Comrade's Top 5 most wanted!

Reaction score
Special mention goes to Boiling Point: Road To Hell and Enemy Terrority: Quake Wars, occupying 6 and 7 spots respectively :p

F.E.A.R High hopes for the DM mode of this - didn't get the chance to partake of the MP beta sadly.. singleplayer looks pretty cool too, but it's a fast, brutal MP mode I'm after with this one

4 STALKER Initially I thought this would be around shortly after Sept 2003, just after HL2 ;) - sadly it wasn't, but hell, quality takes time, and this is something that looks like it shouldn't be rushed! (Plus it's set in Eastern Europe, and that's always cool!)

3 Prey No official site yet as far as I could see... despite what the ex-3DR employeee said, I think this could be worth a look, so far I like it's very OTT design direction.... E3 video looked very good & wierd! Let's hope the 10 year development time won't be wasted.

2 Hellgate: London Ex-blizzard employees making a first person RPG, set in Post-Apocalyptic London, with randomly generated areas... it looks fantastic, I hope it turns out well, could well be in the leagues of Deus Ex... and did I mention it's got the ****ing Knights Templar ffs - a mythology I find fascinating.

1 Quake IV Quake II was one of the first games I ever played, and enjoyed it immensely.. I loved the vile-looking Strogg, and await this one with baited breath, the leaked art looked awesomely good as well.. . the idea of playing as a part-strogg character partway through the game could offer an interesting new direction in terms of pace of play... plus the MP, supposedly in the vein of the venerable Q3 has the potential to rock my socks.

Quake II was the first game i played too.

but where the hell is BF2? :p

That is pretty much my exact top 5 with a bit of jumbling and the inclusion of Age of Empires 3 over Boiling Point.

5. F.E.A.R.
4. Prey
3. Hellgate London
2. Quake IV
1. S.T.A.L.K.E.R

Boiling Point is great albeit buggy, hopefully a patch will fix the most major ones.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. will rock, albeit they didn't show it at E3, from what I've heard and understood with my recent convos with Oleg this was due to the fact that they felt the time spent to make a E3 presentation would be better spent on the dev time.
Albeit THQ has said that the release date will be 2006, GSC are internally saying that the release date is November/December 2005.

5) Starcraft: ghost
4) Stalker
3) HellGate:London
2) Spore
1) Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

5) Legend of Zelda
4) Stalker
3) F.E.A.R
2) BF2
1) Oblivion

5: Unreal Tournament 2007 (Will undoubtably rise up the ranks as it gets closer to release)
4: Armed Assault/Operation Flashpoint 2
3: Hitman: Blood Money
2: Battlefield 2
1: Perfect Dark Zero

Quake III: Arena was the first computer game I played. Quake II is one of my all-time favourites.

5.Ninja Gaiden Black
4.Half-Life 2: Aftermath
3.Unreal Tournament 2007
2.Quake IV
1.Prince of Persia: Kindred Blades

My list will change entirely when I find some more awesome sword fighting games.

5. Quake 4
4. Oblivion
3. STALKER
2. Splinter Cell 4
1. HL2 Aftermath/ Lost Coast

1 penny says Stalker is shite and Quake 4 turns out to be as average and forgettable as Doom3!

Bah humbug!

1. Zelda
2. Perfect Dark 0
3. Advance Wars 2
4. Fear
5. Flashpoint 2

The game that I really want more than all others is the next Resident Evil - but that's too far away to add to the list. It will own like nothing has ever owned before, mark my words - it will OWN!

Axyon said:
5: Unreal Tournament 2007 (Will undoubtably rise up the ranks as it gets closer to release)
4: Armed Assault/Operation Flashpoint 2
3: Hitman: Blood Money
1: Perfect Dark Zero
Yeah UT2007, once I know more about it, may well gain more attention :)

Oh, and I'm not a fan of wargames like BF2 and Flashpoint :p

5. UT2007
4. Neverwinter Nights 2
3. BF2
2. BF2
1. BF2

I don't think we have the same tastes Comrade. :p

5. Perfect Dark 0
4. Gears of War
3. Quake IV
2. Spore
1. Civilization IV

Wow, only 3 sequels!

ComradeBadger said:
Yeah UT2007, once I know more about it, may well gain more attention :)

Oh, and I'm not a fan of wargames like BF2 and Flashpoint :p
Best kind of game there is, fool :p

Seriously though, I'd suggest you give the BF2 demo a try when it comes out.

I'll give the demo a whirl, I'll give any game a try once :)... hell I played Unreal II :O

5: Fight Night Round 3
4: Prey
3: Gears of War
1: Quake Wars: Enemy Territory

i'm thinking short term so:

1: Battlefield 2-demo goddamnit.
2: Grand Theft Auto:San Andreas-cant wait
3: Fear-just watch the trailers
4: Hitman:Blood Money-the true sequel?
5: Prey-looks good fun

call of duty 2, stalker, pro evolution soccer 5, pop:kindred blades later down the line.

btw shouldnt you edit the title to something like 'your top 5 most wanted'?

5. Quake IV
4. BF2
3. StarCraft: Ghost
2. Half-Life2 : Aftermath
1. F.E.A.R.

I LOOSLY put BF2 in position 4 just because I think Quake 4 might turn out like Doom3's POSness :(

1. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
2. BattleField 2
3. F.E.A.R
4. Hitman:Blood Money ;)
5. UT 2007

:afro:

Well since everybody is posting their top five, so will I =p

1. GTA:San Andreas
2. BF2
3. Civ IV
4. Heroes V

Actually top four for me, that's it.

5. F.E.A.R. - if the game delivers on the horror premise anywhere near System Shock 2 it will be hard to beat as far as FPSs go
4. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - i still have high hopes, but the long dev time might do it in
3. Age of Empires III - graphics aside, the AOE series has been excellent so far, this looks no different
2. Shadow of the Collosus - ICO is still one of the best games ever
1. BF2 - this game will simply rock

1. HL2 Aftermath/Lost Coast
2. F.E.A.R.
3. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
4. Battlefield 2
5. The Matrix: Path of Neo

5. GTA: SA
4. TES: Oblivion
3. Fallout 3 (or so i've heard...)
2. Stalker
1. Half-life 2: Aftermath

1. Battlefield 2 Nuff said.
2. Spore Magnificent concept, huge in scope and designed by one of the greats. I'm already a fanboy.
3. STALKER I was doubtful for a while but since the dx9 trailer I'm hooked again.
4. FEAR I'm a big horror-movie fan but no game really scared me yet. Maybe this one will.
5. Enemy Territory: Quake Wars The screens and the vid look so damn sweet.

1. Prey
2. Spore
3. Alan Wake
4. Serious Sam 2
5. Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
6.DNF
Quake 4 is almost on the list, but half of the stuff I've seen seems good and the rest seems iffy.

Add Warhawk once PS3 comes out.

1.Battlefield 2
2.Call of Duty 2
3.Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
4.FEAR
5.STALKER

1. BF2 - Why can't the demo be out?
2. F.E.A.R. - I actually liked the DM & I can't get enough of the exaggerated effects
3. MGS4 - Can't get enough of these games
4. Kingdom Hearts II - Original had one of my favorite boss experiences - Running up a huge boss' hand when he attacks - up to the arm- on to the shoulder and whacking away at his face...gotta love it.
5. Ratchet: Deadlocked - Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal was one of the best games I've ever played.

I am now interested in FEAR, it looks good and interesting.
What engine does Condemned use?

Gargantou said:
Boiling Point is great albeit buggy, hopefully a patch will fix the most major ones.
How have you played it? omG YOU PIRATZOR.

It comes out in 2 days.

Back