Borderlands 2 "gameplay blowout"

Missiles on the left tree. Utterly ridiculous. As is the utter pathetic nature of the shield talent.

Yeah, shield is pretty pathetic, it breaks extremely quickly even against low level enemies. Does the Longbow Turret increase shield health along with turret health?

I've seen a few videos of this and decided I could never put up with the bullet sponging. It's one of the most annoying things in a shooter game.

What skill did you add to the turret that made a huge difference? I'm probably going to respec soon.
I pretty much specced all the way down to stacking on the left tree and now I'm either working my way down the Gunpowder or Survivability trees. Since you mentioned the Phalanx shield is pathetic, though, I guess I might work down Gunpowder.

Maya Bitch is pretty flimsy still. Doesn't seem like she will be survivable until late game. Which is a shame, because she has cool abilities. Also, it seems a wide-build is a must for her tree. All the good stuff is at the top, none at the bottom. Not sure if I should continue with her, or stop while I am ahead.

Had the best glitch happen to me today. Jumped into a random room and spawned immediately in Sanctuary. Walked 20 steps over to the golden chest and decided to get some great loot. The Golden Chest popped up and I immediately switched out both weapons for some lvl 19 purple guns. Then noticed I have $0 cash to open the Chest again but decided what the hell I'll try for it again. Whammo!! The Chest opened miraculously and I swapped out more guns. Decided to try it again, same thing. This went on and on then I yelled to everyone to get their asses over to the Chest. I kept opening it and said for everyone to fill their inventories and everyone kept getting lvl 16 Purple which was so much fun. Did that for an hour, filled all of our safes, even sold a lot of gear and got tons of E cash from gambling and went to upgrade and made my backpack even larger.

I'm not sure how this glitch worked but it was a lot of fun. So many Purple shields, guns, bazookas, you name it. Best day ever I've played with this game because afterward we went out and leveled to lvl 19 so fast because of a quest you can repeat by killing this boss guy (having a brain fart right now) and have someone repeatedly ask the quest giver to repeat the mission. (the mission requires you to walk back this guy to trap him but someone stands at the questgiver while the others kill the guy over and over again gaining massive xp over and over again. Wish I could remember the name)

EDIT:
Borderlands 2 Tundra Express Side Quest 2 You are cordially invited: RSVP – This one is a bit odd but easy. You need to lure the target back to the cave. He is in a bandit camp so you might have to kill a few bandits if they are all coming at you. Be sure to find out who he is so you don’t kill him. Also if you drop his hp to low he will start to limp and walk slower so keep it at half is you can. If he starts to walk away just shoot towards him and he will turn back around and start to chase you. Once he is in the cave you will have beat the quest and can turn it into Tina.

Why would people want to exploit the game for items, money and XP. What the hell is the point in playing if you're going to do that.

Yeah I had a look of confusion while reading Warped's post.

But that's nothing new.

Yeah, exploiting the game like this kind of kills the purpose for me, but whatever floats your boat.

Anyway, does anyone find the game a bit too easy? I remember in the first one it really mattered which level the enemy was and you had to really work for it sometimes. I'm playing Zer0 in this one (played Mordecai in the first, so the playstyle is similar) and I often just walk into an area and score headshots on the enemies (most of them, some are a bit tricky when they move too much) without really taking much cover, because unless there's some strong melee enemy charging me, I'm often far enough for the enemy fire to be inaccurate and the shield soaks up the bullets that do hit.

In single player I died like 2-3 times (I'm level 13), I did die a few more times during the hour or so that I played co-op with a friend, where I assume the enemies were twice as hard and my friend was a few levels below me, so I guess all-in-all it was like 60% harder.

Also, I don't think I've seen a quest with a difficulty higher than normal.

That said I did fail to [Dam Fine Rescue spoiler ahead]

Kill W4rd3n before he escaped with Roland (I assume that was doable), so now I have to get him elsewhere. The amount of enemies spawning successfully stopped me from doing damage to it's shields fast enough and I ran out of sniper bullets.

So the game has it's harder moments, but it seems a rarity.

Also, I joined the Wasted-My-Golden-Key-At-Level-8-Not-Knowing-It's-The-Special-Chest Club. I picked up the weapons and ALT+F4ed figuring it'll either save my progress with the weapons in my possession and no key, or it'll lose the progress and I'll get to use the key again. Turns out the game had another option in store for me - no weapons and no key. Ho!

It really depends what character you are playing. As Zero or Axton, the game is cake... As Maya, not so much.

I suppose it needs balancing then - all characters should be more or less equal, no?

I personally don't find the game to be cake as Zero, though I play in a party of 3 (along with a Siren and Gunzerker). Having a Siren with a rez ability is a godsend, really helps the party through the tougher areas of the game.

Yeah, that's part of it. I mostly play solo because I don't have time to play when my friends are on. She's very difficult to solo, but I imagine with her healing tree she is decent in Co-Op.

The issue with Maya is that all of her good abilities are at the top, and if you go down one tree her abilities tend to become less useful. So you have to do an awkward wide-build with her, which takes very long.

