Command & Conquer 4 DRM

Paulaner

Space Core
Reaction score
So it seems that Command & Conquer 4, too, requires a permanent internet connection to play, and savegames are stored on EA servers. This kind of DRM is spreading.
C&C4 is EA, and EA is publishing a lot of good PC games. I'm worried.

Do you got a source or somethin' cowboy?

Good thing I've not enjoyed a C&C game since Red Alert 2....

Granted, I always have internet so it doesn't affect me :D

I'll get this on steam for $10 a few years down the road. but why pay for a full priced 'hold my hand experience'

DRM does not affect me, here is my money.

the game sucks anyway.

the game sucks anyway.

That's not the point. Another major publisher has adopted a heavily draconian DRM system. Silent Hunter 5, Assassin's Creed 2, Command & Conquer 4. Ruse will have it. Who's next? Dragon Age 2? Mass Effect 3? Mirror's Edge 2?

OH NOES!!!!

Anyways I'm not a big fan but wth.... they made strides with ME2 and Dragon age with just a cd check. Now now... this, it maybe Bioware took a stand against EA with DRM.

But I thought they would follow the trend I mean BC2 had an update to remove DRM. D:

Except the game's designed as first and foremost an online game. This kind of DRM is moronic for single player games like AC2, but for C&C4, where the meat of the game is multi? Please.

Except the game's designed as first and foremost an online game. This kind of DRM is moronic for single player games like AC2, but for C&C4, where the meat of the game is multi? Please.

I'm on the same thought as you.

For SP games, this type of DRM makes me never want to buy it.

For online MP games though, feel free to authenticate me. It would still be nice to be able to do LAN without internet (though in all honesty, that's not a big deal as much since LAN play seems to be dying in a sense, especially LAN's without internet access)

I'm on the same thought as you.

For SP games, this type of DRM makes me never want to buy it.

For online MP games though, feel free to authenticate me. It would still be nice to be able to do LAN without internet (though in all honesty, that's not a big deal as much since LAN play seems to be dying in a sense, especially LAN's without internet access)

Yes point taken but I still stand on what I said, it's not needed with RTS unless it's a MMORPG.

But I'm in the minority that has dodgy connection. :(

So, Command and Conquer is now an online game?? No single player? OK, they definitely killed the franchise.

Oh god! I'm not going to be able to steal their games!!!! WHATS THE WORLD COMING TOOOOOO!! AHHGHGHGG

Oh good, I can't even connect to their site to make a login.

/me claps slowly

I hope Steam boots this shit too. (or something bad happens)

EDIT: I guess EA is still publishing Valve retail boxes? (not that I'm paying attention to either anymore) So, doubt they will get the same treatment. Never mind.

What news? I swear EA announced this shit before Ubi came up with it's crap.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/...nect-eas-cc-4-requires-always-on-internet.ars

There is no news here. I think the whole Ubisoft thing has made people stupid and forgetful.

/Edit fun fact. CNC4 DRM has been cracked and the game is fully functional except for the MP.

I hear the game itself is pretty awful. Confirm/deny?

So, they took C&C3, shook it around a bit, and released a game they couldve released at the same time as C&C3?

Wow.

Kill franchises much?

bargain bin game for sure. i still need to finish Red Alert 3 and C&C3

So, they took C&C3, shook it around a bit, and released a game they couldve released at the same time as C&C3?

Wow.

Kill franchises much?

I wish they could have done that. That would have killed the franchise less.

Back