cars 2 looks like shit

Well, I'll hold myself in reserve. They've failed to fail so far.

Why in the hell are they even making a sequel to it? Cars was so boring.

This does not seem like a Pixar film at all. Reeks of laziness. Let's switch up the locations, Tokyo Drift style! A Japanese toilet joke? How original.

So it's not Doc Hollywood anymore?

I never saw the original Cars, this thread doesn't exactly make me want to either.

it disappointed me to see that trailer because it doesn't feel, or hell, even LOOK, like a pixar film. the humor is awful and it looks like a boring cookie cutter bullshit story about something stupid. and i love every pixar film to pieces. except cars. :|

Looks terrible. It's like the kids version of Fast and Furious.

Cars was crap... they need to make another Incredibles movie. That's still one of my favorites they've done. The greatness of it came from the journey of washed up superhero to relevant superhero though. They can't really do that again.

This does look really bad though. It's sad that a character was developed from a character developed by a comedian that is not even that funny. Larry the Cable Guy should never have existed. No comedian in history has ever done this bullshit where they live the life of a character they develop. Imagine if Michael Myers was always pretending to be Austin Powers or Sascha Baron Cohen was always Ali G... or hell... Tyler Perry was always Madea. Everyone would be like "why are you doing this?" and abandon them. I don't know why people still pay money to see this dumbass be more of a dumbass. Now they pay him to be an annoying character in a bad sequel to a not great movie. It almost hurts...

Cars was their only movie that I finished watching and thought "yeah...That was dogshit". I have no desire to even watch the trailer for the sequel.

Cars is the worst film in the Pixar canon because you actually have to be a five year old boy to enjoy it, not because it's bad per se. But, fancy that. An animated movie with British voice talent with references to spy movies.
Why in the hell are they even making a sequel to it?
You have to ask this?

Why in the hell are they even making a sequel to it? Cars was so boring.
They get lots of money from Disney. Good films are one thing but Disney makes shedloads of cash from merchandise. Cars is an extremely merchandiseable and Cars toys sell a lot. Up on the other hand is a fantastic film but is not at all merchandise friendly. If you want them to make more wonderful films like up just put up with the shite that makes them lots of money.

Am I the only one who thinks Cars was ok? That said, this does look pretty sucky.

Am I the only one who thinks Cars was ok? That said, this does look pretty sucky.
With you on this. It wasn't that bad as everyone makes it out to be. It's no Toy Story or Incredibles, but it was enjoyable especially for the younger ones.

They get lots of money from Disney. Good films are one thing but Disney makes shedloads of cash from merchandise. Cars is an extremely merchandiseable and Cars toys sell a lot.
This is the reason behind the sequel and when you look at the trailer and the concept of Cars 2 it becomes blatantly obvious. Cooler cars, spy cars, etc, make for some really cool toys and collectibles!
I was outraged when I first heard they were making a Cars sequel when they could do the Incredibles or something new and amazing that is worth seeing.
I do however think that Cars 2 is going to be more enjoyable to watch than the first one. (It was really that predictable and boring) Not a film worthy of the Pixar branding by an means.

Is anyone disturbed by the fact cars go through air-line security checks and bathrooms like human beings? I mean what the hell!

Is anyone disturbed by the fact cars go through air-line security checks and bathrooms like human beings? I mean what the hell!

Its a movie about talking automobiles in a world without humans, and you're disturbed about air-line security jokes?

Back