Chavez says Falkland Islands belong to Argentina

:borg:
Assimilated.

the people isnt the most important thing in comunisn?

honestly sometimes you seen to support all these just for the glamour of revolution and walk whit a AK47 whit all the people praising you and singing song about you,revolution,and why you are so great

What about the people that live there?

That's the number #1 issue that everyone seems to forget about.

Also the 1833 takeover kind of went like this:

Brit: You must leave these islands.
Argie: Who says?
Brit: I do.
Argie: You and what army?
Brit: The British Army.
Argie: I'll just be packing my bags then.

I think Argentina still has good claim to it as it's so close by and it's historically belonged to them.

What should happen is arrange say a 50 year lease, where we say we'll give it to them in 50 years.

I still think we should ask the people who live there first.

I think Argentina still has good claim to it as it's so close by and it's historically belonged to them.

Same applies to Ireland, for Britain.

What should happen is arrange say a 50 year lease, where we say we'll give it to them in 50 years.
Historicly, Ireland belongs to the UK yet you seem to want it to be independant.

Edit:
Damn, Kirov beat me to it.

The Falklands are cold, wet, miserable and full of sheep. It is therefore entirely appropriate that they belong to Britain.

On a hypothetical note: Say Argentina DID get them. I don't think it would benefit the inhabitants one bit. Quite the contrary I think. But then again, Britain is apparently not the best one at maintaining overseas colonies. The Pitcairn islands come to mind. Damn, I gotta stop thinking about those. They're just so fascinating.

But Britian dosent really maintain the Islands. The only thing the tax payer in the UK pays for is the Military base protecting the Islands. Everything else is funded by the local industry, most notably squid fishing. Apparently most of the squid eaten today is cought in the Falklands.

Then the Argentines should not be allowed to control the Calamari industry!

This is the Cod wars all over again!

Back