Counter-Stike: Global Offensive: $15 All Platforms, Coming 21st August

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
Valve have officially announced that Counter Strike: GO will be available for "approximately $15 on all platforms." Platforms include: Playstation Network, Xbox Live Arcade, and Steam (for PC and Mac).

If you're at E3 this weekend you can play CS:GO at the Sony and Microsoft booths. Full press release below.

csgobanner2-jpg.23525

CS: GO DUE AUGUST 21. Next Gen Console, PC, and Mac Details Revealed

June 4, 201 - Valve, creators of best-selling game franchises (such as Counter-Strike, Half-Life, Left 4 Dead, Portal, and Team Fortress) and leading technologies (such as Steam and Source), today announced Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS: GO) is targeted for release on August 21, 2012.
To be available via the Playstation Network, Xbox Live Arcade, and Steam (for PC and Mac), CS: GO will expand upon the team-based action gameplay pioneered when Counter-Strike was launched almost 13 years ago (CS beta 1, August 1999).
CS: GO will be sold for approximately $15 on all platforms.
CS: GO features new maps, characters, and weapons and delivers updated versions of the classic CS content (de_dust, etc.). In addition, CS: GO introduces new gameplay modes, matchmaking, leader boards, and more.
Developed by Valve in cooperation with Seattle-based Hidden Path Entertainment, the title will be playable in the Sony and Microsoft booths this week at E3 in Los Angeles, CA.
For more information, please visit http://store.steampowered.com/app/1800/

Attachments

• csgobanner.jpg
    csgobanner.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 322
  • csgobanner2.jpg
    csgobanner2.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 8,313
Too bad they got rid of the cross-platform play.

Too bad they got rid of the cross-platform play.

Yeah, its a massive shame for those playing on consoles. The PC version will hold up by itself for years, but I can't see the console versions standing up for long.

That was a subtle announcement many months ago, without any real explanation but I imagine it was a significant enough problem they couldn't solve.

I imagine the problem is patching. Valve games receive minor updates about once a week for one reason or another, be it balancing, bug fixes or compatibility tweaks.

Having to freeze the PC version while waiting for console certification on a patch that fixes a problem specific to a piece of PC hardware would be pretty clumsy and difficult to maintain in the long run.

Wow its only $15? I'm actually happy about this, cause I can afford it! :D

And it comes out 5 days after my birthday!

Actually, you will find that all Valve games' prices are converted properly, and even cost €2 less on average for the EU zone.

The current US price of Left 4 Dead 2 is $19.99, while for EU it's €13.99.

Awesome, just got addicted to the beta too. Played CSS from HS through to college, and now I'm working a job. CS just keeps coming along for the ride.

Excellent, as soon as CSGO is out, they'll have DOTA2 and whatever surprises they have after.

Back