Chinese couple sell their kids to pay for MMO habit

Pulse

Reaction score
Destructoid said:
In a story that has left me with my jaw literally hanging open, two parents have been apprehended by Chinese authorities after it transpired they sold their three children to fund their MMO habit.

Li Lin and Li Juan sold their baby daughter for roughly $500, their first son for around $4600, and their second son for the same price. Li Lin's mother contacted officials after she had found out what happened, and the couple was taken into custody.

According to reports, the couple didn't know that selling babies so they could play computer games was illegal. In a country where political prisoners are forced into MMO gold-farming labor, it's hard to distinguish the lines, I guess.

"We don’t want to raise them, we just want to sell them for some money," said the couple, when asked if they missed them. To be fair, you can't fault them for their honesty.

http://www.destructoid.com/chinese-couple-sell-their-kids-to-pay-for-mmo-habit-206989.phtml

Christ.

kids are probably better off. they should just seal the deal and have themselves sterlized

I really wa shock when I read this story.

I hope this doesn't become a widely adopted trend.

It'd be funny if the family had a reunion online

Sold them to who? Jim Sterling, you are a terrible reporter.

And what mmo are we talking about? All the important information was left out of this piece of shit article.

Here's my Jim Sterling review of this Jim Sterling article.

WHAT A PIECE OF SHIT. I'D RATHER EAT A RANCID BUFFALO DONG THAN READ THIS WHORE-MINGLING CUMRAG OF A NEWS STORY AGAIN. 1/10

Comments section:

uberl33tsnip3r - hey fuk u man i rely like this articel u just h8in

Jim Sterling - JOURNALISM IS SUBJECTIVE I'M ENTITLED TO MY OPINION. GO BACK TO THE KITCHEN FEMINAZI SLUT.

WoW, I can't beliEVE this. What parents would create such a Rift between themselves and their own children.

Hopefully it'll be Aions before something like this happens again.

The authorities really need to Warhammer Online down on this sort of thing.

Kathy wants you all to know that not everyone in China is like this.

I let you know of any further updates direct from the source.

Back