Car accidents

evil^milk

Tank
Reaction score
I've been involved in at least 3 car accidents (none too serious). One of the more memorable ones was when I backed into my neighbor's car, got scared, and drove away. She had apparently been yelling, but I didn't listen. I was going to my birthday party, and when I got back I ended up paying the damages with my money I had gotten for my birthday. FML

Post your stories!

Been in the car when my mum went into the back of the car in front when I was about 9 or 10. Genuinely don't blame her, the car in front slammed their brakes on for a bird flying in front of them. :|

Last September I parked my car by a tree down in the road, got out of the car and called the police for them to clear it. Some idiot didn't see my car somehow and just rocketed right into the back of it at about 50mph. Miraculously he was all right. My car was completely buckled. Write off.

Those are the only two.

When I was in the first grade, I was sitting in the passenger seat of our family van when a speeding car hit the front-side of our van and the passenger door flew open. All the pokemon cards I was bringing to school flew out the door and down the hill. :(

Read or don't read; i.e. its kinda long. Wrote this for my English 180 class, as a personal narrative, last semester and the teacher ****ing flipped out over how much he liked it. Enjoy.

In spring of 2007, an unexpected even happened in my life where I was required to do something that I had no knowledge of how to do. I have never been put in a situation where, for the time being, I was completely responsible for what might or might not happen, and had complete trust from the people around me. I don’t think I have feared anything as much as that night.
I’m going to tell you about a time I had to attempt to save someone because I never was put in that position before.
I have a friend Emily who just might be the worst driver in Illinois. She pays no attention to the road and constantly seems to be on her cell phone disregarding her accountability to drive. Well, one of the final days before summer two years ago, her horrible driving finally caught up with her.
She first picked me up around noon. For some reason I was not driving that day; that would have adversely changed the outcome of what later happened. I remember picking up some friends, going to a movie, and then ending the night by going to the beach and relaxing for a few hours. After the beach we pursued home, which was not more than twenty minutes away.
It was nearing midnight already, and Emily had to drop us off and make it home so her parents wouldn’t worry about her. She drops off the two or three kids that we picked up before, but strangely takes a bizarre route home, leaving me last to be dropped off. I still never really understood why I wasn’t driven home first, being that would be the most efficient. But I guess she must have wanted to talk to me or something not in front of our friends.
Finally, after driving our friend’s home, we made it to my house and sat in the drive way in front of my home. She started to talk and started to tear up. She wanted to talk about me and, well now ex, girlfriend and how we were. I knew exactly where this was going (this girl is a little of a freak as well as a bad driver), so decided to tell her I was tired as hell and needed to get some sleep. I skip the hug goodbye and run inside. Because I did have a girl at the time, I decide to give her a call and see if she wanted to come over. During the phone call, I noticed Emily calling me on the other line. I led it ring and go to voicemail so she’d get the point of why I just ran out of her car. But to my surprise, she keeps calling. I tell my girl to hold on, and switched lines. What pursued was something out of a horror film.
I hear screaming but cannot make out any words. I hear, somewhat, “hit” “bike” “come outside” “run” in between the screaming and sobbing on the other end. It occurs to me that this combination of words can’t mean anything good, so I hang up and run outside.
I see Emily running down the street in tears. She was frantic, bruised and cut up like she had been in a car accident. I ask her what the hell she was trying to say over the phone, but starts crying even harder. I decide to leave her and find out what happened. I run to the front of the neighborhood, only about a block away, and see an image that is still burned into my memory today. It was like looking at a Chess board; seeing different pieces either fallen or in positions to be taken. The overturned car in a ditch, the still rumbling Harley in the median of the road, and the shattered biker on the curb following a skid of blood. All under the flickering street light above. It was an amazing sight, I felt like I was in a movie at first, though reality soon resumed.
I run to the downed biker and see if he is breathing. He’s not. I check his pulse. There’s nothing there. Blood was running down from his eyes, ears, and nose and he had noticeably bit through his lip upon impact with the curb. I looked at the poor sight and instantly knew nothing could be done. I’ve told Emily to call 911 as she came running up when I was checking the man’s pulse and breathing. They wanted me to try CPR, though I knew and told them there was no way it would work. His chest was caved in; it was like trying to knead dough. EMS was persistent to make me try so I did, and got covered in blood during the process. Not fun.
Cars began driving down the 60 mph street, spinning off into the adjacent ditches in order to avoid the Harley in the middle of the road. Once again, it was a quite a sight. A cop finally pulled up and stepped out of his cruiser. He walked over, casually, and asked if everything was ok. I ask him if he’s blind, and he stepped back and called in for more cops. He let me continue CPR, even though at one point I asked him to step in because he had actually been trained to do that. He even already had gloves on and a protecting breathing mask. But he said no, and shrunk back into his car like a little child. We pay cops too much in my town.
Finally the ambulance got there and began to work on the bike rider. Emily suddenly burst into tears. I still, to this day, do not know the man’s name, but I do know he was a Round Lake Beach Chief Fireman. I think now, if only I talked to Emily in the car before all of this or even drove that day, this all could have been avoided.
Soon after the event, Emily’s parents arrived and an ambulance finally got there. A state police officer, after investigating the racket that the EMS staff was making over the downed biker, took Emily off to the side. She collapsed down and broke out in tears. Obviously EMS was unable to resuscitate the man. I tried to walk over and consul her, but another state officer held me back and told me to go home.
Weeks passed and the memory of that night began to fade until a state process server served me regarding a deposition I was required to go to. The wife of the firefighter decided to sue Emily over her husband’s death. They needed my account for what Emily did earlier that day. Apparently she failed the obligatory drug test at the hospital that night. They wanted me to testify against her.
Of course, because Emily was my friend, I lied under oath. I know what she did that day. I still do not regret the decision and never will. It was an “accident” and should be treated as such. The death of a man should never be compensated by money.
The case is still pending.

