Bungie = douchebags

If this were a Sony development house, the Internets would be full of scathing fanboy whiners. Glad to see it works the other way around too every once in a while. :thumbs:

The point is it is crap no matter who it belongs to.

Not all consumers are smart. It'd probably confused people if they said the game natively ran into 640p. I mean, Bungie just said it doesn't run at 720p natively RIGHT THERE. Are you that much of a douche that you're gonna start calling other people douches because a game is natively missing a WHOLE 80 pixels?

Didn't you READ what Bungie said?
The 360 has an upscaling chip that upscales it for them.

YOU are a consumer, you get screwed over way more, and with way bigger things then this.

Not all consumers are smart. It'd probably confused people if they said the game natively ran into 640p. I mean, Bungie just said it doesn't run at 720p natively RIGHT THERE. Are you that much of a douche that you're gonna start calling other people douches because a game is natively missing a WHOLE 80 pixels?

Didn't you READ what Bungie said?
The 360 has an upscaling chip that upscales it for them.
Did you even read the whole thing? Sure they admitted it. Then gave a half-assed answer which seems to be trying to confuse people. The whole bullshit about double the resolution due to frame buffers is wrong. Then they have the gall to insult their customers in the last sentence.

EDIT: I know I get screwed over a lot as a consumer, but most companies don't come out afterwards and call me a moron afterwards.

Did you even read the whole thing? Sure they admitted it. Then gave a half-assed answer which seems to be trying to confuse people. The whole bullshit about double the resolution due to frame buffers is wrong. Then they have the gall to insult their customers in the last sentence.

To me it sounds like they are only "insulting" people who are blowing this WAY out of proportion, like you are. I mean, not buying a game just because of a "problem" like this that you won't even notice is pretty stupid.

I'm sure no one would have ever found out about this had it not been for people trying to dissect every last bit of the game to look for something to bash it with.

Are you guys seriously pissed off because it runs at 640p?

Who cares...?

Play the game and either like it or don't.

No, they're pissed at Bungie's response. If anyone is really pissed at 80 someshat missing pixels, they should go kill themselves.

Are you guys seriously pissed off because it runs at 640p?

Who cares...?

Play the game and either like it or don't.

QUOTED FOR TRUTH

It's a game, who cares about the 640p bullshit

Isn't advertising a product at 720P and lying about it false advertisement?
Its sad but true, that if this were sony, there would be lawsuits by now.

I'm glad to see you're among the people who don't give a shit when a company not only lies to your face, but then has the audacity to insult people who figure that out.

Rock on with your bad self.
I'm sure you're among the people who boycott game companies and think you're actually making a difference. I'm sure Bungie respects your assertive, "I see what you've done and I don't appreciate being lied to so I'm not going to purchase your game" stance.

I'm sure they're taking a vaunted interest in what you, and others like you, have to say, while they're counting their PILES OF F*CKING MONEY.

Keep raging against the machine with your bad self.

Why not just ****ing buy the game based on whether the fact you like it or not as opposed to them rendering at 640? It seems like a really stupid reason to not buy the game. You act like they drained your bank account and planted a trojan in your computer. They lowered the resolution in order to get some better lighting effects at a better fps. Big deal.:rolleyes:

Why not just ****ing buy the game based on whether the fact you like it or not as opposed to them rendering at 640? It seems like a really stupid reason to not buy the game. You act like they drained your bank account and planted a trojan in your computer. They lowered the resolution in order to get some better lighting effects at a better fps. Big deal.:rolleyes:
Agreed. It's quite funny to read about people getting upset by this.

Next will come the "How would you feel if ___ said they'd give you ___, then gave you ___ instead."

How would you feel if Bungie said they'd give you cock, then gave you a rooster instead?

"Whatever, just give me something quickly to kill so i can EAT!"

I'm glad to see you're among the people who don't give a shit when a company not only lies to your face, but then has the audacity to insult people who figure that out.

Rock on with your bad self.

Seriously, its just 80 extra pixels vertically right? Yes, its a bad way to do business by lying to your customers, but who really cares about losing 80 pixels? It doesn't change how the game plays or anything, it just looks slightly uglier.

