Crazy Conservative Lady creams self over movie 300's jihadist parallel

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
I?ve never been in therapy, but I can?t imagine anything could be more cathartic than watching King Leonidas and his mighty band of Spartans brutally massacre the thousands of jihadis that descended on them at the epic Battle of Thermopylae in the blockbuster hit 300.

Did I say jihadis? I meant Persians. Sorry, about that.

...300 apologists, those who enjoyed the film but seek to alleviate their guilt for taking pleasure in their patriotism, argue the film was never intended to have any modern-day applications, much less offend Iran. They say the film is merely an adaptation of the graphic novel published by Frank Miller in 1998 long before the war in Iraq had started.

After reading the novel and seeing the film though it’s certain that director Zack Snyder took some artistic freedoms to embellish pro-U.S. themes.

It doesn’t take a political junkie to notice the glaring similarities between Queen Gorgo’s impassioned plea to support the Spartan troops and the Bush administration’s statements asking Americans to support the war in Iraq.

Outside the theaters, liberals like Dana Stevens of Slate Magazine have sided with the Iranians. In his review of the film he wrote that if 300 “had been made in Germany in the mid-1930s, it would be studied today alongside ‘The Eternal Jew’ as a textbook example of how race-baiting fantasy and nationalist myth can serve as an incitement to total war.”

After losing more than 3,000 soldiers in the last four years to Iraq, maybe it’s time for a “nationalist myth” to combat the media’s half-truths about the war. Surely, 300’s blockbuster success is in no small part due to the anger and frustration our nation has fostered in losing these precious lives in this battle.

Regardless of what the Iranians or movie critics say, there’s no shame in vicariously cheering on the Spartans as they slay invading Iranians, or um, Persians. I consider it a cheap form of therapy.

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=19899

what a good little convervative moral christian pov ..god has a special place for her in mind ..and it's not beyond the pearly gates

btw this is the same person that wrote:

How Hillary Played Politics With 9/11 The Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy's Dossier on Hillary Clinton

I swear some of these unapologetic conservatives are borderline retarded ..no that would be an insult to the mentally handicapped ..they're more along the lines of the freshly lobotomized: drooling incoherents with short attention spans who had their conscience surgically removed along with most of their memories, specifically those of aiding the enemy and justifying false wars

btw for a dumbass she's kinda cute ..although cute doesnt trump dumbass ..not unless there's duct tape involved

predictable post of the day (I can see the near future):

<Nemesis creams jeans>

"Finally someone agrees with me that the islamademocraterrorists love slaughtering the jews ..errr spartans!"

<fapfapfapfap>

Im guessing you are talking about Ann Coulter....and if you are, STOP TALKING ABOUT ANN COULTER!!!

Is she even aware that the basis for this film( the comic) is older then the bush administration itself? And was written by (im assuming) a liberal author?

I find these 300/iran comparisons absolutely retarded. At no point did I feel like I was watching anything but a work of fiction

crazy conservative ladies might look good from afar ..but when you get close you notice the crazy almost psychotic zeal in their eyes ..also lobotomy scars tend to stand out more up close. Besides the constant "lets pray to the lord" or "lets play Jihadist rapes the waspy girl again ..and this time try to sound more like a liberal-commie, less like a conserva-weenie" .. would get really really annoying after awhile

That's nothing a little chloroform can't fix.

I'd rather keep the self-esteem and go for a woman who is more likely able to tie her shoes without help.

I'm just saying that if you're playing that particular limbo game, you may as well hold out for a rain-man savant at least.

300 is totally fascistic though, so it's not exclusively her fault. I dunno was snyder was thinking.

If you think 300 is in any way supposed to be a political alegory then you've missed the point and are a ****ing idiot.

EDIT^^^^^ Im hoping your kidding Mecha

Well the Spartans historically were pretty fascistic in the first place. I highly doubt Snyder meant there to be any political allegories. He just wanted to make a very stylish action film.

Oddly enough, I figured it was going to be the other way around - the 300 representing terrorists. Think about it: a force tremendously out-numbered, yet galvanised by a strength of will unmatched by that of their foes. Not just ready to die, but willing. More cleverly organised than the plodding, indiscriminate, thoughtless might of their foes, they fight a sort of guerilla warfare. They are more gallant than their foes - their martyrdom is the proudest honour they could receive; the ultimate sign of commitment to the cause.

I could go on, but there's no point.
300 is clearly an endorsement of terrorism.

dam I hit her ass til it bleed,why this dumbasses womans are allways hot

anyway why people use this movie to say that "it incites a war whit iran" this is based on a comic based on areal story that happened thousands of years ago
next they will ban the history books?

funny that USA is (supposedly) being represented by a nation where the freemen/citizens were massively outnumbered by their slaves, and they existed as a society based entirely on war.

