Crysis news/info thread

Why is there 2 ingame pictures next to each other? All I can see different is that one chair has moved.

If it's not a comparison I--... I don't get it. :|

My only concern with the MP component of this game is if it really is as great and complex as they say it is and they are really focusing hard on MP this time around, why havnt we seen anything yet? I mean with release being supposedly less than a year away I would think they would be wanting to show it off to people and yet we havnt seen anything? I guess Im just hoping that they dont talk all this talk about MP then on release it ends up just being garbage like FarCrys MP was.

My only concern with the MP component of this game is if it really is as great and complex as they say it is and they are really focusing hard on MP this time around, why havnt we seen anything yet? I mean with release being supposedly less than a year away I would think they would be wanting to show it off to people and yet we havnt seen anything? I guess Im just hoping that they dont talk all this talk about MP then on release it ends up just being garbage like FarCrys MP was.

I'm still wondering what the big surprise is, that chevat yerli was talking about in one if the reviews. Maybe a demo after the GDC convention???? any Thoughts?

In my Games for Windows magazine one of the editors said he was playing the crysis demo... I was disappointed when i searched the interbutts.

More like Dracula's Castle. Which i'm all for.

But some of those screens look terribly.....average.

What do you mean by that?

Source?

There has been lots of talk about people playing the demo and with GDC at are fingertips + chevat Yerli saying there will be a surprise for us i believe there is a demo this month. I'm 95% sure. :)

There has been lots of talk about people playing the demo and with GDC at are fingertips + chevat Yerli saying there will be a surprise for us i believe there is a demo this month. I'm 95% sure. :)
Well, I'm 100% sure I'd cream my pants if that happened.

Wow, I'm all up for a demo, but I'm not beleiving anything till I see proof...

I will probably die from excitement if the demo is released with both dx9 and dx10 capability.

Dunno, but i dont really care about a demo.

I have downloaded the C&C 3 demo for days now and i still havnt installed it.

If i know im buying a game 100% a demo is just meh dunno rather wait and play the real game.

Dunno.

Maybe i didnt play C&C3 demo because i know how close the game is to release.

Just saw the link and its a beta, not a demo. NOW im interested!

Hype meter rising...NO! Must...resist...hype....can't...bear the disappointment...

Two new videos were released today.

One of them shows the technology implemented into CryENGINE 2, while the second one is a demonstration of the Level Editor.

You can download the 'Special Effects' video from inCrysis,here

The Level Editor video is not uploaded onto inCrysis yet, but will be soon...

This screenshot from the video shows the great facial detail in Crysis:

Whoops sorry for the broken link, it appears somebody has made an entirely new thread anyways...

Icedeagle thats awsome you got to test out the game i wish i where you. :)

The game is looking amazing..

I don't know why people are going crazy over Sandbox 2...

It's the exact same thing as Far Cry had...and look how many popular mods/maps came out of that :|

Hell, even the interface is the same.

I really hope you can change the color of the interface in the sandbox becaue i really dislike programs with the normal white/gray colors, mappers stay long hours mapping and after a while that white color really hurts your eyes, it would be better if they had darker and more softer colors in the interface!

Ravioli, you must really hate being outside then, what with the white/gray clouds and shit.:LOL:*Just kidding mate*
I totally agree with you, UI customization is the way of the future!

There are 9 new screenshots of Crysis which came out today.

Check them out here.

Enjoy!

The level editor is awesome it creams Hammer and UnrealEd.

I don't know why people are going crazy over Sandbox 2...

It's the exact same thing as Far Cry had...and look how many popular mods/maps came out of that :|

Hell, even the interface is the same.

Except of course now theres an indepth physics system you can use, oh and on the fly customisable shaders.. time of day, dynamic vegetation.

It's just a little bit different this time around :p Cryengine was fun to use, and now it's packed with next generation goodies that you could have endless fun with. I'll be making custom maps and nuking everything in sight when I get to play with it :LOL:, Imo there will be quality mods galore coming out of this.

I don't think anyone noticed my earlier post about the new screenshots, since there haven't been any comments (or maybe everyone's just quiet...).

Anyway, here's the link again: http://incrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=60875#p60875

Thanks to Crysis-HQ for getting these.

Some of them are pretty awesome :)

EDIT: here's one of them,

detail2lz7.jpg

Back