Boy or Buy Which One Are You?

BlueWolf72

Tank
Reaction score
buy4602.jpg

I was inspired to do something stupid and funny in my opinion. I never expected in my wildest dreams to see this stupid boycott to reach a lame and epic astonishing 39,987 Members. Even Jordan Gaither (EXAMINER) makes a good point about this awesome drama.

Never mind that the Super Mario Bros., Sonic the Hedgehog, Zelda, Castlevania, Metal Gear Solid, Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, Gears of War, and Halo franchises (not to mention dozens of others) all charged for their sequels. No, Left 4 Dead owners have somehow, by purchasing the first game, entitled themselves to every single improvement on the franchise from that point forward. Quite the savvy business transaction

So what did I do are you asking. I did what no one thought of. I created a non boycott steam community. Full of epic win, I will purchase Left 4 Dead 2 and I will even gift it to random users so they to play it. Each new member I gift or get to play Left 4 Dead 2 will be a hit in the nuts to the amazing boycott. With many sites getting to play Left 4 Dead 2 destroying any truth to the boycott why do we still consider this to be a group.

Don't get me wrong if you honestly don't like to play Left 4 Dead and was never a fan I can respect that. To complain about a game sequel and hype it up like it has been over the last couple weeks I wanted to take a stand. So you can boycott and you can be a buyer. I choose to be a buyer!

Unfortunately it's already been done. Beaten to the punch! Also this has been discussed to death, the conclusion I think we all reached was that the boycott group consists of idiots.

KA, you do realise that BlueWolf didn't set up this group and you linked to the exact same group as him?

Ya there is a enthusiasts group but they are dead group.... Ive got one new member in the group I won one person over I must continue my new calling.

Normally I don't take issue with people who want to boycott products, after all, its thier right. But I'm so sick of listening to them act as if valve has taken away something they were promised or owed that I've joined this group.

This is stupid. And stop saying "epic", and "epic win."

But Krynn, this thread is full of epic win.

you're one creepy guy

I am not a video game or in the mod community.

Thank you Vegeta for the kinds words. I just might gift this to you!

Sir, I do believe you missed the sarcasm.

And why do you hate vegeta just because hes not a video game? You're a jerk.

Ohh I got the sarcasm... You missed mine.

I got more members YAY...

Hah! Spoon-fed the lies, with free merchandise, you'll follow anything.

Capitalism at it's best!

I will join when I get the chance ;)

Theres 4 members now. We have enough for a game of L4D2 now! Screw you, boycotters, we don't need you :p

when it gets 50% off I might buy it.

So far I've seen very little that interest me about this one, other than some new objectives (Which seriously, thats a mapping thing that can be done currently) and random maps through the AI.

The new infected...meh, charger might be OK, so might be the spitter. Incinderary ammo? Stupid. Nonflammable zombies? Stupid. Armor wearing zombies? Maybe once in a great while. but seriously? No. Stupid.

And last but CERTAINLY not least. Daytime. Seriously? SERIOUSLY?

Frak that.

Overall, stupid crap added to make it seem like it warrents a new game rather than an update. Write me off on this one. I'll still be playing L4D 1, because that game is actually quite a bit of fun.

Actually...if these are the updates they have for L4D, I'm downright extatic they are NOT free and ruining L4D1! Because most of these changes are bullshit.

I'll probably buy it, but probably not as soon as it's out (like I did for pretty much every other Valve title since HL2). Probably the first time it's up for a weekend deal, though.

The new infected...meh, charger might be OK, so might be the spitter. Incinderary ammo? Stupid. Nonflammable zombies? Stupid. Armor wearing zombies? Maybe once in a great while. but seriously? No. Stupid.

Frak that.

Overall, stupid crap added to make it seem like it warrents a new game rather than an update. Write me off on this one. I'll still be playing L4D 1, because that game is actually quite a bit of fun.

Actually...if these are the updates they have for L4D, I'm downright extatic they are NOT free and ruining L4D1! Because most of these changes are bullshit.

To me, you're coming off as a person who likes to bash things for no apparent reason. Why can't one of the L4D2 campaigns be set in the daytime? Is it bad for the Infected to be lurking about on the streets in the light? Atleast give us some information about why you didn't like this put into that before you make such strong statements against an unfinished game.

Definitely buy. I'm bound to piss some people off with this post, but the HL2 Ep3 fanboys can wait. It's Valve's game, I say let them do what the want with it.

I'll wait a while(or at least until the first Steam sale) before buying it...L4D1 is still new, and there are many other games that I'm far more interested in. And I hate to say it, but I also want to see if Valve will support it better than they did L4D1.

I'm buying it and the thread title makes me think of bisexuality. Goddamn subliminal attacks.

Theres 4 members now. We have enough for a game of L4D2 now! Screw you, boycotters, we don't need you :p

I laughed so hard at this.
The title of this thread isn't as catchy as you may think. Boy or... Buy?

when it gets 50% off I might buy it.

So far I've seen very little that interest me about this one, other than some new objectives (Which seriously, thats a mapping thing that can be done currently) and random maps through the AI.

Frak that.

In case somebody else missed this, I'd like to point out that you're an idiot.

Boy or... Buy?

Some joke involving buying boys~

I'm not overly enamored by what the game looks like so far, but I'm not making any radical calls here. Speaking in absolutes only gives you a chance to be wrong.

I laughed so hard at this.
The title of this thread isn't as catchy as you may think. Boy or... Buy?

never meant to be catchy you boycott it or you buy it but figured only boys do the boycotting it is not called mancotter or mancott. There is so many things we can boycott or support but we have the "OMG" LEFT 4 DEAD IS NOT UPDATED. Doug, Chet, Gabe, has said they will and this boycott is spewing some real retards. Will my silly idea work will I get 39k members who will be a buyer probably not but I have 11 and I am cool with that.

I think the main problem with the buy group is that it relies on people that have a life and other things to do and think about than the game, therefor few of those people will notice the group... You need a TV spot, or an XM radio spot. :p

I think the main problem with the buy group is that it relies on people that have a life and other things to do and think about than the game, therefor few of those people will notice the group... You need a TV spot, or an XM radio spot. :p

honestly i made the group on a dare and for fun. Someone told me I wouldnt get one member.

Some joke involving buying boys~

I'm not overly enamored by what the game looks like so far, but I'm not making any radical calls here. Speaking in absolutes only gives you a chance to be wrong.

Hitler could've been right.

heh - mancotter is the latest entry into my personal lexicon, as the definition of a lesbian.

On topic, if L4D 2 is better than the first one, I'll buy it. I can't fault the first game, it's just not fun to me for some reason that I can't put my finger on (and I love games of that ilk).

Sheepo loves the old bait 'n' switch.

Sheep: Maybe Hitler wasn't so bad
Eejit: Yeah
Sheep: ****ING NAZI

Back