox"... :rolleyes:

SOCL said:
That sounds about like what I believe, but I still believe they are in some way (perhaps very distantly) connected to the Gman. Perhaps this was Gearbox's idea since VALVe had said nothing and no one knew of Gman's abilities in HL2 at the time. Perhaps this was simply Gearbox's explanation for who is he Gman (in this case: Government-man).

The things that bugged me most about OpFor was the darkness (and that to see I basically had to use nightvision throughout the most of the game) and the fact that the Pit Worm level was exactly like the Blast Pit level in HL, only in this case you had to turn a "valve" and turn on a "gearbox"... :rolleyes:

Yeah, pit worm rather sucked.

At this point, I very much doubt Gman is a government man. (Gman is also, not his official name)

I heard that although Gearbox pretty much crafted the narrative of OpFor, it was based on Laidlaw's writings.

I think the idea of the black ops being connected to G-Man closely is unlikely. The dude can stop time. The world's his oyster. Why would he need a bunch of fallible mammals doing his dirty work? But then that begs the question as to why he'd even need Freeman. But then that also begs the question as to why he'd pitch them against... BAH!

It should all make for a very interesting wrap-up!

SOCL said:

Ok dude, Jurrasic Park III rules, Jurrassic Park II however, doesn't exist.

The Black Ops were sent in, by the government, as a bomb delivery squad with direct orders to nuke the facility at all costs.

I suspect that small groups of black ops were originally sent in as backup for the marines, or at least used that as a cover story. But once things went downhill, they sent more with 'kill everything' orders.
Reasons:
-Since the nuke was delivered by hand, it would mean that the Ops were already there with a nuke on hand and/or the government didn't want a missle showing up on radar.
-Gordon runs into some Ops well before the marines started pulling out, plus they may have been working with a group of marines at the time.
-Some of the dead marines called the Ops 'traitors', which would follow the sudden switch from ally to enemy.

Since the Ops are secretive though, all we really know is that first part about the government and the nuke.

Also, yes, Jurassic Park 2 put the ass in jurassic. 3 was much better and under-rated. :p

I didn't realize the Jurassic Park III comment would get such...response... :rolling:

In any event.

Samon said:
At this point, I very much doubt Gman is a government man. (Gman is also, not his official name)
Yes, with this I also agree, but I wasn't talking about our PRESENT-DAY perspective, I was talking about Gearbox's perspective when they made Opposing Force. Additionally, Laidlaw has stated that the ideas and backstories for HL has changed dramatically over time. This could imply that Gearbox said, "Hey, since no one's talking about who or what Gman is, let's just imply he's a government man of some sort with whom the BlackOps are working as henchmen of a sort." At no point did I or anyone else say that the Gman is a government man nor that it has been stated officially in the past, I just thought that perhaps Gearbox took their perspective on the idea and went with it WITHOUT making anything 100% clear and, thus, open-ended.

Absinthe said:
I think the idea of the black ops being connected to G-Man closely is unlikely. The dude can stop time.
Again, I was talking from the perspective of someone at Gearbox while creating Opposing Force. At that time, no one knew the Gman could stop time, much less anything else except what was shown at during HL.

Mechagodzilla said:
-Gordon runs into some Ops well before the marines started pulling out, plus they may have been working with a group of marines at the time.
Just because they were there before the Marines doesn't mean they were working for or with the Marines. Have you ever heard of an advanced guard? They're people who go ahead of the lines and begin to skirmish (people who have played games like Age of Empires would know them as skirmishers). Further, note that the ones who came BEFORE the Marines were pulling out were few, far between, lightly armed. This implies some sort of scouting unit, possibly trying to figure out where best to place the bomb (as far as available locations since some places were being held by Black Mesa resistance, others by left-behind Marines, and others still be aliens). Further, note that when the Marines pulled out, the BlackOps moved in en masse. This more-or-less implies that some sort of warning was given to the Marines to pull out. Yes, yes, they did tlaking about bombing the sh!t out of the facility via air strikes, but Marines on the ground don't order air strikes, Marine GENERALS do, generals who were probably told by some higher power (by this I mean a government offical--and by that I am not refering to the Gman) to leave soon or not leave at all with the excuse of a major air strike (whether it was as major as the games' characters said it would be or if it was simply a ruse/show-of-force to keep inline with the story makes little difference).

