CS:GO - Aztec, Shoots, Baggage, and the Zeus x27 (taser gun) added

-smash-

Content Director
Reaction score
The CS: Global Offensive beta was updated again today. The patch introduces some new maps, weapons, and bug fixes - That's right. Plural of everything.

Aztec
First up is Aztec, and it looks great! And like some of the other CS:GO renditions of the classic Counter-Strike maps, Aztec has had some tweaks in the layout department. Most notably, the back route from Terrorist spawn to the River has been removed completely. It's not a bad thing, though....

csgo_aztec01.jpg csgo_aztec02.jpg csgo_aztec03.jpg
Baggage and Shoots
Also, two other maps have been added. Titled Baggage and Shoots, these support the new Gun Game mode in Global Offensive dubbed "Arsenal Arms Race". They are fairly well designed, and have an old school arena feel to them - Smaller maps with a tower of sorts smack dab in the middle...​

Baggage screenshots:
csgo_baggage01.jpg csgo_baggage05.jpgcsgo_baggage06.jpg csgo_baggage04.jpg
...And Shoots:
csgo_shoots01.jpg csgo_shoots02.jpgcsgo_shoots03.jpg csgo_shoots04.jpg
The Zeus x27
The Zeus x27 is a taser gun. It currently costs $1000 and you only get to hold one shot max. It will kill an enemy at point blank range, and will stun them from farther away if they're in range of the shot. It is added to your slot 3 by default, so it shares a slot with the knife. It is restricted to Casual Mode only.​
csgo_zeus.jpg
To get a complete list of what was added today, you can find that info over at the official Counter-Strike blog.​

Attachments

• csgo_baggage02.jpg
    csgo_baggage02.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 720
  • csgo_baggage03.jpg
    csgo_baggage03.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 805
Aztec looks pretty shocking to be honest.

And who ever decided to put in a tazer gun needs a slap right in the balls. Its retarded.

The Tazer is a single shot humiliation kill. It isn't meant to serve as a serious weapon choice. I believe its only available in the casual mode anyway.

The tazer is a joke weapon basically, it's restricted to casual mode (in which armor/kits are automatically given to you, etc) and isn't allowed in competitive.

The Arms Race mode is a lot of fun... it's essentially good ol' gungame with a few weapons missing (the awp is the only sniper rifle... no scout or autosnipers). Shoots is basically your typical custom gungame TDM map except that it looks great instead of just being a lot of orange and grey devtextures.

Baggage is fantastic, I love it. It's a very circular arena-type map like Smash said, with combat taking place on 3 different levels on baggage conveyor belts and stuff. There's a lot of vertical action in addition to horizontal engagements.

This week's batch of keys just went out a couple of hours ago, so restart Steam to see if you got lucky.

I've not decided how I feel about the new Aztec yet. It does look good, but it plays a little differently than it used to. The only major layout change is that the passage from T spawn to underpass has been removed (so you just go down the ramp inside of double doors). Besides that they've made it easy to plant at A and defend it by yourself with a nice little hidey hole / cover box facing the door to the bridge room.

Increased base accuracy for all weapons and made landing a bit softer with faster stamina regen? Might have to give this another go.
I just wish they made the weapons feel beefier.

Back