had only one weird accident in a parking lot. the place was cramped with cars bumper to bumper and door to door. there was hardly any space between cars. i tried to make a right turn into a parking spot and didnt get in all the way, so i backed out a bit to correct it. my back right door ends up hitting the rear bumper on a parked highlander. both my door and their bumper caved in a little bit. i leave my number and stuff. everything got settled without much trouble.

nothing major, but still a blemish on my record.

Bird shot when it connects with your visor, turns into a fun game called "try not to drop it".

Remember physics 1.01 kids? To get the correct speed measurement, you must combine the speed you are travelling at with the speed the object is travelling at. .'. (Bird = 50kph) + (Bike = 130kph) = (Overall speed = 180kph)

Not fun.

I've never really been in a real accident.

I've drove into a tree before, and twice I tapped a car while backing up.

I've had a million and one close calls though.

Broke my growth plate on an atv.
However, this does not seem to apply as it says Car accidents.
So I geuss I'll try to retool as vehicular accident.

Note to self:
Stop debating self in posts.

My friend when he turned 16 first out of 4 of us decided to take a turn at 60 mph and we skid into the ditch. i thought i was going to die because i didn't have a seatbelt on but who the hell takes a 90 degree turn at 60mph?? we actually looked at the road and there was glass on it but the car only popped 2 tires.

Also another time while driving down the road in winter with some friends we decided to pull the E brake and we skid all over the road and it was fun until i did it at 35mph down a hill and we ended up in the ditch. i had to jump out and stand in 1? feet of water pushing the car out. luckily after a few pushes it got back on the road. needless to say it was very fun and we were relatively safe the whole time

That's what he gets for not having the taste to ask for Hawaiin Punch.

Of course, because Emily was my friend, I lied under oath. I know what she did that day. I still do not regret the decision and never will. It was an ?accident? and should be treated as such. The death of a man should never be compensated by money.
The case is still pending.

Death caused by a complete moron driving around without any care for the responsibility they have chosen to undertake or thought for the lives of others is not an "accident", it's criminal negligence and justice should be served. You can't just wash your hands of killing a man through your ****ing stupidity. The **** is wrong with you? You're both total scum for trying to weasel out of it.

The closest thing ive been to an accident in my six years of driving was when a really really old dude lost his nerve to turn right at a stop sign, and decided to back up into my car really slowly, ignoring my blaring horn. I would have gotten out and taken his keys, but after hitting my car and not noticing he found the courage to make that turn after all. Since it wasnt a hard enough hit to do any damage what-so-ever, I let him go.

