Chris Penn, Dead at 43.

Lucid

The Freeman
Reaction score
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Character actor Chris Penn, younger brother of Oscar-winner Sean Penn, was found dead on Tuesday at an apartment near the Pacific Ocean in the Los Angeles suburb of Santa Monica, police sources said.

ADVERTISEMENT

No cause of death was immediately determined but there was no signs of foul play, the sources added.

A family spokeswoman confirmed the death and said the Penn family "would appreciate the media's respect of their privacy during this difficult time."

Penn, 43, was a character actor who appeared in dozens of films including "Reservoir Dogs," "Mullholland Falls" and the 2004 film "Starsky & Hutch."

In one of his best known roles, he played baby-faced criminal Nice Guy Eddie Cabot in director Quentin Tarantino's "Reservoir Dogs." He also starred along with his brother in the 1986 film "At Close Range."

Recently, Penn voiced Officer Eddie Pulaski in the video game "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas."

Reuters/VNU

Source.

He shall be missed. :(

It certainly seems that over the past couple of years that all of the big Hollywood actors/actresses have been dropping dead.

I think I saw him in something once...damn, that sucks. :(

edit: Now I remember, he was in Starsky and Hutch.

jesus, I didn't even recognise him on that picture. Must have died of weight problems I guess.. Big Hollywood actor? Not really. But sad nevertheless.

People die all the time, at least he had a nice life.

Something is fishy.. It says on IMDB he was born in 1965.. Then in the article it says he is 43... Someone do the math.

If imdb is correct, he died at 40 and the news source simply got it wrong

_-_-SELAS-_-_ said:
try reading the first xludi post
Your point? Everywhere I look it says he was born in 1965.. In the news article, it says he died at 43.. Do the math!

he ballooned over the last few years ..he was almost unrecognizable ...I wouldnt be surprised if it was alcohol or drug related ..rip chris penn

watch Short Cuts ..his most under rated role

Sad, but it'll be interesting to see the results of the autopsy report (if one turns up, but it should given his age).

Any wagers? Alcohol? Drugs? Weight issues? A combination of 2 or more of these?

Everything you can think of killed him. Weight, drugs, Norris, Schwarzenegger, Garfield the cat, Jerry Seinfield, etc..

Well, Harvey Keitel was supposed to shoot Chris Penn after he shoots Lawrence Tierney then his squib is supposed to go off... but it went off early and, in the final cut, no one shoots Chris Penn... and he still dies. So, my guess? Magic bullet...

... but seriously, as Stern said, he had really let himself go.

Only remembered him from Reservoir Dogs as 'Nice Guy Eddie'

RIP

Shamrock said:
Your point? Everywhere I look it says he was born in 1965.. In the news article, it says he died at 43.. Do the math!
You do the math, u asked me why I said 43 even though it was obvious I got it from the first post. If you want to know why it said 43 dont ask me, ask who ever wrote the article it was copied from....

But 40 is still way too short a lifetime.

Shamrock said:
Something is fishy.. It says on IMDB he was born in 1965.. Then in the article it says he is 43... Someone do the math.

Wikipedia says he was born in 1962. weird

Christopher Ryan Penn (June 10, 1962 – January 24, 2006) was an American film actor. He was the son of noted director Leo Penn and actress Eileen Ryan, as well as the brother of actor Sean Penn and musician Michael Penn. He dated and lived with Steffiana De La Cruz from 1993 to 1999.

Back