Robin Williams dead at 63

Acurt1982

Tank
Reaction score
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/08/11/robin-williams-dead-at-63/

Oscar winner and comedian Robin Williams died this morning at 63. While his publicist wouldn’t confirm that his death was a suicide, a rep did issue this statement. “Robin Williams passed away this morning. He has been battling severe depression of late. This is a tragic and sudden loss. The family respectfully asks for their privacy as they grieve during this very difficult time.”

Williams, who won an Oscar for his supporting role inGood Will Hunting, will reprise his role as Theodore Roosevelt in the third installment of Night at the Museumthis December. He had recently signed on to reprise his beloved role as Mrs. Doubtfire in a sequel to be directed by Chris Columbus, and was last seen opposite Annette Bening in the indie film The Face of Love. His sitcom The Crazy Ones premiered on CBS last fall, but was not picked up for a second season.

According to a press release issued by the Marin County Coronor’s office, the Sheriff’s office suspects the death to be “suicide due to asphyxia.” The 9-1-1 phone call came in just before noon today.

Really damn sad, so many childhood films that I could watch again and again. Even his stand-up was great, he just had this pure niche. That's perhaps why he was often labelled an alien. RIP.

A real shame. This is one of those rare times you can tell every single person talking about him actually cares immensely given how much of a huge impact he had on so many people.

I woke up today with tears in my eyes. Late at night, when browsing Tumblr I came across a post stating he died, me knowing that Tumblr ( just like Twitter ) has a lot of false info, just ignored that. But the longer I browsed, the more reblogged posts I found, I also checked the official news sites... I still can't believe that he's no longer with us. You gave us a lot of great memories mister, we will miss you.... Oh capitan, my capitan...... ;(

took everything I had not to sit in the storage room at work and cry, first time a celebrity death has actually made me really upset

• Agree
Reactions: MFL
I happened to see this the day it happened while testing a customer's computer. Completely took me off guard, and I closed it quickly and spent the next hour trying to convince myself that cnn got tricked by one of anon's hoaxes. I also have never felt this way about a celebrity death, but I was actually, legitimately in denial for awhile about it and could feel my heart sinking as I kept dwelling on it. It's terrible, he always seemed to be a generally great and friendly guy.

I don't even feel like he's gone, the dude's just too legendary.

Back