7 People died that day.

never been in one and hope it to carry on that way.

that was a freaky story hobbeshax

I drove into a tree at 50mph, destroying my car. I was relatively unhurt, although to this day I still can't fully straighten my left arm. That was 14 years ago, and I've not had another since.

Nope have never been in a car accident, though when I was younger I always imagined that it must feel like some kind of roller coaster.

Two friends up front, me in the back.

This kid was a boy racer. He drove Go-Karts as a kid, so he knows how to handle every car fast around every corner. He was driving a little quick on backroads, usually playing it a little safe. I was in the back dozing off, since I was so fkn tired. Well, I wake up to the car spinning in a very fast fashion. I'm luckily wearing my seat belt, but I still almost ended up in the other back seat. For what seems like and entire minute we are spinning, then we straighten out...it seems like we're going straight...but then I guess he over corrected and we spin THE OTHER WAY. End up hitting a tree going backwards at 60 MPH. The passenger front seat breaks, friend there flies back and we meet heads. I have blood coming from the back and front of my head. Luckily I get up and out and we walk to his house, where his mom makes him drive us home in her car. He just got done totaling his dads 1980 something Monte Carlo.

**** I hate that kid now.

Death caused by a complete moron driving around without any care for the responsibility they have chosen to undertake or thought for the lives of others is not an "accident", it's criminal negligence and justice should be served. You can't just wash your hands of killing a man through your ****ing stupidity. The **** is wrong with you? You're both total scum for trying to weasel out of it.

Morally agreed, but I suspect that story is fiction.

btw dude you are just 20 minutes up the road from me, yay sunny Devon \o/

Two friends up front, me in the back.

This kid was a boy racer. He drove Go-Karts as a kid, so he knows how to handle every car fast around every corner. He was driving a little quick on backroads, usually playing it a little safe. I was in the back dozing off, since I was so fkn tired. Well, I wake up to the car spinning in a very fast fashion. I'm luckily wearing my seat belt, but I still almost ended up in the other back seat. For what seems like and entire minute we are spinning, then we straighten out...it seems like we're going straight...but then I guess he over corrected and we spin THE OTHER WAY. End up hitting a tree going backwards at 60 MPH. The passenger front seat breaks, friend there flies back and we meet heads. I have blood coming from the back and front of my head. Luckily I get up and out and we walk to his house, where his mom makes him drive us home in her car. He just got done totaling his dads 1980 something Monte Carlo.

**** I hate that kid now.

His mom is also a twat. What kind of parent learns that her child almost killed himself and two other kids, and then puts him back in a drivers seat mere minutes later?

Ive had about 3 close calls, one with a truck coming off a slip road onto the M5, one where I drifted across from the fast lane whilst STUPIDLY looking at a map as I didnt know which junction to take in Bristol, and finally at about 5am on my way to Reading I took some back roads as the satnav said it was quicker.

It was the thickest fog ive ever seen, and I was mainly using the satnav to see what corners were coming up, was going way too fast and only just saw the roundabout ahead, screamed round it, thank god there was nobody coming out onto it, else it wouldve been seriously messy.

I was coming back from skiing with a friend and his dad, driving down a snowy 'country' road. Some lady coming the other was chatting away on her cellphone and began to grind the snowbank, so she yanked the wheel the other way, over-correcting, and slammed into us, smashing all the windows, snapping the front axle, and sealing the left back door closed. Everyone was fine though :thumbs:

Ive been rear ended by a car going at about 5MPH.. one time I was driving.. on a driving lesson no doubt. And the other time, I was in the passenger seat.

Ive had a few other close calls though whilst learning to drive.

So you're trying to say I should have testified against my friend and possibly condone her to getting a charge of vehicular manslaughter? (As well as condone her to paying the deceased family heaps of money that her family doesn't have?)

I assssk you. What would you do?

Btw, the story is not fictitious whatsoever.

So you're trying to say I should have testified against my friend and possibly condone her to getting a charge of vehicular manslaughter? (As well as condone her to paying the deceased family heaps of money that her family doesn't have?)