Zer0 gets knocked down a lot, but the cooldown of his ability makes him crazy good at taking out enemies.

Yeah I can't count how many times Maya has saved our asses in boss fights and the like. Zero does get downed quite often, I find he is most useful when focussing really powerful single targets while the commando or gunzerker take most of the shots from the weaker enemies.

Why would people want to exploit the game for items, money and XP. What the hell is the point in playing if you're going to do that.

For starters I wasn't exploiting the game, it was an in game glitch that I took advantage of for a very brief time compared to how long I've played the game. Secondly this game has the best balancing which meant we fought off pretty hard enemies once we got the best loot around. And Thirdly within about 20 minutes of game time we leveled quickly past our newly acquired loot and although they seemed great at the time it didn't last long. It was simply a blast having very great loot and feeling the raw power of switching between a full inventory of high level gear. I'm pretty sure if it happened to you guys you'd at least grab a few guns and try it out also

I know it sounds like its exploitation but just for curiosity's sake it did happen again when I was in a full game again. This time I took only a new shield right before we ventured forth and I didn't tell anyone about it. Regardless what you think the enemies were much tougher (lvl 14) and they felt like our level (average lvl for each of us was around 18). but i think it all relates to your gear and averages like any good RPG. I simply love this game though, ever time I log in I know its going to be fun and so far the story is getting better and better, the setting is amazing and the game screams addiction. I have all ready played half of what I did with the first game and I think I'll be playing this game for months at this rate

I know it sounds like its exploitation but just for curiosity's sake it did happen again when I was in a full game again. This time I took only a new shield right before we ventured forth and I didn't tell anyone about it.
You should, like, just stop talking.

Blahh, so I logged back into Borderlands, and Steam said I either had to upload files to the cloud, or download them to my machine. I downloaded them to my machine and my character is set back by at least two hours. Lost all my new gear, and a long quest I finished.

Did this happen to anyone? Anyone know how to fix it?

Mechromancer is out today.

And ZT: There's no way to fix it. Cloud saves will overwrite local saves when you download. Valve really needs to make this a bit more obvious, I almost did the same thing.

http://www.examiner.com/article/borderland-2-mechromancer-dlc-erasing-game-saves

Everyone is just itching to jump on Borderlands 2 and download the new Mechromancer class DLC but you might want to hold off for just a little longer. Reports are coming in that downloading the Mechromancer DLC and patch released Oct. 9 may make you lose your hard earned progress.
Users on the Giant Bomb community have lost Badass ranks, golden keys, skins, heads, and in extreme cases even character saves. So far this has been reported for PC and Xbox 360 but I wouldn't rule out PS3 if the other 2 platforms are having issues. Today you might want to disconnect your system from the internet or play in offline mode just to make sure you don't lose all that you have achieved so far in Borderlands 2.
This is a known bug in Borderlands 2 but with the new patch it seems to have amplified things a bit at least for the time being. Keep an eye on the official Borderlands 2 forum for updates on this issue.
Today might be a good day to grab another game off your shelf and work on those achievements/trophies you have been missing.

seems a little early for DLC doesn't it?

I know right? I hit lvl 26 and all my friends are on new characters. I play when I can but holy crap people get some fresh air from time to time. And DLC seems early to me but maybe that was their plan so people don't go out and buy other games and lose interest

Damn, that came out fast.

I was going to save the Mecromancer for the Season pass and all the side missions. I am not so sure yet, she has the strangest skill trees that seem to vary between super easy, and totally confusing. Not at all what I was expecting for a summoner class.

Also, no backstory for her character :/

Also feels like I am playing an annoying preteen character from Invader Zim or some shit.

/whine whine whine

Think I'll just use Axton for my next playthrough. Not really crazy about this class.

I'm leveling her up now, and there is a hint of that in her gameplay. In game, all I hear are her comments (like when I'm comparing weapons, or she gets a headshot, which aren't bad), but there's some tape of her online to fill some backstory which definitely sounds like an annoying preteen (I was hoping she'd sound like Tiny Tina, whose preteen dialog is hilarious). Her skill tree does get weird fast, but it's apparently meant to be 'easy, medium, and hard' if you focus on any single one of them... I don't have enough skill points yet to really explore those options, but I'm not a fan of Anarchy (leveled it into the 100s once to try it out, but I just can't give up weapon accuracy). Deathtrap is a beast though - he lasts a very long time. Maybe he's overpowered because I'm only at level 8 with her? He usually winds up with maybe 20 seconds of following me around after wasting everything on screen, with little or no damage. Maybe later on he'll be scrapping for his life, but he should have some good buffs by then.

Also, I'm loving Claptrap's little locker - I'll leave very nice weapons/shields/grenades behind from my more advanced characters (as they grow out of them) for those that are some levels behind. It's very handy to step into a higher level and have good level-matching weapons ready to go. I have Axton at L37 (second playthrough), Maya at L25, Gaige at L12, and I'll be starting Zero here shortly. I may forego Salvador as I forewent Brick in the first Borderlands.

Back