Can you manipulate the flow of time - Braid

I would go back in time with the complete works of Shakespeare and then hand them to the young actor, thus creating a casual loop in the question of who actually wrote any of his plays...

If I could travel in time some time, I'd travel to the end of all of mankind,

And there I'd find a brother of mine, we'd travel through space,

On his dress-o-ship, we'd fly through the stars, and over the moon.

I would go through time and see when episode 3 would release, then I would also see when L4D25 and TF8 would come out and see how many boycotts start because of it.

Does this assume we can modify the time line? And would we experience those changes or would they result in branches? Assuming the first two, I would travel forward and bring back Half-Life 10 and a machine capable of projecting it's holographic super-realistic graphics and characters straight into my brain. Of course this comes with the danger of "cortex read errors" where you can't stop saying the same thing over and over until the machine is rebooted.

I'd go back in time so I could buy and play all the Half Life 1 era games when they first came out

I'd go forward in time and get my self some kind of super mech then go really far back in time and take over the world.

I'd go back to the 1998 with copy of Half-Life 2 and show Valve what they will be creating in next 6 years :)

If I could travel in time some time, I'd travel to the end of all of mankind,

And there I'd find a brother of mine, we'd travel through space,

On his dress-o-ship, we'd fly through the stars, and over the moon.

OH GOD, THE METER, IT BURRRRRNS

Actually, I forgot to post on this thread, and five other gents won a free copy of Braid. It is too painful to get into the details, but this event triggered a cascading effect in my life, leading to a life full of misery.

For the past 60 years, I have been working to develop a method to travel to the past...to this moment in fact... to correct a horrible mistake and post this exact message that you are reading on this forum. It worked, my God, it worked!

Alas, it is too late for me... I don't have too many years left. But there is a chance, a slim chance, that it is not too late for the younger version of myself in this era. I just hope I am not doomed to repeat the same cycle, again and again, for as long as time exists...

P.S.
To all reading this, you may be curious as to what the future holds... I can only say this: buy a stylish but simple wide-brimmed hat and comfortable shoes; trust me, you'll know.

I'd travel forward in time, to a few hours before the heat death of the universe. Half-Life 2: Episode 3 will have just been released by then, and I'll have just enough time to finish a single playthrough before the universe finally finishes its decay to a state of maximum entropy.

I'd travel into the future to see if the Water Wars mod has been released yet.

Thanks guys..... 5 winners have been selected you will get a epic private message and the Steam key will be awarded. More Steam key contests are on the way. Thanks to those who entered.

First, I will travel to the year 2061. I will find a way to obtain a Vertical TakeOff and Landing plane (VTOL) equipped with a high capacity, multi-barrel, gas-cooled minigun mounted to the fusulage. It will also feature 8 guided air-to-surface shaped missiles and 100+ small-payload unguided rockets. In addition, it will have a weapons system that allows all ordenence to be delivered within 3 feet of the target point. Hell yeah. With VTOL in my possesion, I will travel to Normandy in 1944 during D-day. My VTOL will fly horizontially across the beach, minigunning the bunkers and firing rockets into their firing ports directly before the main invasion force arrives.

Next, feeling that so far I havent done anything worthwhile that doesn't involve Nazis or explosions, I will travel to the Jurrassic era. I will harvest multiple types of plants to change the landscape of the present a bit. Due to the lack of explosions in that image, I will be doing this all during a volcanic eruption.

Then, I will travel to the year 3000, and attempt to secure technology that would allow me to make an offworld colony. I will take such tech and place it on the far side of the moon in the Jurrasic era, before transporting multiple types of dinosaurs to it. Hopefully, it will remain active long enough for modern humans to recover it.

Finally, I shallmove myself about 10 year into the furture, as technology will hopefully have advance to a acceptable level. There.

DAMMIT!!!
DAMMIT!!
DAMMIT!

I'm going to change it to IF I could freeze time because it still falls into the style of the game.

First, I would wake up at 4:40 in the morning, like I usually do, Freeze time, then sleep for several more hours. Then I would get up, eat breakfast, walk to school, finish my homework in class by getting the assignment, doing the homework in class as time is frozen, and in the process, toy with women's clothing in the classroom.

After school, I would either spend the day on WWW.HALFLIFE2.NET or screw around with people in what is technically my own time-travel. It would be epic.

EDIT!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooo.......

I'd travel back in 199x and tell Valve my great ideas about the future of gaming, asking for a job in the company. :angel:

Thanks guys..... 5 winners have been selected you will get a epic private message and the Steam key will be awarded. More Steam key contests are on the way. Thanks to those who entered.

Are you serious?

Welcome to HL2.net, home to members from all around the world and the shortest competitions known to man.

Are you serious?

Welcome to HL2.net, home to members from all around the world and the shortest competitions known to man.

And will also be annoyed if they were given to members that have below 100 posts and only signed up for a chance to own Braid...

Reckon I'd go back to the first time I loaded Half-Life, for the first journey on the tram.
Blew me away!

I'd go back to when the competition was still open so I could make my post and win the competition.

Just thought of a real obvious one, go a little bit into the future to get the latest lottery numbers then go back and actually play :)

While some people may think I'm crazy, but I would go back to the start of last year and start uni again with the knowledge that I now have.

While some people may think I'm crazy, but I would go back to the start of last year and start uni again with the knowledge that I now have.

I'd go back and switch my major to something like botany which would give me a lot fewer headaches and make my life happier in general.

I had no clue this thread existed but i got the game for $5 and i probably won't play this game for another few months but it does look sweet

Back