Clash of the Titans: Jack Thompson vs. Adam Sessler.

Wow...this guy jack thompson is a moron.

Doesn't sound like my type of game, but....the point still stands.

"Hey Jack, there's something on your lip. l2shave."

Whoa, Jack took time out of his busy schedule to actually talk to them?

Shit. o_o

Oh my... he actually believes, he actually SAID, a guy trained with DOOM... in order to hone his killer weapon ski11z.
Oh my... oh my...

lol, imagine a guy trained by Doom. He would hold a shotgun in front of his chest and get knocked over by recoil several times until he used up all the shells in the gun, then he would wonder why he couldn't fire the 50 shells he had in his backpack. And when he wanted to shoot something above him he would just shoot straight ahead expecting his bullets to automatically aim upwards for him.

Rofl, thats funny. Adam Sessler handed it to him.

I dont know which one I hate more... adam sessler for how annoying he is.... or Jack Thompson for how stupid he is...

Jack Thompson AND Attack of the show in the same video?

I think I'll pass

So basically Thompson's argument rests on the APA, ignoring common logic and political liberty.

I really do think that this kind of discussion is disturbing, especially considering he does have quite alot of support. To want to use the force of government to restrict something so subjective and individual, not to mention the fact that it is not violence in general, but only in video games, very disturbing. Keep your gun away from me Mr. Thompson, I'll do whatever I please so long as it does not attack the liberties of another thank you very much.

interviews and such really need to be longer in general, half the time people can't finish their sentances before the show is over.

and once again jack thompson = insane,yadda-yadda-yadda, the devil, have a nice day.

That Adam Sessler guy is a douche if enormous proportions, very annoying. Even so he did a decent job debating, although it would have been nice to see an actual game lobbyist instead of a really aggravating host.

That Adam Sessler guy is a douche if enormous proportions, very annoying. Even so he did a decent job debating, although it would have been nice to see an actual game lobbyist instead of a really aggravating host.

Oh, you mean the script he is paid to read and act out everyday?

So rating systems are not the point. Funny I though they where there to advise parents of what their kids should buy. Teens no problem they should be mature enough but kids have no money.

Oh, you mean the script he is paid to read and act out everyday?

Yeah I guess. I've never actually watched that show, just happened upon it when I was checking to see if Brainiac or an old rerun of the Man Show happened to be on. The guy strikes me as very very irritating. But you're right, a large part of that is due to the nerd bait script they make him act out I guess.

Adam Sessler seemed kind of crazed. Although I liked the words coming out of his mouth, his presentation might have deflected uninformed viewers to Jack's side.

As interesting as it was though, I don't think Jack should be given ANY airtime. Period. He should be marginalized to the fullest extent possible, since this guy laps up any PR, no matter how negative it may be.

^ I agree...

I can't even watch that guy talk without cringing...(sessler)

Middle guy made the best point: Parents are responsible.
Jack automatically discoutned himself by saying kids "train" on video games. What a joke.
And Adam needed to slow down.

Adam was having a stutter-fest... I think he was getting a little too excited.

You guys are crazy.......Adam Sessler is teh 1337. Not only on X-play, because some of the stuff he does is hilarious, but also because he handed Jack his ass through debate. I dont care if you think Adam is annoying. Wouldnt you people get excited or be anxious to know that you have a chance to put Jack Thompson in his place on live television, in front of millions of people?

You guys are crazy.......Adam Sessler is teh 1337. Not only on X-play, because some of the stuff he does is hilarious, but also because he handed Jack his ass through debate. I dont care if you think Adam is annoying. Wouldnt you people get excited or be anxious to know that you have a chance to put Jack Thompson in his place on live television, in front of millions of people?

No, not really.

That dosent magically change the fact that he needed to slow-the-fuk-down. You could barely decypher what he was trying to say.

Penny Arcade said:
We all think Jack is nuts but Adam is the only person on that tape who comes off as being crazy. The guy can’t even preach to the choir for God’s sake

That dosent magically change the fact that he needed to slow-the-fuk-down. You could barely decypher what he was trying to say.

Well at least he made some good points. Althought i think the guy in the middle of the 3 had the best points. And totally pwned Jack at one point. lol

As entertaining as Sessler is he probably should not be a part of any more debates. Going batshit is not a very sound persuasive manoeuvre. At most that debate showed how utterly incompetent Jack Thompson is at delivering his own message. Oh, and it also showed Olivia Munn for a few seconds. That was nice.

To each his own.

PS: You are wrong.

:O!... Sarah Lane's a much better co-hostess, then.

Now, Attack of the Show is a skank-fest... it was damn better when it was the Screensavers anyways. >.>

Hell, I don't even watch G4, everything's all whorified.

It's kind of a shame that Jack had to emphasise the fact that one of the kids in the exclusive Bully screenshots was black.

It was like he was trying to get people the game is racist lolz

It's kind of a shame that Jack had to emphasise the fact that one of the kids in the exclusive Bully screenshots was black.

It was like he was trying to get people the game is racist lolz

Exactly....he needs to choose his phrases more carefully
or better yet. He should just quit at talking.:hmph:
Jack Thompson fails at speech:LOL:

I have just figured out his deal. He was bullied as a child. The thing with kids who are bullied, is they often grow up to be malitious bullies, which he has judging by his tactics, shouting people down and so forth. And one of the things that bullies do is stop people doing things they are better at than them. So the only logical conclusion is that Jack Thompson is a total n00b and keeps getting pwned, so he wants to ban games.

Heres how he can prove his point, if he really wants to. Give your children a pile of M rated games and let them play them. If any or your kids murders (Or attempts to) anyone, then yay, you win, all violence in games is banned, and you have sacrificed your child for the benefit of all others, you great big american hero, you. Of course, if they manage not to kill anyone, then it turns out that its not games and your a wanker and must shut up. And untill then, we must assume you are a wanker and you must shut up.

wannagethigh.jpg

9_g

Back