Votes: 83 72.8%
  • Icepick

Votes: 14 12.3%
  • Meh...

Votes: 17 14.9%

• Total voters
crowbars got class babay!

What's icepick got? Nothin' thats what!

It isn't Half-Life without the crowbar...also, it seems a lot of people are mistaking 'icepick' with 'pick axe'. A pick axe is an axe with long sharp ends(probably what most people are thinking of), an icepick is a long needle-like thing that's used with a hammer to break ice. Probably not very effective as a combat weapon. BTW, there's already a pick axe in the game as a physics object...there's one jamming the elevator to the rebel base in Freeman Pontifex. Probably others too.

On a seperate note, I wonder how you'll lose your weapons in Ep.3? Nothing happened at the end of Ep.2 that would take away your weapons...so either you'll start out with all of them(which would be quite a daring move for Valve), or you'll have them all for the beginning but you'll somehow lose them before you reach a combat scene.

Well, he could always wield two melee weapons...but in the case of one only, crowbar. He's never had anything else in canon releases

Well, I would say flamethrower, but if I had to choose it would be crowbar. Easier to beat a headcrab to death with.

The Crowbar is the symbol of Half-Life, it's been with Gordon since forever.

Starting the game with all of the weapons wouldnt seem fun.

I'd like to use the icepick, I admit I hardly use the Crowbar anyways, even though it represents what Half Life is: A bloody 20-year old piece of metal that never goes away.

As we go further North, away from the Balkans, we should start seeing different weaponry, but that do not radically alter gameplay. Example is you find a pickaxe at a long Deserted Camp Site/ Ski Resort, which can replace the Crowbar (you may be an icon, but you need to retire) and a Pre-Combine Assault Rifle to replace the AR2 (Because we are going to places that the Combine don't usually patrol and where IT'S ammo is scarce to find)

They already have a model of a pickaxe, they have just never used it beyond the beta

"Ar2..noooo Ar3 yeah plenty of times" "Theres no such thing as an Ar3" "Well ya see.. the city was lousy Ar3"

Edit: BTW i think theres going to be an Ar3 (if you havent noticed by now....)

"Ar2..noooo Ar3 yeah plenty of times" "Theres no such thing as an Ar3" "Well ya see.. the city was lousy Ar3"

Edit: BTW i think theres going to be an Ar3 (if you havent noticed by now....)

no. just no

Back