Uh. As I understand it, Bungie cut 80 pixels so that they could put it through two different buffers so that their game will run SMOOTH and still LOOK GOOD. If you're going to debase a company because they're more worried about having a smooth running game rather than a 720p/1080p game, then you need to reconsider what is more important as a gamer. Graphics or gameplay?

Infact, i'd like you to point out any noticeable difference between 640p/720p/1080p. Unless you're a complete visual freak that looks for the tiniest of details on the pixel level, I highly doubt that you'll find a noticeable difference, especially during a fast action scene. As far as I know, most people don't play with their faces 1 millimeter from the screen with a magnifying glass.

Wow, any threads involving Bungie turn into such biased trash.

The point of the thread is about a matter of principle (incorrect information on the box about specs), and about the response to that being discovered.
It's not about whether Halo3/Xbox are good/bad/ugly. If you want to argue about that there's a long-ass thread further down the page.

Well, sick of this stuff now. Fanbois of both sides spewing bile and getting overly defensive at any sign of critisism of their own favourite. Ugh.

Wow, any threads involving Bungie turn into such biased trash.

The point of the thread is about a matter of principle (incorrect information on the box about specs), and about the response to that being discovered.
It's not about whether Halo3/Xbox are good/bad/ugly. If you want to argue about that there's a long-ass thread further down the page.

Well, sick of this stuff now. Fanbois of both sides spewing bile and getting overly defensive at any sign of critisism of their own favourite. Ugh.

Sums it up quite well.

Well I concider myself relativly unbiased because the sum of my Halo experiance is 5 minutes on the PC demo.

Now, I looked at the back of the box for Halo 3. I'm pretty damned sure it says "720P/1080i/1080P" and not "640P."
So the box says Halo 3 supports 720p/1080i/1080p. The game can run on 720p/1080i/1080p. I don't see the problem. Perhaps it could have been phrased more accurately but I bet most consumers would want it to be phrased in more familiar terms.
As for Bungie's response, I think that the tone aims to convince people that it isn't a big deal, because they are right - e-drama can get a little over the top at times.

In other news, molehills are now mountains, storms occur in teacups and dramas turn into crises!

I'm sure you're among the people who boycott game companies and think you're actually making a difference. I'm sure Bungie respects your assertive, "I see what you've done and I don't appreciate being lied to so I'm not going to purchase your game" stance.

I'm sure they're taking a vaunted interest in what you, and others like you, have to say, while they're counting their PILES OF F*CKING MONEY.

Keep raging against the machine with your bad self.
As much as I agree with Bungie, i have to say. this is a rather terrible reason to disagree with the OP.

As if.

sillycharlimitlol

If this were a Sony development house, the Internets would be full of scathing fanboy whiners. Glad to see it works the other way around too every once in a while. :thumbs:

The point is it is crap no matter who it belongs to.

Too true. Funny thing is....it actually reads like Sony drafted their response to the criticisms. LOL.

As much as I agree with Bungie, i have to say. this is a rather terrible reason to disagree with the OP.
I'm not exactly disagreeing with him. Or rather that wasn't the point of my post. Point is, he's getting antsy and saying, "I'm glad to see you don't care when a company lies to you" over a couple pixels. Really, if he doesn't buy the game, he doesn't buy the game. Is Bungie supposed to care? It's rather ridiculous. And that, "Rock on with your bad self" comment, what was that? Because someone doesn't care about OMG 640P and just wants to play and enjoy the game? Pff.

And that, "Rock on with your bad self" comment, what was that? Because someone doesn't care about OMG 640P and just wants to play and enjoy the game? Pff.
Maybe you didn't read the post I was replying to. It was sarcastic as hell. Sarcasm was met with sarcasm.

I get that most people on here don't seem to care about it. I never even would have noticed it if I had purchased the game. Even if all they had said was that it was 640p I wouldn't have cared. To be honest, it's not the greatest looking game ever, so that wouldn't really matter. It was the way they handled their response that didn't sit well with me.

