directories!
spacey.gif
Ha.
spacey.gif
Haha.
spacey.gif
Haaaa.

You sick son of a bitch.

Also, wtf is with your post. Why did you use an image file instead of pressing spacebar. I hate everything about your post. Except for the Raz part, Thanks for taking the time to update it Raz.

It wasn't that long since the last one, and I don't even think the last one was done in Cartographer(I tried but it kept failing).

You're quick on that Hokey. It'll suck if the server has to migrate to a place where we can't do it as frequently as you do.

I'll spend some time trying to work on it, the overviewer anyway.

I waited three days! That's one day longer than the last. Takes forever to do that too. I actually left to make food and stuff, came back and it still wasn't finished.

Doesn't necessarily have to be done that often. Maybe like once a week and people would probably be satisfied even.

I can imagine how that'd take a lot out of you. It takes a lot out of me when I do this minecraft overviewer render and upload.

Well, I make a new backup every three days or so, just in case. Since i'm already messing with the files, I just go ahead and make a new world zip. Just to get it out of the way.

I need help guys. In order to improve the efficiency of this and only uploading the new files, I need to figure out how I can transform my search results for the latest datemodified, and copy it to a new place that retains all the folder structure.

Right now, after searching, all I can do is copy the file itself... without all the inherent folder structure.

20101009190735capture.png

I could maybe instead delete all the older ones... but the "earlier this month" doesn't work for some reason.

Maybe I'll just do a *.* everything search, listing all files everywhere, and filter it out that way with date modified.

EDIT: Yeah... this might just work. I've cut out nearly half the amount of files I have to upload, since only half were changed from the cache.

Still going to take a couple of hours to upload.

awesome! my mansion looks 10 times better than last time around. also i can see my neighbors making nice touches like the swimming pool and lava falls around. we are evolving this server into a civilization quite quickly

It's a shame that fences aren't rendered.

This place is gorgeous with his multi block high fence that I hadn't thought to do before.

20101009234427capture.png

20101009234759capture.jpg

How the heck did they get over 540 diamond? :eek:

Lot of digging I guess.

People are cheating on the server? That shouldn't be allowed, it undermines everybodies work.

Or maybe they're the notorious diamond thief...

more likely duping though

awesome! my mansion looks 10 times better than last time around. also i can see my neighbors making nice touches like the swimming pool and lava falls around. we are evolving this server into a civilization quite quickly

Tennis court is coming next neighbour! Hope you have a raquet.

*Considers the awesome of craftable tennis raquets*

I've noticed that things are duping themselves in my inventory, like I've got a pair of diamond hatchets now.

I've noticed that things are duping themselves in my inventory, like I've got a pair of diamond hatchets now.

Yeah, that's normal. Don't worry about that.

I'm uploading the new files to the server right now for overviewer. They'll be ready by morning, but you might experience some oddities while I'm uploading right now as they all get swapped out.

EDIT: Or not... vegeta's ftp is being a bitch.

20101017224946capture.png

ARGH!

Steel was a poor choice for flagpole material if I'm to choose it based on its appearance in this renderer.

Well, I am just rendering it out in default textures. I'm sure people will appreciate that lack of texture bias.

Oh certainly. I still might have to go hack out some obsidian now though.

GOD DAMN IT!!!! Someone built at the lava falls!!!! ****ing hell! I thought we all agreed to leave that area alone! Not its got some god awful giant structure. (I would have been ok with the acropolis but the rest of that development is total shit) Way to go A** wipe... whoever you are.

*sigh* I guess if you are new you might not have been here when we decided to set aside certain areas of a particularly spectacular nature. Those falls were deemed worthy of protection and we all agreed not to do any development that was not approved by the community as a whole.

DAMN IT!!!! I move we revert that area back to its original appearance. The acropolis can stay, but everything else must go. The mountain needs to be resurfaced, dirt needs to be put back, and the valley floor needs to be restored.

Also, could put a moratorium on creating text outside the city?

i think i commented about the lava falls construction about a week or so back when i went over there to get a look at it. very disappointing that it's been taken over, but i guess a couple folk toying with the idea of being a ''hl2.net national park'' thing on a forum, in a thread that is constantly getting snowed under by new posts, isn't really a signed, sealed stamp of approval that gets plastered about. i presume someone just came across it and thought what the hell.

weird though, when i took a walk over it looked like the falls had been stopped, but the cartograph has it flowing again. maybe they dammed it up when building and now it's going again.

Holy crapola. That's not just a few hours' work either. In their defense, it's not like it was a very well-marked preserve.

Holy crapola. That's not just a few hours' work either. In their defense, it's not like it was a very well-marked preserve.

I get that. I thought someone put up some signs or something.... It still sucks that someone defaced the whole thing.

The acropolis thing is VERY cool, but the rest of it is just butt ugly. I know I can't make anyone do anything but I'd really like for it to be taken down. If you are going to build around a unique pice of terrain you need a unique building to accent and enhance the natural topography.... you DON'T build a F***ing gray box!

I mean... Who arrives at a sight like that a things "wow that's pretty.... I'm gona destroy it!" ..... WHO!?

I'll create a Preserve threat where we can designate "not build" and "restricted build" areas.

P.S. I know its a game... so if nothing is done to fix it I can just blow it off with a resentful "F**k it!"

That's shitty. I've resigned myself to restructuring the beaches around my lighthouse since someone seems to think that pit mining sand and not even bothering to cover it back over is the greatest thing ever. Seriously considering constructing a Hokey wall.

That happened at my base near spawn. Someone took all the sand and didn't bother to fill it in. You know, it's not like there isn't any more sand just a minute away in any direction.

I still can't find my house. How often is that map updated Raz?

I still can't find my house. How often is that map updated Raz?

Make a compass, stand at your house, face the direction the compass is pointing. Use the /compass command, then follow the opposite of that direction on the map. You just have to keep in mind that the map is rotated 135* anti-clockwise. So what is actually west appears to be southeast on the map render.

Edit: If I remember right, anyway.

The file for the Cartograph has been changed and the map is now just a small square.

Yeah, we're aware of that right now.

Just a whole plethora of problems cropping up.

When does the map update?

Back