I find it amazing that anyone could be clever enough to make such a connection between the Spartans going to war in the movie and the Iraq controversy and at the same time be DUMB enough to actually believe the idea.

dam I hit her ass til it bleed,why this dumbasses womans are allways hot

anyway why people use this movie to say that "it incites a war whit iran" this is based on a comic based on areal story that happened thousands of years ago
next they will ban the history books?

You never know RJ. People these days are ****ed.

Im hoping your kidding Mecha

I'm sure it wasn't supposed to be allegorical but, regardless of intent, the movie is basically about cheerleading a loveable band of prehistoric nazi ubermenschen.

I mean come on, they're established as eugenicists in the opening shots. And they explicitly hate gays and other races because they are literally monsters in the story. And the entire movie is directly presented as pro-war propaganda, by its own framing device. And nearly every negative aspect of the actual history is replaced with fanciful events supporting the aforementioned eugenic craziness throughout the entire plot.

It's either the single most subversively ironic movie ever made about fascism and propaganda, or it's genuinely oblivious.
Either way, it's rather undeniably a fascist story. What can I say?

(Insert reply of it's just an action movie/leave your brain at the door here.)

I'm sure it wasn't supposed to be allegorical but, regardless of intent, the movie is basically about cheerleading a loveable band of prehistoric nazi ubermenschen.

I mean come on, they're established as eugenicists in the opening shots. And they explicitly hate gays and other races because they are literally monsters in the story. And the entire movie is directly presented as pro-war propaganda, by its own framing device. And nearly every negative aspect of the actual history is replaced with fanciful events supporting the aforementioned eugenic craziness throughout the entire plot.

It's either the single most subversively ironic movie ever made about fascism and propaganda, or it's genuinely oblivious.

well I havent watched the movie yet but is true that it hav affected the people,example is the thousands of stuff in the internet,but if is suposed to be based on a real story and the spartans did looked like facist,but is a movie,sure it will be only remenbered by the violence and the "this is sparta!" jokes,it will not made everyone to get naked and carry spears to fight everyone
also I read somewhere that the frank millers comics are all like that

Aw come on now, you have to admit that none of that stuff was hidden in the twisted interpretation of metaphor and allegory.

I just gave a description of literal events that actually happen in the plot. :p

From wikipedia:
The film's portrayal of ancient Persians sparked a particularly strong reaction in Iran. Azadeh Moaveni of Time reports that Tehranis were "outraged" following the film's release. Moaveni identifies two factors which may have contributed to the intense reaction: its release on the eve of Norouz, the Persian New Year, and a common Iranian view of the Achaemenid Empire as "a particularly noble page in their history." Various Iranian officials, including the president of Iran's Art Affairs Advisory, Javad Shamqadri, government spokesman Gholam Hossein Elham and four Iranian Members of Parliament condemned the film. The Iranian Academy of the Arts submitted a formal complaint against the movie to UNESCO, claiming that the film is an attack on the historical identity of Iran.

A Warner Bros. spokesman said: "The film 300 is a work of fiction inspired by the Frank Miller graphic novel and loosely based on a historical event. The studio developed this film purely as a fictional work with the sole purpose of entertaining audiences; it is not meant to disparage an ethnicity or culture or make any sort of political statement."

You know, people, it is possible for films and media not to contain hidden meanings.

Thats very true, but....

....pretty much hits the nail on the head. I honestly dont think it was intended to be a politcal movie, and those who think that it was deliberately made out to be allegorical are probably missing the point - this is a heavily stylised movie about big muscled men in loincloths kicking the shit out of hordes of beasties and suchlike.

Heh, all action movies are facist movies!

Or maybe history itself was fairly facist?

dam now people cant make movies cuz bam! it ofends politics

next its going to be disney's aladino?

Just because the movie contained the subject of 'to go to war or not to go to war', which was literally the ENTIRE basis for the real event that took place thousands of years ago, doesn't mean that it has anything to do with pro-war politics regarding the US.

You guys are trying to shove some very odd puzzle pieces together.

You know, people, it is possible for films and media not to contain hidden meanings.
What hidden meanings?
The heroes of the movie are, literally and overtly, racists and eugenicists.
No matter how little thought you decide to put into watching an obstensibly mindless action movie, I'm sure you can't miss the basic premise of the story.

Also, yeah, I totally said all action movies ever made by anyone in history are fascist.