Let's say I order a burger at a fast food place and they end up leaving off the tomato that it's supposed to have. If I go up to them and point it out the least I expect is the courtesy of saying "Oh, yes, we forgot it, sorry." If, instead, I recieve a reply like "Yeah, it's not on there, you gonna keep whining about it?" I'd be rather turned off from the place. Having worked with customers before, and having been one, you don't necessarily have to molly-coddle them, but they at least deserve a nice response. Now, if they're stubborn or hostile, that may have to change, but still, there's no reason for name-calling. It's un-professional and it's un-called for.

EDIT: And on the burger example: I've had similar things happen before where they treated me sub-standardly for pointing something out. When recieving responses like that, I've chosen to avoid going to those places ever again. If they won't at least pretend to care about their customers, I see no reason to support them.

I'll probably still buy an X360 for Too Human and Mass Effect. But Halo 3 won't be on my list.

I'll probably still buy an X360 for Too Human and Mass Effect. But Halo 3 won't be on my list.

Well that's a shame, it's easily goty for me so far. Halo 3 also looks fantastic in motion. When 4 or 5 grunts are flanking you, tanks are in the distance and brutes are flying through the air on jetpacks, who really cares that it's in 640p, or that Bungie acted just as any other company would in a similar situation?

Halo 3 on Legendary 3 is ****ing awesome. It'd be a shame to miss out on what is easily one of the best games on the 360 (the best imo) simply for the sake of being stubborn in a situation that really doesn't call for it.

or that Bungie acted just as any other company would in a similar situation?
I beg to differ. I haven't seen many companies write such a response to an issue. It's bad public relations. Most companies try to do a better job about that.

Many wouldn't bother reply at all, let alone explain themsevles. How many companies do you see admitting fault and saying sorry these days?

Many wouldn't bother reply at all, let alone explain themsevles. How many companies do you see admitting fault and saying sorry these days?
Fair enough. But if you're going to make the effort, you might as well do it right. It seems more retaliatory than apologetic.

Maybe things will change after they're back out from under Microsoft. Doubtful, I know, but possible. At least then they won;t be constrained simply to Halo. Though something tells me they'll go back to Marathon and hype integration with the Halo universe.

Possibly. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want a Halo 4 at some point (i'd sell my nut for an fps Arbiter spin-off), but the prospect of some new games, or even a sequel to Oni with co-op!, is a welcome one. Bungie are a great development team that get singled out simply due to Halo's success. Getting out from under its shadow, if only for a few years, will be no bad thing.

Possibly. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want a Halo 4 at some point (i'd sell my nut for an fps Arbiter spin-off), but the prospect of some new games, or even a sequel to Oni with co-op!, is a welcome one. Bungie are a great development team that get singled out simply due to Halo's success. Getting out from under its shadow, if only for a few years, will be no bad thing.
A new Oni would be ridiculous awesome. Especially with all the modern physics and graphics resources at hand. While I certainly enjoyed Oni, I always felt it could be so much more. I think that's definitely possible now.

heh, yeh. I lost the other during the war. Blown off by shrapnel. I meant my left nut :)

Maybe you didn't read the post I was replying to. It was sarcastic as hell. Sarcasm was met with sarcasm.

I get that most people on here don't seem to care about it. I never even would have noticed it if I had purchased the game. Even if all they had said was that it was 640p I wouldn't have cared. To be honest, it's not the greatest looking game ever, so that wouldn't really matter. It was the way they handled their response that didn't sit well with me.

Let's say I order a burger at a fast food place and they end up leaving off the tomato that it's supposed to have. If I go up to them and point it out the least I expect is the courtesy of saying "Oh, yes, we forgot it, sorry." If, instead, I recieve a reply like "Yeah, it's not on there, you gonna keep whining about it?" I'd be rather turned off from the place. Having worked with customers before, and having been one, you don't necessarily have to molly-coddle them, but they at least deserve a nice response. Now, if they're stubborn or hostile, that may have to change, but still, there's no reason for name-calling. It's un-professional and it's un-called for.

EDIT: And on the burger example: I've had similar things happen before where they treated me sub-standardly for pointing something out. When recieving responses like that, I've chosen to avoid going to those places ever again. If they won't at least pretend to care about their customers, I see no reason to support them.

What if you didn't even like Tomato's! and that it wouldn't actually matter, as you was just doing it to make a point?

Back