Call of Duty Black Ops

There are bigger maps than that, Nuketown is tiny. The other maps are slightly bigger, but like BadHat said, crampt.

Nuketown is hilariously bad.

I've found the other maps to be a pretty good size, not that much running around with nothing happening.

Black Ops SP is one of the WORST Sp experience ive had in my gaming life

EVER

Black Ops SP is one of the WORST Sp experience ive had in my gaming life

EVER

You can't have played many SP games then. *Checks posts* Ah, it appears you only ever play SC2 so that explains it.

Yeah I was going to say, from what I've seen the campaign looks like great fun.

I thought it was pretty comically bad. Its always just too over the top and unbelievable. Plus a few extremely corny events. Not to mention the poor animation and graphics. Just not impressive.

Not to mention the poor animation

I always thought the animations were one of the strong points of any cod, with the animation of the main characters body in scripted scenes to the team mates you fight with.

In a group of friends, I'm a beast online. when alone in team death match I suck balls. can anyone explain this?? also i love sitting on the floor in my room like 3 feet closer I perform so much better. which is about the same distance i am with my PC monitor. but yeah i went 26 kills and 6 deaths last night in Nuketown, its almost too easy to wrack up points on that map.

Absolutely loving this at the moment. Got it on 360 as most people I know also did and I've heard that the PC version is just a crappy port. I think I'm about half way through the SP campaign on Veteran and it's been nothing but enjoyable so far (if not frustrating at times!). Treyarch have done an amazing job at revamping the MP as well, so much fun. Never got a chance to play Zombies on WaW, so I can't really compare the two, but it's awesome.

As I also like to waste money, I decided to pre-order the Prestige edition ages ago, so I've been chasing my Cats around with the RC-XD. Next on the to-do list is strap some C4 to it.

Was that even a plot twist? It was almost too obvious.

Anyway, the only time I really went **** YEAH (which I did a lot in MW2, relative to its length) was when you're in the boat kickin' VC ass to Sympathy for the Devil.

Not really liking the MP, the annoying thing is how ridiculous some of the kill streak kills are, was playing Nuke Town, was inside a house in an upstairs bedroom, someone bombed the back yard and I died despite a bomb landing no where near me. Now granted in real life the the house would have been blown to simethereens and I would have died anyway but in the context of COD, especially MW2, if you ran indoors you were generally protected from most kill streaks, now in BO there's practically no way of getting away from them which kinda stinks IMO.

Another thing i hate about Nuketown especially is the frankly ridiculous level of spawn killing, I must have spawned then got nailed immediately afterwards 5-10 times in a row, it was made worse by a chopper hovering overhead raining down unholy death with a minigun, there was just no escape, it's just bad level design IMO, it's like a step backwards in the FPS genre.

Granted it might just be Nuketown that I hate but I think it's sloppy to include what evidently is a broken map when you get any more than 6 people on it and still allow it to be included in 6v6 matches. I think overall though the game is no where near as polished as MW2, but that was to be expected I guess, I've had more lag problems playing BO for the last few days than I ever had with MW2 and the whole thing just doesn't look as nice or as smooth

Not really liking the MP, the annoying thing is how ridiculous some of the kill streak kills are, was playing Nuke Town, was inside a house in an upstairs bedroom, someone bombed the back yard and I died despite a bomb landing no where near me. Now granted in real life the the house would have been blown to simethereens and I would have died anyway but in the context of COD, especially MW2, if you ran indoors you were generally protected from most kill streaks, now in BO there's practically no way of getting away from them which kinda stinks IMO.

Another thing i hate about Nuketown especially is the frankly ridiculous level of spawn killing, I must have spawned then got nailed immediately afterwards 5-10 times in a row, it was made worse by a chopper hovering overhead raining down unholy death with a minigun, there was just no escape, it's just bad level design IMO, it's like a step backwards in the FPS genre.

Granted it might just be Nuketown that I hate but I think it's sloppy to include what evidently is a broken map when you get any more than 6 people on it and still allow it to be included in 6v6 matches. I think overall though the game is no where near as polished as MW2, but that was to be expected I guess, I've had more lag problems playing BO for the last few days than I ever had with MW2 and the whole thing just doesn't look as nice or as smooth

the level is really easy for me, just spam grenades and concussion nades at the start. duck down near the bushes, get a kill, move forward, run from open areas to shade or bushes never run in the center of the map. then in houses, fire your weapon (famas is the best i've seen so far) and instead of reloaded, switch to secondary (dual pistols works great) then instead of reloading those run out of the building then reload or you can stay in there and stab people, by then your team will have heard all the shooting and back you up while you reload. it works every time for me

Oh, one last thing, how come left click fires the right gun and right click fires the left gun?

I'm simply baffled at this design decision.

That's if you have some semi-decent hit detection, it's just a massive suprise to me that they've managed to f*** it up so bad when the hit detection in MW2 was a major improvement over previous titles.

the level is really easy for me, just spam grenades and concussion nades at the start.

modern-warfare-grenade-spam.jpg

Nuketown is literally only good for wager matches. Basically any other game mode is trash, same as trying to play regular modes on rust or shipment. Cluster**** doesn't even cover the half of it.

