Can't install steam

Kinslayer

Spy
Reaction score
Posted this same thread on the Steampowered forums, but I figured I'd give you cocksuckers a shot at it.

Recently, I was getting the common error of "could not connect to Steam network" or some such upon attempting to log in, so I decided in my ultimate wisdom to reinstall Steam.

However, now that I have decided to do so, Steam will not reinstall, giving me the error:

"Error 1335. The cabinet file 'Cabs.w1.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package."

Upon ignoring, I get "Internal error 2350" and the installer closes.

Steam is currently the only service I am having trouble with. All other internet sites and games are working perfectly fine. Help?

Do you have a newly installed AV/firewall running? Do you use wifi?

One time I was downloading drivers only to find them 'corrupt'. Tried multiple times same thing. I just did it from another computer and got it to my PC and everything was fine. Something with the network or site. idk
But I guess since steam also installs while connected online you would have to move your PC. D:

As to why you cannot connect to steam before, who knows.
In the past it was not uncommon to get messages like that during busy times (new game just released). But I'd imagine it is pretty rare these days.

Also...

Back