No wait, I only said that about action movies where the heroes are racist eugenicists.

those who think that it was deliberately made out to be allegorical are probably missing the point - this is a heavily stylised movie about big muscled men in loincloths kicking the shit out of hordes of beasties and suchlike.
What allegory?
The "hordes of beasties" in the movie are homosexuals, asians and people with birth defects.
This isn't a bunch of aliens being metaphors for people.
Celebrating racism is literally the entire basis of the plot, and the basis for the stylized production design.

Unless you are literally leaving your brain at the door, how can you miss an entire plot?
If you honestly think the sole purpose of the movie was "HURR SMASH MONSTER", why did it have a storyline at all?

the real event that took place thousands of years ago
The movie has almost nothing to do with the real events that happened, and is deliberately presented as a distorted version of history, embellished by myths.

Which brings up the obvious question of how the hell can anyone say with a straight face that a movie about mythology contains no metaphors?

It should also be noted, as Mecha'll gladly point out, that the whole point of propaganda is to stop you thinking.

You are supposed to 'leave your brain at the door'; you are supposed to accept the message without critially considering it. That's not saying 300 is a propagandistic movie, but rather that any defence of 'it's just a dumb action movie' really doesn't mean much. :p

I'm still seeing the film.

I havent seen the movie/read the comic but I've seen enough and read enough reviews/articles on the issue to at leasr comment on it thematically. Needless to say that it is a propagandist tool in the sense that it whitewashes anything even remotely historic (it's not intended to be accurate), it glorifies violence, honour, duty but in a pointless, zealous blind reasoning sort of way ..I mean the entire lynchpin holding the movie together is pride ..from what I understand Sparta isnt really in danger, it's their pride that's responsible for their conflict.

even stylistically you cant get past the unavoidable propagandist themes presented in unapologetic blacks and whites: the good are strong bold beautiful, the bad are twisted, deformed, dark skinned or with unseen faces covered in grim masks numbering in the thousands

I like Frank Miller's work ..however he is a republican and does slip in politics into his work every now and then. The dark Knight for example oozed reagan era political undertones

also he doesnt disguise what side of the political fence he's on:

Frank Miller said:
For some reason, nobody seems to be talking about who we’re up against, and the sixth century barbarism that they actually represent. These people saw people’s heads off. They enslave women, they genitally mutilate their daughters, they do not behave by any cultural norms that are sensible to us. I’m speaking into a microphone that never could have been a product of their culture, and I’m living in a city where three thousand of my neighbors were killed by thieves of airplanes they never could have built.

repiV: <fapfapfapfap>

Frank Miller said:
I think that George Bush has an uncanny knack of being someone people hate. I thought Clinton inspired more hatred than any President I had ever seen, but I’ve never seen anything like Bush-hatred. It’s completely mad.

NPR: And as you talk to people in the streets, the people you meet at work, socially, how do you explain this to them?

FM: Mainly in historical terms, mainly saying that the country that fought Okinawa and Iwo Jima is now spilling precious blood, but so little by comparison, it’s almost ridiculous. And the stakes are as high as they were then. Mostly I hear people say, ‘Why did we attack Iraq?’ for instance. Well, we’re taking on an idea. Nobody questions why after Pearl Harbor we attacked Nazi Germany. It was because we were taking on a form of global fascism, we’re doing the same thing now.

NPR: Well, they did declare war on us, but…

FM: Well, so did Iraq.

http://hangrightpolitics.com/2007/01/26/frank-miller-on-the-state-of-our-nation/

sure franky ..iraq declared war on America when he stopped playing ball ..back in 1990. I like your writing but dont talk politics, you havent a clue

I mean it's not hard to see why krazy krusty konservatives get wood over 300 ..besides the homoerotic undertones there's also a lot of slaying of darkies ..and it's rejoiceful awe inspiring "we dont need to be politically correct" unapologetic slaying of dark people ..I wouldnt be surprised to hear that at some viewings of the movie in small town america the end credits are met with audience chanting of "USA USA"

I mean look at this entry from idiot enfant blog Little green footballs:

Batman Artist No Moonbat

It’s nice to know that Frank Miller, the creator of Batman: The Dark Knight Returns and the unique comic book/film Sin City, is not a moonbat

Nemesis: <fapfapfapfapfap>

and comments from his idiot readers:

troglodyte du jour said:
I have a new hero. Way to go Frank!
Typical NPR liberal question early on: Yes, but it's our fault that they hate us, right Frank(paraphrased).
I hate that NPR asshat.

Idiot who fears Holyweird ..for it's ...weirdness said:
WOW!