Btw, the story is not fictitious whatsoever.

Christ what a ****ed up, misguided world you are living in.

If they were a real friend, they wouldn't ask or expect you to cover up for them. If you were a humane person, you wouldn't cover up for them either. A man is dead and a family is destroyed because of your friend. Your friend gets away with manslaughter because of you. Not only should you both be charged, but your teacher should be charged for knowingly withholding what could be described as a damning statement against the innocence of your friend, and your own self confessed perjury.

How would you feel if a member of your family was killed by somebody like your friend? would you think it was ok for somebody else to lie to protect the killer, just to avoid paying out on a lawsuit that would ultimately go towards funeral costs / bereavement counselling / lost income for your family? Not to mention the years of suffering that money can't touch, wouldn't you want justice?

Morally agreed, but I suspect that story is fiction.

btw dude you are just 20 minutes up the road from me, yay sunny Devon \o/

Lovely ain't it. Spent the day in Exmouth today. Whereabouts are you?

Yes. She ****ing deserves the charge of vehicular manslaughter. If she had a moral fibre in her body she would confess to it. An innocent man died horribly because she didn't give a ****. WTF makes you think she shouldn't have to pay for what she's done, and that the deceased and their family should suffer instead? If nothing else, she should be banned from driving for a very, very long time - and by the sounds of it, should never have been given a license in the first place.

I hope you get sent down for perjury.

I would always be there for a friend who screwed up. I wouldn't, however, help them to escape the consequences of their catastrophic lack of judgement for which some poor bastard paid the ultimate price. You disgust me.

Anyway, to the topic at hand...been involved in a couple of damage-only car accidents as a passenger years ago. Nothing to write home about. Had a horrendous motorcycle accident in October 2007, went far too fast round a corner for my ability at the time to read the road and lost both wheels on wet leaves. Slid into a tree at 60mph and dislocated my hip and ankle, broke my left leg in six places. I'm still nowhere near a full recovery, I walk OK with a bit of a limp and I can't really jog, run or otherwise do anything strenuous. Often painful and liable to swelling up, but getting gradually better over time. Most importantly, I haven't come off a bike since and I ride every day...the best lessons are usually the painful ones.

Regardless of the ethics, isn't it insanely stupid to confess perjury on a public internet forum on a case that's still pending? If this were SomethingAwful, you'd be fucked.

My Dad had bought a pontoon boat from his uncle, on the way home some guy in a company van sped through a stop sign, we caught the rear corner of his van causing him to swerve and flip over. The impact crushed the front end destroying the engine/axle/etc., and caused our minivan to turn to the side causing the boat's pontoon to rip into the rear corner.

Lovely ain't it. Spent the day in Exmouth today. Whereabouts are you?

Shaldon, on the beach soaking it up :E

Regardless of the ethics, isn't it insanely stupid to confess perjury on a public internet forum on a case that's still pending? If this were SomethingAwful, you'd be fucked.

With any luck, that's exactly what will happen.

I've been in one, nothing really bad happened, except the idiot who pulled out in front of me had to fix a hole in his boat. But meh, insurance gave us $2700 to fix a car we paid $1800 for.

never been in one and hope it to carry on that way.

that was a freaky story hobbeshax

In other news, I have decided to adblock your avatar.

In other news, I have decided to adblock your avatar.

I'm not really here to talk about car accidents (I've been involved in two), I only to point out that I lol'd heartily at this comment.

I know his avatar is supposed to look like luigi, but I can't tell if it is dancing or struggling to take a shit.

I drove into a tree at 50mph, destroying my car. I was relatively unhurt, although to this day I still can't fully straighten my left arm. That was 14 years ago, and I've not had another since.

I then imagine you getting up, dusting yourself off, and walking home in a huff. Then taking it out on the forumers.

Was on the bus coming home from the shops, needed a new Hard-Drive.

We get close to the bus stop, when a moron on a motorbike comes flying through the lights, and get's cleaned up by a Black Holden.

Damage was:

motorbike guy - Few broken bones
car guy - Damaged car / Drunk @ the wheel.

Back