Cops Shooting Dogs vol. 62: Unarmed Bystander Edition

Bad^Hat

The Freeman
Reaction score
With apologies to Stern, who'll probably be chomping at the bit to post this.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/local/phoenix/ois-officer-arrested-10062010

PHOENIX - The story of a Phoenix police officer who shot and killed a man Tuesday has taken a shocking twist. We've learned that the officer, Richard Chrisman, is now under arrest.

This all started at a trailer park near Central and South Mountain. A woman called 911 to report domestic violence on the part of her son, 29-year-old Danny Frank Rodriguez.

Chrisman allegedly pulled his pistol, put the muzzle against the suspect's head and told him, "We don't need no warrant [expletive]."

Over the next few minutes, Chrisman shocked Rodriguez with a stun gun and shot his pit bull.

When Rodriguez started to retreat by taking up his bicycle, but he and Chrisman struggled, and finally Chrisman shot him from 2 to 3 feet away, according to documents..

Latter part of this video is an interview with a spokesman for the police officers union, who does a pretty good job at defending the guy while coming off as an unsympathetic jackass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXkBbAdySNc

Hopefully hear more on this as the investigation unfolds... hopefully. In any case: holy shit.

PHOENIX - The story of a Phoenix police officer who shot and killed a man Tuesday has taken a shocking twist. We've learned that the officer, Richard Chrisman, is now under arrest.
This should not be shocking. :|

"Get this right, a cop shot an unarmed guy dead."
"Right, I don't get what the big deal is."
"Well right, the cop, GOT ARRESTED!"
"HOLY CRAP!"

Stay classy America.

You know what's the worst part about all of this? Regardless of the situation, it will happen again and again with a different officer somewhere in the world. Its stupid that cops do that, but honestly, how can you stop them without implanting a neuro sensor to keep track of their activities?

This was definitely an extremely brutal situation, and it doesn't give him any rght whatsoever but the most that will happen to him is jail for a bunch of years and maybe a death penalty.

Cops still suck.

What I want to know is what his partner was doing during all of this. 14 year vet, gutsy enough to rat out his partner, but he wasn't able to prevent an incident that lasted for minutes? Hmm.

What the hell is wrong with these people, shooting an unarmed man.

Also it seems in all these cases if there's a dog present at the scene it's almost a guarantee it will be shot dead. WTF

It's not easy being a dog in America these days, it seems.

poor dog, also poor dude :(

"When Rodriguez started to retreat by taking up his bicycle, but he and Chrisman struggled, and finally Chrisman shot him from 2 to 3 feet away, according to documents."

Whoever wrote this needs to go back to highschool.

It's not easy being a dog in America these days, it seems.

poor dog, also poor dude :(

Krynn faces more discrimination in a day than most people do in a lifetime.

Article said:
When Rodriguez started to retreat by taking up his bicycle, but he and Chrisman struggled, and finally Chrisman shot him from 2 to 3 feet away, according to documents
Ah, the seldom used when-but-finally construction... I know which job to apply for if I get fired. :|

The cop in the video is the biggest ****ing twat.

The cop in the video is the biggest ****ing twat.

What? Why? For not being all "**** YEAH BURN THE PIG ALIVE" like everybody else? Hes being perfectly rational as far as I can tell, and is only suggesting that we wait for actual information to present itself before deciding whether or not the cop is guilty of murder.

What? Why? For not being all "**** YEAH BURN THE PIG ALIVE" like everybody else? Hes being perfectly ration as far as I can tell.

No, because he is not accommodating anyone else but the cop who shot a man and his dog. Everything he says blatantly tells you that he is in favor, and has a huge bias towards the said cop. Right in the beginning he says "At this point we're standing behind our officer", okay, and why not the officer's partner? He's a cop too? I guess if you shoot a man and a dog you get the benefit of the doubt in the police force.

No, because he is not accommodating anyone else but the cop who shot a man and his dog. Everything he says blatantly tells you that he is in favor, and has a huge bias towards the said cop. Right in the beginning he says "At this point we're standing behind our officer"

And then he clarifies that position by saying he merely wants to get a better understanding of what actually happened before punishing the cop. Seems reasonable to me.

and why not the officer's partner? He's a cop too?

So one person's word should be taken over the others? That doesn't seem reasonable to me.

I guess if you shoot a man and a dog you get the benefit of the doubt in the police force.

You get the benefit of the doubt if you're not in the police force too. Its called due process.

What the hell is wrong with these people, shooting an unarmed man.

They're cops. Certain types of people are attracted to that profession, and sadly not the type that is well-suited for it.

They're cops. Certain types of people are attracted to that profession, and sadly not the type that is well-suited for it.

Yeah, America should just conscript college kids for police work. That works fairly well.

Anyway, I found the video irritating. I think I'm allergic to news.

Anyway, I found the video irritating. I think I'm allergic to news.
American news, you mean. Almost every instance I've seen has annoyed me to some degree. I guess it's the norm there, but everything seems so laden with sensationalism, I can't help but feel they're talking down to me to keep my attention on the scre--

Oh look a squirrel.

Back