Mechagodzilla said:
-Some of the dead marines called the Ops 'traitors', which would follow the sudden switch from ally to enemy.
People in the USA who support the current war in Iraq call those who don't support traitors, but does that make them real traitors? People in the USA also call France a traitor for not backing the war in Iraq, but does that make France a traitor-filled nation? This can be written-off as simply ignorant/uninformed Marines (it's not like their commanders would sit down and tell them everything about a CLASSIFIED operaiton) talking to each other about the state of matters in Black Mesa. I mean, if I started getting shot at by people I thought could possibly help (whom I had never before met), I might also call them traitors of sort!

SOCL said:
People in the USA who support the current war in Iraq call those who don't support traitors, but does that make them real traitors? People in the USA also call France a traitor for not backing the war in Iraq, but does that make France a traitor-filled nation? This can be written-off as simply ignorant/uninformed Marines (it's not like their commanders would sit down and tell them everything about a CLASSIFIED operaiton) talking to each other about the state of matters in Black Mesa. I mean, if I started getting shot at by people I thought could possibly help (whom I had never before met), I might also call them traitors of sort!

Ok dude, what the ****. Seriously, I'm just going to pretend you didn't say that, the whole bit about Iraq and France, that has absolutely nothing to do with ANYTHING in this discussion. Even if it DID have any relevance whatsoever, which it doesn't, those things happened AFTER HL1. But it doesn't matter, because what the **** am I continuing to talk about this, seriously, you really derailed the thread with that comment, infact you just took a 90 degree turn into Dumb Shits Lane.

Anyway, Valve obviously wanted the marines to call the blackops traitors because well, they turned against them. End of story.

Pesmerga said:
Ok dude, what the ****. Seriously, I'm just going to pretend you didn't say that, the whole bit about Iraq and France, that has absolutely nothing to do with ANYTHING in this discussion. Even if it DID have any relevance whatsoever, which it doesn't, those things happened AFTER HL1. But it doesn't matter, because what the **** am I continuing to talk about this, seriously, you really derailed the thread with that comment,
Hey, man, just chill out. JIf it means that much to you, I take it back, man. Any how, it's a comparison I have seen, read, and heard MANY people use. Besides which, man, if you are going to pretend I didn't say it, you didn't have to cuss me out and flame like that.

Permerga said:
infact you just took a 90 degree turn into Dumb Shits Lane.
Whoa, dude, no need to flame and insult me over it. I seriously meant nothing by it. Just take a deep breath and let it out calmly.

I honestly feel a little more hurt than insulted...

No, I don't have any personal affections for the war or France, the entirety of the post was a flame. I was just emphasizing my disgust with your ignorance.

Pesmerga said:
No, I don't have any personal affections for the war or France, the entirety of the post was a flame. I was just emphasizing my disgust with your ignorance.
My ignorance? I apolgize if you believe such, but I neither claimed that those people who call France or those in opposition of war traitors were correct in doing so (i.e. I never called France a traitor, nor did I call the people in opposition to the war traitors, much less vice versa). My personal opinion has yet to be displayed anywhere in these forums concerning either the war or France's role in current events, so what ignorance is it to which you refer? In fact, you may be surprised by what I believe.

Anyway, I apolgize if you misunderstood the comment because of possibly-bad phrasing on my part, but there was no need to insult me.

SOCL said:
I can't...it doesn't work on XP. Speaking of which, does anyone know of a patch or something available to allow HL, OpFor, and Blue Shift to run on Windows XP?

Well, first you must have installed teh original HL1® game to play Opposing Force...

Have Phun

SOCL said:
Again, I was talking from the perspective of someone at Gearbox while creating Opposing Force. At that time, no one knew the Gman could stop time, much less anything else except what was shown at during HL.

I know, but if I'm correct, then it was based off of Laidlaw's writings. It would make sense for that to be the case, as Valve couldn't allow Gearbox to screw with the HL canon.

SOCL said:
My ignorance? I apolgize if you believe such, but I neither claimed that those people who call France or those in opposition of war traitors were correct in doing so (i.e. I never called France a traitor, nor did I call the people in opposition to the war traitors, much less vice versa). My personal opinion has yet to be displayed anywhere in these forums concerning either the war or France's role in current events, so what ignorance is it to which you refer? In fact, you may be surprised by what I believe.

Anyway, I apolgize if you misunderstood the comment because of possibly-bad phrasing on my part, but there was no need to insult me.

I'm not talking about your beliefs or claims, I'm talking about your post. Maybe you're just assuming I care about politics or something.

Really. Look at Pesmerga. Could such an innocent creature care about politics? I say not.

