Computer boots twice and starts properly after the second boot. Halp?

Alan00000

Reaction score
Ok whats up with these dual boots I get when I start my computer .I think this is relative to overclocking..oh and it does not happen if I restart my computer AFTER I have gotten it running ( meaning after the "second proper boot" ) . Its like in the first boot my computer need a "second" start to get itself running like a champ..?

It started doing it yesterday after i Overclocked my i5 2500k from 3.3ghz to 4.3ghz stock fan. Is this anything to be concerned about??.

specs:
i5 2500k cpu
asus sabertooth board
8 gig ram
Gigabyte 6990 vid card.
1250 power supply OCZ

Help me abit here because this is quiet random.
thank you in advance.

Have you tried reverting to stock speeds, to confirm it's related to overclocking?

lol no let me try it now........

Update: Its happening at stock speeds aswell, it started yesterday after i tried overclocking.

Get CoreTemp and Prime95. Monitor your temperatures for about an hour, and if they don't go above 85C then leave it running overnight. Prime95 will bring any system instability to the surface if it's a hardware related issue.

I did use to have problems with the computer booting twice, though I never did find out what it was that caused it.

I have had the same problem in the past what u need to do is tweak your cpu frequency. for example two weeks ago i was running at 2.86 but i would get random blue screens so i droped back to 2.84 and it solved the problem. just play around with it until you hit a sweet spot.

The 2500k doesn't work like that. All you do to OC it is set the multiplier a little higher.

Back