Command & Conquer 4 Ascension

Too bad the gameplay itself sucks :/

So its now confirmed, Kane isnt human "i have spent thousands of years trapped here". That would also explain his apperance in Red Alert 1. But everyone already knew something was up.

I wish they would go back to the same atmosphere and setting of Tiberian Sun. The dark heavy industrial/dubstep music, the slow gameplay, with Titans n shit (actually i think they brought those back for this one if im not misstaken), but still.

EDIT: Like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TkgmHWptVc

Goosebumps

Guess what? C&C didn't have dedicated servers. Nor did Tiberian Sun! Or C&C3!
Hardly a big deal.

Lack of LAN games, though. What were they thinking?

Shame the game itself a load of balls.

Cannot believe they are linking this title in with the likes of Tiberian Sun & Command and Conquer original - such classics, really want more of them instead.

Surprised theyre even making another one after the faceplant that was C&C3 and Red Alert 3. Probably different studios, dont know or care really.

C&C needs to die off, too many better RTS games out there.

As long as it's profitable they can do whatever the heck they want. If they are making money on this shit it proves there is a demand for it. Too many better RTS games is a poor argument when people are happy to buy EA CnC games. I quite like RA3, this game on the other hand.

I'm playing C&C3 right now and I don't understand all the hate. Yeah I can understand how this game isn't the best RTS out there, but for $10 you can't complain. Just wait till its cheap then buy it.

I'm playing C&C3 right now and I don't understand all the hate.
Seconded. I played it on the 360 and I didn't see anything wrong with it. Seemed to play out quite well, and the introduction of those alien dudes was an interesting gameplay twist.

I'm playing C&C3 right now and I don't understand all the hate. Yeah I can understand how this game isn't the best RTS out there, but for $10 you can't complain. Just wait till its cheap then buy it.
Gameplaywise it's a decent game but my main complaint (and I think of many C&C fans) was what they did with the story and style. I really liked Tiberian Sun's post apocalyptic atmosphere but the game just overhauled the story completely. tiberium suddenly works totally differently and most of the mutants are gone. Being able to capture scrin building and ion cannon uplinks in the campaigns made no sense. I also didn't like the new presentation. The only campaign I enjoyed the fmvs of was the scrin one.

I think they tried to pull more people into the series and as a result (like the upcoming Diablo 3) and made it brighter and more fun and peppy. Yes it would have been better if they kept things more serious and in check, but to me **** the story give me good gameplay!

Surprised theyre even making another one after the faceplant that was C&C3 and Red Alert 3. Probably different studios, dont know or care really.

C&C needs to die off, too many better RTS games out there.

Eh, its a big name, which means its a profitable name. Many people will buy a C&C game because of thier memories of TD/RA/TS and to a lesser extent RA2 in the hopes of reliving past glory - somewhat akin to the much mentioned sonic cycle.

At least they've made a few innovations in this one (as opposed to simply ****ing over the story line a keeping the gameplay the same, though I hear it sucks). If nothing else I hope they give the Tiberium arch a good send off and then never disturb its corpse again.

I would say they could revive it if they contracted the series out to Petroglyph, but the old westwood team seems to have lost thier touch with RTS land combat (see Star Wars: Empire at War and Universe at War: Earth Assault, both of which had awful land combat, but at least space combat in EaW was awesome.)

Is anyone else sick of the Tiberium stuff? Tiberium this, Tiberium that... Who cares!?

ehh.. if strategy ain't your thing, get lost.. no one cares what u think

tiberium series are the best strategy based games.. prove me wrong .. what other strategy game beat this ?
thx for posting it Mikael. March 16 we wait !

ehh.. if strategy ain't your thing, get lost.. no one cares what u think

tiberium series are the best strategy based games.. prove me wrong .. what other strategy game beat this ?
thx for posting it Mikael. March 16 we wait !

Company of Heroes. You lose.

I think they tried to pull more people into the series and as a result (like the upcoming Diablo 3) and made it brighter and more fun and peppy. Yes it would have been better if they kept things more serious and in check, but to me **** the story give me good gameplay!
And gameplaywise I found it pretty run of the mill. I said decent earlier, but that's really all that can be said. It wasn't particularly interesting and did almost nothing new. The campaigns didn't seem to polished either.

After stepping back and looking at it again, perhaps C&C4 could be really good, if this new system works out well. I loved TS for the setting, story and atmosphere more than perfect gameplay (though it's very fun, it's also pretty damn slow). C&C3 was mediocre on both counts. Perhaps C&C4 can play brilliantly. EA seem to be taking some ideas from Relic's games, and I love Company of Heroes so maybe this could be good. Time will tell. Sooner or later, time will tell...

Back