Oh, and mind his sig, SOCL. It's there for a reason

Okay, we know that one of the black ops objectives was to destroy the facility. Before the marine pull out a small force may have been sent in to assist the marines in taking care of Freeman and to scout out possible locations for placing Thermonuke(s) if they screwed up. so heres a time line kinda thing that I have come up with:
1. Resincae cascade - aliens pour into the facility
2. Marines called in, The scientists beleve that they are coming to rescue them. They are infact being sent in to silence the facility and kill all the aliens.
3. The marines reach the LZ and are given their orders. they move out and begin their mission.
4. The personell of the BMRF realise that the marines are not there to rescue them, but rather to kill them, the aliens and to seal the facility.
5. The BMRF personell begin to mount a resistance against the marines. this, combined with the ever increasing number of alines ariving in the facility causes major problems for the marines.
6. The first Black Ops teams arrive, and are sent to assist the marines in killing Freeman.
7. The marines, having taken signifcant casualtys in BM begin to pull out. all the mariens are ordered to pull back to the LZs for EVAC and the marines begin an ariel and artillery bombardment of the facility to seal the entrances/exits.
8. The marines complete their pull out as best they can. However, a few of the marines are left behind becasue they could'nt reach the LZ in time.
9. The Black Ops recive their orders: go in, link up with their recon teams, get a nuke, place it, set it and get the hell out. kill anyone who gets in their way*.
10. The Back Ops place and arm the nuke. Shepard disarms it, but it is rearmed by the G-man.
11. the Black Ops pull out and go home for tea and medals.

* This is because the personell of the BMRF already regaurd the govenment as their enemy and would fire on them. Also if they came across the marines and had them help them they would have to provide EVAC for them, and if they came into close contact with The Black Ops operators they may have comprimised their identity and they would have had to kill them, also if the mariens found out that they were going to nuke the facility they may try to stop them because there were still other marines down there. If that happend the marines could have caused major problems. Remember, these marines now know the lay out of the facility and could launch ambushes, blow up unstable parts of it, etc. So it was simply (they beleved, it turned out that the marines were quite a problem any way) easier to shoot everyone. I think they are simply a highly trained unit of CIA special forces used to do the US govenment's dirty work.

As for the G-man I do not beleve that he is acctually a "G-man" but during the events of HL1 he had got him self a position high up in one of the US intelligence agencies, eg the CIA becaus before the BMI he was recruting marines for a specific mission at teh BMRF and they had to be experts in close quater, indoor, urban combat (which is quite a narrow market for military operations) and they had to be ready incase "it" happened, so it appers that the G-man did suspect that there might be somthing that would go horibly, terribly wrong at the BMRF. Also, he can be seen talking to a marine (probubly an officer) at OP4's boot camp.

It should also be noted that the phrase "Black Ops" refurs to denyable operation and thus, the whole Black Mesa Fiasco (even before the the cascade) was a black operation.

Pesmerga said:
I'm not talking about your beliefs or claims, I'm talking about your post. Maybe you're just assuming I care about politics or something.
Funny, I never assumed such a thing. More funny, though, is the fact that you never truly explained why you chose to insult and flame me. If I understand correctly, you don't believe that my comparison was relevent or had any basis for the conversation. If that is true, then again, why insult me? If you say something and I don't like the comparison, it would be childish for me to insult you over it. But then again, you have yet to make clear why you chose to be rude and abusive towards me.

iMMuNiTy said:
Oh, and mind his sig, SOCL. It's there for a reason
Okay, but does that make what he did correct and acceptable?

Bob_Marley said:
I think they are simply a highly trained unit of CIA special forces used to do the US govenment's dirty work.
The CIA's Special Activities Staff (SAS), not to be confused with the British, Australian, and New Zealand SAS's (Special Air Service).
I agree with you, Bob_Marley, that's about how I saw it. I was just trying to put out other ideas to see if I could get more new ideas floating around.

I played through most of Opposing Force and recall some interesting conversations.

First, when Shepard finally makes it back to the crash site of what I assume was the V-22 Osprey "heliplane" aircraft he was aboard, one can hear over a nearby radio (conveninantly and neatly placed on a table...) another Marine, probably an officer, say that their pulling out because "the government has other plans for Black Mesa", then goes on to instruct Shepard to get "topside" so he won't be left behind when they withdraw. This tells us, as suspected, that the BlackOps are federal government special forces operators. Further, the conversation between the two male BlackOps on whom Shepard sneaks up tells us that this sort of situtation has happened before. One of them comments on why do they always have to clean up what the grunts have messed up or the mess the grunts have made. The other then simply says that he wants to get rid of "the package" and get out. On the wall in this same room where you meet the BlackOps are, spray-painted in orange paint, the words "Traiters Die!" This reminds me of the incorrect spray-painted spelling of "You're Going To Die Freeman" (I don't remember the incorrect spelling, but I think "you're" was "your") in a room during the "On A Rail" level of Half-Life, so I assume that those words were written by the Marines.

