Coolest Half-Life moment?

Dsty2001

Reaction score
I say it had to be when the large vent you was walking in smashed through that ceiling, then the headcrab jumped at you. Talk about scared shitless!

You mean in the Uplink demo?
This is a semi-useless thread. We like, have tons of these threads.

There are so many.

At the time when I first played the game, it was towards the end of Surface Tension and you are walking through a vent. You hear some grunts talking, then they hear you moving through the vents.

Then you hear "It's FREEMAN!!!" and they start shooting at the vent. The bullet holes allow for the light below to shine through and then the vent crumbles dropping you into the garage below.

I thought that was amazing.

But there really are so many.

There are so many.

At the time when I first played the game, it was towards the end of Surface Tension and you are walking through a vent. You hear some grunts talking, then they hear you moving through the vents.

Then you hear "It's FREEMAN!!!" and they start shooting at the vent. The bullet holes allow for the light below to shine through and then the vent crumbles dropping you into the garage below.

There are so many.

There are so many.

Forum Problems again?

The Tenticle Monster, did it for me.

As well as the long intro, which sets the atmosphere.

There are so many.

It keeps coming up occasionally. Same problem as it was before. Sorry about the triple post :s

Why can't you delete your own posts anymore?

Hey u guys piss off, all threads are useless because everything has been discussed now we are passin the time, btw no one cares if u think the thread is useless or not :p

haha chris tripple post, to be honest i never liked the orig half-life much, just its mods.

Originally posted by coolio2man
Hey u guys piss off, all threads are useless because everything has been discussed now we are passin the time, btw no one cares if u think the thread is useless or not :p
Ever heard of an imaginary thing called Spam?
It's from a kingdon far away in you monitor.

Originally posted by |CC|Hudson
haha chris tripple post, to be honest i never liked the orig half-life much, just its mods.

HERETIC.

START UP THE FIRES.

(When did you play Half Life, when it came out or afterwards?)

To get off the subject of flaming (which is what almost every thread is turning in to).... my favorite part was when you are walking out of the test chamber. So many cool things happen in the time it takes you to get out of Black Mesa. When you leave the test chamber the lasers cut the computers and Barney in half and leave marks on the walls. Then when you get to the elevator and you hear screaming and then you see some scientists fall down the shaft. Also the scientist hanging on to the top of the elevator shaft then letting go. Sooo many moments...soo little time.

One of my favorites was the way you'd be able to just barely spot the g-man walking by in several different parts of the game. I tried killing him many a time.

Originally posted by Noodlygod
One of my favorites was the way you'd be able to just barely spot the g-man walking by in several different parts of the game. I tried killing him many a time.

Yeah like when you first see the gargantua and hes up in the control window thingy. That was pretty cool.

Originally posted by Dagobert
There are so many.

That one's mine too - very creative use of the existing tech to produce that effect. Perhaps in HL2 it can be done in realtime!

There are so many.

Why the **** is everybody say that! Chris_D said that first. Then Dagobert, now Schweppes.

Chris_D said it first, second and third :p

when the grunt threw the nade into the sewer and you had to beat the fire out and duck into the water...and when you were above the garage and the grunts fired into the vent, breaking it and making you fall.

How about when you decided to climb that "rope" and the "rope" pulled you up, you look up and this thing was going to eat your head.

Originally posted by d8cam
How about when you decided to climb that "rope" and the "rope" pulled you up, you look up and this thing was going to eat your head.

Then i just gave it a nice wack, and it threwup on me.

i loved loads.

the scientists in the elevator that goes down very fast when u push the button. man that was funny.

also another elevator one where, you have to make a long jump onto the ladder, and when u look up u see a scientist holding on to the ladder for his dear life, when u get up close, he falls. then u have to get on the same ladder as he was. i dunno why but when i had to make the jump to the elevator, i told the police man and scientist that was following me to wait, and when i ran and jumped to the ladder, it jus made gordon come to life as a action hero. dunno why.

also loved it when you are in a long tube like vent and there is a closed door at the end. suddenly it opens and a grunt threws a nade in there. so u have to run it bk as this flame follows u. then u make it in the water and u are safe! V cool.

Gman bits.

Lab start when u do the experiment.

so many.

Ohh and surface tension when your on the rocks, and the jets fly by and crap. That parts pretty cool.

There are so many.

Originally posted by commando
i loved loads.
also another elevator one where, you have to make a long jump onto the ladder, and when u look up u see a scientist holding on to the ladder for his dear life, when u get up close, he falls. then u have to get on the same ladder as he was. i dunno why but when i had to make the jump to the elevator, i told the police man and scientist that was following me to wait, and when i ran and jumped to the ladder, it jus made gordon come to life as a action hero. dunno why.
I thought that was a mistake at first. I kept quick loading and trying to get that faster because I thought I had to save him.

Maybe that wasn't very bright.

hehe! I did the same, i kept thinking you had to save the damn man somehow.

Yeah, I loved the part where you get to the surface, and watch as a Alien ship drops off Aliens. Then F-16s fly by and blow them to hell!

Hearing/seeing those three huge-ass tentacle thingies in the rocket engine test chamber.

It was awesome beyond belief :afro:

yea man i thought u had to save him first off. but when he falled i was like....awww well i tryed. lol

but it felt so cool that bit.

and when you first see the grunts and the cool music starts :) wow

the tenticles and u puch that launch button and quick save button felt good.

and also that DAM big monster thing errm that had gun arms (in the car lot and other time! man he was ANNOYING.

also what i really loved was the bit where you are about to get the crossbow which is in a cage above a like parranna fish monster thing lol.

and when u get it, the cage falls. so it happening but still that dam fish scared the S**T outta me!

Back