Dante's Inferno

e3protestors.jpg

Protesters go after EA's Dante's Inferno outside convention center

Is this a joke, viral or just retarded Christians like usual?

HELL IS NOT A BOOK!

EA = Electronic Antichrist.

Awesome.

(Of course, they are publishing some of my favorite stuff, so I can't quite jump on this bandwagon.)

I just got the Devine Comedy at Barnes and Noble and it looks just like a bible. It has the golden edged pages, the little bookmark thats embedded in the seam and amazing illustrations. If I weren't reading Moby Dick this would be my #1 choice

Do you have a version with illustrations by Gustave Doré? That one is really epic.

Gustave_Dore_Inferno32.jpg

...this game has about as much in common with Dante's Inferno as Painkiller does - it seems like they just borrowed the name because some people will recognize it, not because the game's based on the story.

...this game has about as much in common with Dante's Inferno as Painkiller does - it seems like they just borrowed the name because some people will recognize it, not because the game's based on the story.

<chriss tucker like sarcasm voice> holy shit! I havent ****ed noted!<chriss tucker like sarcasm voice>

10 bucks says this is going to be more or less a hack and slash button masher...with a few tricks here and there.

mark my words

Deformed human mouth monster in the trailer was disturbingly hilarious.

I'm torn about this one. On one hand, the premise is RETARDED. Dante's Inferno has nothing to do with combat whatsoever, and they're merely mining its name for publicity.

On the other...
holy crap, fighting through hell in a crazy art style sounds orgasmic.

I don't care that this game is basically God of War in Hell. This looks absolutely fantastic.

its like the game Prey, Doom 3, God of War, and maybe a little Devil May Cry all rolled into one. I'll wait for the reviews

I've been told Wayne Barlowe is working on this project. He's one of my favourite artists.

10 bucks says this is going to be more or less a hack and slash button masher...with a few tricks here and there.

mark my words

I hope you're right. Tearing through awesome an depiction of Hell dmc stylee would do me just fine :)

I think when EA resorts to butchering the classics of literature, its the job of every literate halfway intelligent human on this Earth to march upon their headquarters and raise it to the ground.

I mean, war was started over POLAND of all places, surely this is just as much cause if not more so?.

A question that comes to mind: Does it have to resemble the aformentioned poem to be awesome?

I don't remember any fuss about the Alice In Wonderland games - were they more like the book or something?

I think when EA resorts to butchering the classics of literature, its the job of every literate halfway intelligent human on this Earth to march upon their headquarters and raise it to the ground.

Raze.

Wait a minute, this isnt coming for PC??? Wiki says PS3 and 360 but doesnt mention PC at all.

EDIT:

Looks like shit anyway, thats probably why its not for PC, we are too elite for these low standards.

Dirty peasant console games.

Demo is out for PS3 now. I played through it this morning. It borrows heavily from GoW, even the control scheme. It's not a bad thing though, as anyone familiar with GoW can pick it right up. I'll admit that I had fun playing it, and I'll probably buy it when it goes down in price a bit.

I was planning on buying this just because it's being made by Visceral, but after watching that video, it looks rather bad.

It looks better than gow3.

Nothing is better than GoW!

/goes back to playing GoW2 HD

In all seriousness though, the art of Dante's Inferno is great. The level design though, from what I've seen, is nowhere near GoW's.

Damn, you better be able to turn off pop-up tips, but I have no doubts you can.

Looks pretty damned fun. That long path through the woods looked rushed though; low poly and repeating scenery. Well, it's like he walks down a perfect ramp onto it.

Would definitely buy it if it came out for the PC. Yes, I have a 360 controller for Windows.

Just to note, the game runs at a constant 60fps on the PS3.

Just wacthed the vids.

Wow, could they even attempt to hide their blatant Gow ripping? Same hud, same controls, right-stick to dodge, a 'redemption' meter that fills with each combo kill, 'kill all monsters leading to the door switch before the giant bolder/wheel etc crushes you' sections, 'ride the monster' sections :|

Not really surprised since the devs made Dead Space with wasn't very original.

Gona d/l the demo and try myself.

I don't remember any fuss about the Alice In Wonderland games
That's because American McGee's Alice was fuckawesome and wasn't a shitty GoW clone.

Although I imagine the Lewis Carroll Society might've had some complaints about it. Those people are
mad as hatters
There was only one, though.
Sequel's in the works. :D

I don't remember any fuss about the Alice In Wonderland games - were they more like the book or something?

Yeah that game did have a really really cool timburtonesque aesthetic design behind it though. This game could be anything really nothing especially screams out the divine comedy to me.

Still I may get this when it drops in price, it does look like a really solid GOW clone.

well i couldn't think of anything else to describe it :| apparently i've hurt a nerve :p

I hope it doesn't suck.
Ditto. It's being done by the same guys who did American McGee's Grimm; I haven't played any of those games myself, but I heard they got iffy reviews. Here's hoping the game turns out alright. Have some concept art for the new game:

21mguba.jpg

5m0b4y.jpg

Back