Further, during a radio message you overhear later on, you come to find out that the Marines on the other end are under fire by "black operations"--the tone in that particular Marines' voice also implies that they have been betrayed. So it's more-or-less safe to say that, indeed, the BlackOps were working together with the Marines at the start, and then, intent on delivering the package and leaving with minimal witnesses (and armed with the attitude of "Who cares, they're goning to die anyway; plus, no one's going to find out if we cap a few Marines"), they begin to shoot-up Marines. What's interesting to note, though, is the fact that both the Marines and the BlackOps thought the operation was going to be easy (the Marines keep calling it a "Baby-sitting job" and the BlackOps mentioned something about it being quick and easy) and both turned out to be severely incorrect.

Nice thinking there SOCL. It could be something like that. When HL1 was released, then HL: Opf and HL:BS, then I thought "hey, now it is time that HL for Spec.Ops will come, to play them as well, so we can learn their story..." Hope their secret will be reveal some day rather to be in secret...

Have Phun

I love that YTMND.

But anyway, /me reckons the Black-Ops were sent in to 'take care of' the marines in the same way the marines were sent in to 'take care of' the scientists.

Oh yeah, that was cool when you found 'surrender freeman!' written on a wall. :E

Look okay the were most likly Delta Force and don't say they're a myth. There contract is open to the highest government bidder to do dirty work, secret assainations, conspiracy, and cover-ups, with the authority to use lethal force. So simple they were sent in by the Gman for unknown reasons because he obviouly has a hand in the government some how (hence being able to talk the CO at boot camp to send marines to a secret facility and being able to give orders to the security and others.
detail

Wow, Pesmerga, you really don't have anything else to do. To bad whoever made that can't spell, either.

calscholar said:
Look okay the were most likly Delta Force and don't say they're a myth. There contract is open to the highest government bidder to do dirty work, secret assainations, conspiracy, and cover-ups, with the authority to use lethal force. So simple they were sent in by the Gman for unknown reasons because he obviouly has a hand in the government some how (hence being able to talk the CO at boot camp to send marines to a secret facility and being able to give orders to the security and others.
detail
Funny you think they are Delta. I wrote a short story that had the BlackOps as Delta Force--the number and speed of the BlackOps would just about fit the description for Delta, the only problem is the fact that the BlackOps included females. Then again, they may have been special intelligence operatives who actually exist in the Army. That's interesting, though, given the anamosity/rivalry between Marines and Soldiers...it makes you wonder if the BlackOps took a little demented pleasure in shooting Marines....

They aint Delta. Delta is the US army's special counter terrorism unit and they dont do the whole skin tight lycra thing seen in OP4 or have female operators. The are infact a cheap copy of the SAS. But that's beside the point. Bassicly the black ops are an Uber secret higly trianed special combat Unit probubly attached to one of the USA's intellegnece agencies. leave it at that. we dont know who they are and never will. and if you want a final idea of who they are: They're GDI before it was GDI, (Black Ops Echo 9 or somthing like that) the silent fist of the UN. so bassicly just leave it that they're a highly trianed, highly secretive special operations force that has no direct connection to the regular armed forces of the USA (so no they're not the SEALs, Marine Recon, Delta or any others you can think of). thread closed.

Bob_Marley said:
They aint Delta. Delta is the US army's special counter terrorism unit and they dont do the whole skin tight lycra thing seen in OP4 or have female operators. The are infact a cheap copy of the SAS. But that's beside the point. Bassicly the black ops are an Uber secret higly trianed special combat Unit probubly attached to one of the USA's intellegnece agencies. leave it at that. we dont know who they are and never will. and if you want a final idea of who they are: They're GDI before it was GDI, (Black Ops Echo 9 or somthing like that) the silent fist of the UN. so bassicly just leave it that they're a highly trianed, highly secretive special operations force that has no direct connection to the regular armed forces of the USA (so no they're not the SEALs, Marine Recon, Delta or any others you can think of). thread closed.
In other words, they have no moral obligations or qualms about killing off marines.

http://www.snowball***/delta/img/delta-force-main-5.jpg

Delta Force.

femassassin.jpg

Not Delta Force.

Back