Oh, one last thing, how come left click fires the right gun and right click fires the left gun?

I'm simply baffled at this design decision.

Because primary fire is left click (right gun is your primary (it's stupid, I know)). Also, console port.

frealz nuketown is crap. first time i played i thought "OH COOL ITS A MAP SET IN A NEIGHBORHOOD lol nope its a third the size of 2fort with merely a truck to separate the two teams. Time to grenade spam."

The game has potential to be a lot of fun but with its current broken spawn system, it's nothing but utter frustration. I thought that i was the only with that opinion but many others are starting to voice their opinion against it too.

This video's a prime example of how just broken it is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVnHLCJdRIQ

You'll find at least a dozen other complaint videos on YouTube ranting about this too.

The worst is when the spawn is in front of the houses on Nuketown. Its hard enough when you spawn in the backyards. IMO, the maps are too small and not open enough. There is almost no reason to even use a sniper rifle.

Edit: Hmmm I have yet to try anything other then Team Deathmatch though.

Hmm, domination? I always thought spawns were fixed for that gametype, ie. at your team's desiginated base or close to the flags you already own.

Now that they fixed the lag (reg still kind of sucks) I'm enjoying this game much more. I think the actual game play improved greatly from MW2, but the continued shitty net code still makes things a bit frustrating. My ping when dead is in the 30s, when alive it's in the 150+ range.

yeah, I'd have to admit this game can be extremely frustrating with spawn raping. they could just add 1 or 2 seconds of invulnerability which could ease the pain. also the games are sometimes horribly unbalanced. some are like 7500 pts to like 2500 pts and everyone loves the games that are more of a tie breaker

yeah, I'd have to admit this game can be extremely frustrating with spawn raping. they could just add 1 or 2 seconds of invulnerability which could ease the pain. also the games are sometimes horribly unbalanced. some are like 7500 pts to like 2500 pts and everyone loves the games that are more of a tie breaker

Yea one of the challenges is to win a game by 2000 points or more. I don't think I've played a game that had a score closer then 2000 point differences.

Been playing a bit more now, 7 hours total I think for multiplayer, it's growing on me a bit, since I've gotten more used to the maps and found a playstyle that suits me well.

However, I must admit, I'm a quitter when I play Black Ops, especially if I'm put into a mid-game session, if I join a mid-game TDM and I see my team is losing with a one to three score ratio, and there are at least two people on my team that have 0 kills and 6+ deaths, I just quit then and there.

I can't help but feel kinda guilty for it.:(

got Hardline Pro today. it lets you randomize whatever is in any of your care packages. so i set my killstreaks as sam turret, care package, and sentry gun (they all require a care package drop), then i randomized all of them and got attack dogs in 2 of them and a napalm strike in the other one. i was not liked in that server.

Been playing a bit more now, 7 hours total I think for multiplayer, it's growing on me a bit, since I've gotten more used to the maps and found a playstyle that suits me well.

However, I must admit, I'm a quitter when I play Black Ops, especially if I'm put into a mid-game session, if I join a mid-game TDM and I see my team is losing with a one to three score ratio, and there are at least two people on my team that have 0 kills and 6+ deaths, I just quit then and there.

I can't help but feel kinda guilty for it.:(

It doesn't matter how your team is doing, you'll still get a good amount of xp/credits for playing.

experienced some laggy ass games today. i did really well but i noticed the guys with party members on the same xbox seemed to have the lowest connection speed.

Played a few of the larger maps last night and avoided domination, had much more fun. Smaller maps + domination = A really bad experience, the spawns are just so bad.

shooting women? shooting castro lookalikes? hmmm, how you changed cod.

*dont have the game

Heh, I played this game and finished it. Singleplayer is enjoyable, if not repetitive, although there are loads of anachronistic inconsistencies. The game ends in 1968, yet:

1. An H&K G11 is available six years before it's first prototype was even built.
2. The first FAMAS prototype was completed in 1971, yet SOVIET troops use mass-produced rifles of this type three years earlier.
3. Liberal use of red dot sights five years before such a device was patented.
4. Steyr AUGs are used nine years before they were even designed.
5. Prototype versions of the Mi-24 Hind were not created until 1969, while the gunship did not enter service until 1972.

Etc. I guess the below image sums up pretty well what CoD is:

A Michael Bay movie you shouldn't expect any sense from.

Those kind of intricacies don't bother me I must admit. I don't think I've ever picked up a gun in COD and thought 'my god this gun can travel through space and time, how can it exist?'. A missing head would bother me and the lack of interaction in the Black Ops Movie does bother me...I didn't realise not shooting a bullet during the take off scene had no effect D: I am pretty disappointed by the SP campaign but I will admit that I did enjoy MW and MW2 quite a lot on that front. The ridiculousness of the lack of playability at some points is laughable...for example when you take off in the SR-71 Blackbird, press left shift to start thrusters, press S to lift off. And that was it...I reckon I'm ready to fly the real thing now.

Back