I'm much happier now knowing that there are a few people with their heads on strait in Hollywierd. :)

Hi I'm an idiot said:
I actually heard this in my car yesterday and almost went off the road (not a NPR listener usually but sometimes it’s good for a mid-day laugh -they’re so damn earnest in their hatred of the right).

I’m always (pleasantly) surprised when someone you’d assume would be a flag burning member of the LLL’s is actually using their God given commonsense.

That’s really a breath of ….fresh air.

[quote="oh noes the moobats are conspiring" idiot]After Miller said that Bush hatred was completely mad, the NPR interviewer gave a little "Hm." before launching into his next question. That "Hm." spoke volumes.
[/quote]

Hi I'm the biggest Idiot of them all! said:
You know, there are literally millions of Americans who think much like Frank Miller, some of us act like he's a diamond in the rough, but unfortunately, we have no where, on a large national stage, to say what we want.

Instead, we are enightened by the likes of "The View", Robert Redford, Alec Baldwin, George Clooney, "The Today Show", perky, but seething Katie Couric, etc.

A person like Frank Miller, gets to let it all hang out, on NPR(leftist state run radio, paid for by American taxpayers), with the great majority of its listeners, raging moonbats.

I applaud his efforts, I just wish that the many millions Americans, who think the same way, could do the same, instead of being drown out by the leftist state run msm.

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=24146_Batman_Artist_No_Moonbat#comments

unsurprisingly they all sound like Nemesis ..it's like they all read from the same playbook ..lobotomized automatons, every last one of them

For some reason, nobody seems to be talking about who we?re up against, and the sixth century barbarism that they actually represent. These people saw people?s heads off. They enslave women, they genitally mutilate their daughters, they do not behave by any cultural norms that are sensible to us. I?m speaking into a microphone that never could have been a product of their culture, and I?m living in a city where three thousand of my neighbors were killed by thieves of airplanes they never could have built.

Can't say I disagree with that, though.

I had no idea how popular this "moonbat" thing was. I swear to God I had never heard of it until roughly two weeks ago.

Seriously, was this an overnight thing? Couldn't they have spent a bit more time coming up with something slightly less nonsensical?

I first heard it at one of the neo-con websites ..think it might have been at the ProtestIdiots website ..or perhaps even here from someone like Nemesis ..although it was probably seinfeldrules or gh0st who first coined it

"Troglodyte du jour" LOL

I've seen the movie, and I was too caught up in the incredible fights and visual effects than think about political bullshit. However, the God-King of the Persian Empire is indeed mindblowlingly gay, you'll see :p

Can't say I disagree with that, though.

That's because as most American's (and people in general) are guilty of, is of seeing everything through their own eyes (glasses).

Here's a real shocker, you may want to sit down:
People in other countries have different cultures, different ideas of what is "right" and what is "wrong". Who are you to say you're right and they are wrong? I guarantee there are just as many wingnuts like yourself in other countries, who say the exact same thing about us.

Also, you are putting EVERY Muslim into that category as Frank did, and that is pure ignorance. The right wing neo-fascists in the Muslim world are a minority - you know the ones who are doing all heinous things Frank cries about (a vocal group, but a minority), as are the same in our country.

Also, I find it pretty interesting to let Neo-Conservatives know that they are on the same political spectrum as Islamic terrorists (Far right wing).

P.S. I see I found a new website to paruse, but I have to admit, I like HL2, but I hate CS:Source...so I stick with CS

CrazyCracka420 said:
Also, you are putting EVERY Muslim into that category as Frank did, and that is pure ignorance. The right wing neo-fascists in the Muslim world are a minority - you know the ones who are doing all heinous things Frank cries about (a vocal group, but a minority), as are the same in our country.
You misunderstand: Frank wasn't talking about contemporary muslims there but historical persian culture - a culture which, though I'm not history buff, I'm fairly certain was pretty shitty, regardless of Miller's political orientation. Don't be so quick to jump in to defend contemporary muslims (especially since islam, as most other religions, is essentially mad - but I digress).

I don't think religious fundamentalism is the same thing as being 'right wing' either - for a start, I'd call 'right wing' an economic descriptor and say what you mean is authoritarian.

I won't even start on the moral relativism - over to you, Mecha - but I will say this: seems to me your assertion is untenable because you assume a third objecive position from which both cultures are morally 'neutral'.

You misunderstand: Frank wasn't talking about contemporary muslims there but historical persian culture - a culture which, though I'm not history buff, I'm fairly certain was pretty shitty, regardless of Miller's political orientation. Don't be so quick to jump in to defend contemporary muslims (especially since islam, as most other religions, is essentially mad - but I digress).

Could you be any more ignorant?

Back